Reply to Thread

Thread: The mighty Gold Tower

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

The mighty? Gold Tower

I finally managed to obtain one gold tower in the test server. So I ask - is it worth all the trouble? I will need some help from other players to calculate what it costs to buy. Let me tell you this:
    1) First you have to collect beans from very hard adventures. I need some help here - please tell me how many did you get from one adventure and rufly what are the losses (is it possible to complete without cannoneers and elite army) In fairy tale adventures block is rarely possible. And generals can not pass through forests.
    PS: I managed to complete the adventure The Valiant Little Tailor (difficulty 8) and the reward was 100 !!! beans + another adventure. My losses were imense
    2) After you collect 50 000 beans from the adventures you have to buy the Castle.
    3) After spending 50 000 beans buying the castle, it does not work. You have to upgrade it to level 5 by spending another around 50 000 beans (confermed by RonPope). At level 5 it starts working.
    4) The castle produces 5 beanstalks from 50 beans. And beanstalks are actually what you need
    5) You need 4 000 beanstalks to buy the Gold Tower. That is 40 000 beans
    6) The Gold Tower produces 1 gold bar from 50 wheat. The time it takes is 48 !! minutes without the travel time.
    I am not complaining, because I am a low level player. I just open a threat to let everybody at low levels know and not worry if they do not get involed in the fairy tales. Big thanks to the players that offered beanstalks at the trade, I would never have had 4 000 beanstalks without them
    Last edited by Viper9; 21.06.13 at 13:34.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    The following are comments posted by players in the feedback thread in developers corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinXII View Post
    Problem 2... GoldTower... this is an awesome building... but after going through all the madness and pain of getting one you have made it completely not worth it.. 50 wheat for one goldbar... will take entire day to make 30 goldbars (1500 wheat) wich will give me 15 coins.. I can make wheat only and sell it for way more than 15 gc(several times daily btw)... BB this was a stupid silly slip up.. should be 25 wheat per 1 goldbar every 12 mins to even be worth the trouble... ( and break even the wheat)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampHen View Post
    The Gold Tower should at least return a better value for wheat than you can get on TO, even if it's not the best deal you could get on trade buying or selling it for gold. Why would you get a Gold Tower just to put it to sleep? 30 gold coins would be fair trade value (NB: which is not a reward), but not 30 gold bars, which only return 15 coins if you buff it. That's losing money on your wheat. A true Gold Tower should generously make a profit, not a loss (especially after the huge investment needed to get it in the first place)!

When the devs get things so obviously wrong, it sounds like they don't talk to people who really play the game before they release it, even on the test server. I know it's the test server, but truly it sounds like there is no small focus group of gamers that they discuss these things with before it even hits the test server.
    The Gold Tower is NOT worth getting.

1. The efforts needed to get the Gold Tower requires massive amounts of troops loss to get beans.
    2. LOTS of beans = lots of epic adventures. and LOTS of high level troop losses. we're talking elite soliders and cannoneers.
    3. You must buy the castle and upgrade the castle 100,000 beans needed in total.
    4. then you need more beans to produce the bean stalks.
    All this to buy gold towers? that only produces 1 gold bar in 50minutes? that eats up 50 wheat?

Now, also you must consider that the towers are 3x3 area space. so you are taking up space that another building producing wheat could take. You will also need 3 lvl 5 farms at least and wheat field to support the tower. Then you must also factor in the 4x4 area space of the magic castle= 4 building spots. again you could use to produce wheat with that spot.

the amount of wheat needed to make 1 bar of gold. you can sell the wheat and make coins directly!!
    another player suggest that you could convert the wheat to brew with Friary right. With the spaces that is taking up by the tower, and magic castle.
    take the brew and sell it for coins in the provision house. 1,000 brew = 10 gold.

overall gold tower is not worth it. save your weapons and resources in building troops and sell them for gold instead.

the gold towers to give you return cost of the efforts and losses it will take you 5-10 years to even get back.
    Last edited by RonPope; 21.06.13 at 12:58.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    This is still a test phase though, im sure when it goes live they have to change production time, cost of wheat to make a gold bar etc, otherwise what is the point! Also these new adventures sound terrible to play, mass losses for very small rewards, and it sounds like u need all troops available so anyone under level 48 is really gonna struggle. I assume beans are tradeable, but with the trouble of getting them from adventures they'll prob be worth more than the current coins to gem ratio!
    Overall, very disappointed and at lev 40 I wont have a chance at this! ( yes I know this was designed for high level players but c'mon!)

p.s. magnificent residence? 140 pop? takes the space of 5 nobles? Lol, someone on the dev team needs to collect their p45 here. Crazy!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    This is still a test phase though, im sure when it goes live they have to change production time, cost of wheat to make a gold bar etc, otherwise what is the point!
    The ADVENTURES are specifically mentioned as being works in progress with balancing being required, and any negative feedback on the adventures has quickly been responded to by saying that they will be balanced.

However, no such statement has been made about the gold tower, and no response to the reams of negative feedback has been given. The implication from this is that the gold tower and other rewards buildings are being presented as finished products.

Perhaps the designs will be changed, but don't count on it unless BB change their plans quite radically, which they haven't shown any signs of doing. Beyond fixing a few bugs, the science system, for example, was implemented largely as presented on the test server. Yes, they changed some of the production times of various buildings, but not in a way that made any real difference.

The message to date has been: this is our plan and we're sticking to it.

Also, all of this new content is currently available ONLY at level 50.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    The ADVENTURES are specifically mentioned as being works in progress with balancing being required, and any negative feedback on the adventures has quickly been responded to by saying that they will be balanced.

However, no such statement has been made about the gold tower, and no response to the reams of negative feedback has been given. The implication from this is that the gold tower and other rewards buildings are being presented as finished products.

Perhaps the designs will be changed, but don't count on it unless BB change their plans quite radically, which they haven't shown any signs of doing. Beyond fixing a few bugs, the science system, for example, was implemented largely as presented on the test server. Yes, they changed some of the production times of various buildings, but not in a way that made any real difference.

The message to date has been: this is our plan and we're sticking to it.

Also, all of this new content is currently available ONLY at level 50.
    This is what I'm afraid of and it's disappointing. Residence is just going to be a giant waste of space. Lvl 50 players will not be using that. Waste of beans. And who would want to tear down their buildings to make room for it?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    There is a new version of the fairytale on the test server. They improved nearly everything. My info is outdated

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Any details on the improvements?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    It now produces 1 gold COIN from 50 wheat, and cycles every 12 minutes.

This means it needs 10 level 5 farms to support it, and produces 120 gc a day.

I've told them they need to go back to the drawing board and start again...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I assume sinse its called epic,,thats why its so hard getting the stuff,,I totally understand why people that are still levelling dont wanne do this yet,,but hey im not getting up every day just to do the useal stuff and getting star coins,,I think its ok with the new advs. No reason calling things epic if a lvl26 can get it

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Anyone reading this thread, note that it's completely out of date now that the epic adventures have gone live.

Prices, loot drops, everything has been changed from test server...

Reply to Thread