Reply to Thread

Thread: Dizzymaking mistletoe

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Dizzymaking mistletoe

After using my first manuscript on my geologist to find 5% larger copper mines, I found my first larger mine.
    Am I the only one getting dizzy from the mistletoe that keeps moving up and down above the mine?
    Why is it needed? I don't care that the mine was discovered by a boosted geologist. In a few days, everything will be found by an upgrades geologist.
    What will my screen be like; one big circus? And I assume that this moving thing will even take some performance, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Stecker78; 22.06.13 at 14:45.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Now that I upgraded to a geologist with 10% larger copper mines: same mistletoe. You can't even see the diference between a +5% and a +10% mine.
    Really don't understand the need.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I see now, that the dizzy-making thingie is gone above the mine when you don't have a settler available for it. Not even very consequent...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jeez, there's even such a stupid thing above mines that have been found faster. What a useless waste of performance...what do I care if my coal mine was found 3 minutes faster?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Just because you may not care doesn't mean that others don't. I rather like the laurel wreaths over my mines. Adds a bit of pizzazz.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I like the laurel wreaths too - it also makes it easier to see if your geologist has found a 'normal' deposit instead.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    it makes it easier to see if your geologist has found a 'normal' deposit instead.
    Yeah...let's turn things around. Let's mark all mines with mistletoes by default, so that the former default (ordinary mine) now becomes the exception.
    And then next year, let's invent something to mark the exceptions...since they must be better recognisable.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I think they are actually Laurus nobilis rather than Viscum album, but yeah, they are highly annoying. About as welcome as the bobbing '!' that used to be on White Castles, and star spam from stone searches.

The laurels are far too obtrusive for what they do.

Reply to Thread