Thread: [Feedback] Vote Results

World
    Northisle
    even at 1500 guild coins it's a bargin thanks

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi hi!

Nice competition! & now we can buy silo's! Yihaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hope we can buy more than one silo it, think is not a rare item like that extra slot.
    Also because I need 30! lol

Donda

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

For once I'm nice to BB

I don't tend to be fair to BB often as in my personal opinion they don't care about the game players but in this instance I feel its worth being a little more understanding of the position they are in.

BB did all they could to announce the voting opportunity.
    30th April - Location: Forum: News & Announcements and http://www.thesettlersonline.com
    GUILD MARKET – VOTING (Approx in May)

31st May - Location: Forum: News & Announcements and http://www.thesettlersonline.com
    Name: Silo (max 1)*
    Type: Building
    Description: Special building that re-fills the wheat fields over time.
    Price: 1500 Guild Coins

20th June - Location: Forum: News & Announcements and http://www.thesettlersonline.com
    [Vote system] Results
    And the winner is: Silo!

The same day people are complaining that they didn't know it was 1 silo only.

So either;
    1. These people never visit the forum or the homepage of the game at http://www.thesettlersonline.com yet they can find the time to come to the forum to complain.
    2. They do visit the forum and the home page but consider they don't need to read the news articles but then complain they haven't been kept informed.
    3. They just like to have a whinge anyway.
    A lesson here is if you want to know more about changes to the game, read the information BB provide......

Personally I didn't want the silo and didn't vote for it but I can understand why its a worthy winner even limited to 1 each. Well done BB for trying to be innovative, provide useful stuff within the guild shop area and for once giving players an opportunity to shape a small part of the game.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I predict within a week of it going live masses of people complaining there is nothing to buy in the guild shop.

Like Fishslice though I can see why people voted for it even if I didn't.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    There might have been some few who missed it was limited to 1, but it was quite clearly marked, on the notification about the upcomming vote, aswell as when you voted.

I doubt those who where confused amount to a whole lot of people and I doubt it makes any kind of significant difference in the outcome.

Just the price tag on it indicated it was very limited, I mean come on, do you really think they would sell an infinit supply of Silo's for 1/3rd of the price of what they charge for Nords? (Note they announced the price would be 1.000 guild coins, not 1.500).

If they removed the cap a price should be something in the vicinity of 6-7.5k guildcoins to make sense.

Still: Can't Believe it's Not Crystal Wells!
    Last edited by Vopicus; 21.06.13 at 16:20.

World
    Northisle
    Very nice
    Looki

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Dantesama,

I'm not quite sure how to take this news really. Naturally anything in the game of this nature is a great benefit to players. It's free and that's certainly not to be sniffed at.

However, I think BB are in danger of doing something, I feel they are pretty good at. That's over-promising and under-delivering.

I think the "imposed" limit on silo's is perhaps a little, shall we say, lean :-)

I'm more than aware that there's a balance between what BB give away for free and the revenue stream they create to keep the game viable.

I have 65 farms. 43 of them are L5's. And I can tell you when I come down each morning it looks as if locusts have been on my map. The solution is to acquire silo's. I've purchased a few. I've bought a few in trade and I've picked the odd one up in events (iirc).

A silo costs 750 gems - or about £1.88 if I purchase gems in £10 multiples at happy hour 100% sales.

So to purchase the silo's I need to service my farms I need to spend £122. I can save money and did buy buying £25 worth of silo's in happy hour, which all went on silo's.

Let's add in the watermills I need too. Then's there's the noble resident deeds and ... well you get the picture.

I genuinely believe it's a reasonable request to ask BB to reconsider the imposition of limit they are placing on this item and raise it to say 10 silo's.

Can I support my request please Dantesama. Four years ago I was working in a Freelance role in the construction industry and I was well paid. The industry has been through recession and I have been suffering with a long term illness. If I was earning that sort of money now I am confident I would still not be willing to spend £122 on silo's for any game. I am sure some players will and it's entirely a matter of choice. But would you agree the game has to be attractive to all players and the pricing structure is crucial to its continued support.

I realise this is a very sensitive issue. I am grateful as always that BB allow the playing community to feedback on this forum. I don't wish to start a them and us debate. That's certainly not my point. I would like to ask BB to constructively reflect upon the underlying issue I am talking about and perhaps talk further with the community about the subject of silo's available through guild coins.

Thank you for listening
    Best
    Nutter :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    There's a huge demand for silos ... 1500 GC worth only a few coins at the moment because there's nothing in the shop that worth buying. But you need about 10 days to get 1500 GC, doing 1 guild quest every day.

Maybe BB should think about selling 1 silo for 1500 GC and another 5 (or more) for 2850. That seems to be a fair price and would make us occupied for about 4 months to get them all from guild quests.

It seems to be cheap for current coin prices, but it's comparable with the current perma building licence: 3000 gems <=> 10500 GC (1:3.5), 6 silos = 4500 gems <=> 1500 + 2850*5=15750 GC (1:3.5).

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB clearly stated before the vote that only one silo was available so people cannot complain about it. We should be glad that we are all getting one cheap silo!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    BB clearly stated before the vote that only one silo was available so people cannot complain about it. We should be glad that we are all getting one cheap silo!
    I'm not ;-)

Reply to Thread