Reply to Thread

Thread: License to be a Merchant

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

License to be a Merchant

Hello.

Maybe it's very wild and unrealistic idea and I must admit I haven't thought about it very deep and long, but here it goes:

How about the player could buy a "Merchant licence for X resource" for the given amount of gold coins. When you have a "Merchant licence" the player can set the price for given resource but he must also provide non-stop supply for that resource. If other players will not agree or sell that resource lower they of course can and that may ruin the players with the license.

Probably this will put the owners of the licenses to way too good position, but on the other hand resources would be almost for free...

I was just short, because this was just a small undeveloped idea...

What do you think?

BTW: my first forum post after almost a year of being active Settler.

Nordavind...

World
    Newfoundland
    Would this be with other players or with "the game"?
    (and yes, some of you just lost the game)
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Other players would be selling that resource, but Merchant license should be time-limited, for let us say 7 days... and it should be pretty expensive stuff. It would basically do this: If i have 30k of wheat it would put 1k of wheat on the market for x money and when it's sold it would automatically (without needed to spend cash for additional selling spot) put another 1k wheat on the market for same price... Price should be fixed and the player who owns the license should be obligated to sell that resource for one week for the same price and the resource must always be available (no shortages).

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    I fail to see how this improves on the current system.

If you want to sell 30k of wheat in 1k bundles, post 7.5 x4 trades.
    If you don't want to pay the escalating 3gc, 6gc posting cost (or are not active enough to re-post the free trade slot), post one x4 trade of 7,500 bundles.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Plus don't forget BB also allow you to increase the 4 slots and to put up a 16 slot offer through spending gems - ok its 19 gems which may be a tad expensive but even that can be useful at times.

Also you suggest the 'resource must always be available (no shortages)' - this will be impossible to achieve as what if you sell your wheat in 1k slots as suggested but are to cheap - you cant be confident that you will be able to maintain production at the required level if you ended up selling 3,00,000 wheat.....

Key is the way the shop operates, it encourages you to think carefully about the offers you make or to sink coins into multiple offers. I wouldn't want to see the shop change drastically at the moment and I think if someone has loads of resources to sell they generally make larger bundles available.

If your suggestion was adopted, I cant see me or many others using it, that in itself doesn't make it a bad idea. BUT, I would rather BB did something about the content they already promised us rather than making up new content. Or even spend some time thinking about what they need to do to improve game performance and get rid of that silly Beta tag that is a poor excuse for being lazy.

Reply to Thread