something fishy, I got 225 gems for event on USA server

200 gems for Sandy Cove server. fishy.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Hmmm this is messed up........

World
    Sandycove

We got 100 gems for reaching 100% in the first phase and 100 gems (and HQ and the retro buffs) for reaching 100% in the second phase.
    In the first phase USA got to 100% faster, so they got a bit more gems for that.

Taken from [Dev Diary] Settler Anniversary!:
    • Rewards for the first phase of the event
      The first phase will take approx. 4 days. During this time frame, each game world can win Gems and Hired Troops. The actual amount of these rewards will depend on game world performance during the first phase of the event.

How will it work, exactly?
      Each game world has the same task: reach 100% as soon as possible. The faster your game world reaches it, the more Gems and Hired Troops you get. Remember that having balloons in your storehouse doesn’t count: they need to be handed out to your game world!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Event it was a great succes...for BB ofcourse, they reach the goal, players buy gems, employments get paid so everyone is happy. Like every "event" i catch since i play this game it came to me what is the reality: the goal is to assure moneys for BB. I agree with this, is normal, it is a lot of work making this game work, but please make it fun for us with straight rules and equality between customers!!! Nowhere are contest without regulation and list of prizes to make clear what you have to do to win something. In my eyes, no matter what i do to win this event you, BB, cheat me couse i will never know how the balloons count on final procent and how the prize was calculate it, so you CHEAT ME!!! I want to pay to play this game but offer me good services, do not robbed me please.
    Last edited by Angelgri; 26.07.13 at 06:14.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    It's amazing how many people still want to blame incompetetence for all the fiascos and bugs and glitches, it is by design!! the rewards are lame because BB don't want to give you anything for free, they want to exploit you for your money, suggesting the devs never play the game or don't have a clue what is going on is just so naively ridiculous, of course they know how the game is played, they designed it and there's only two ways you can play it, for free at snails pace or you pay to speed things up.

BB have 20 years experience releasing settlers games on disc that run flawlessly on pc so to accuse them of being incompetent is laughable, they know exactly what they are doing

This event for me went sour after phase 1, northisle gets 100% in 2 and a half days, a day behind the 1st server to hit 100% and about 14th overall but when phase 2 started the germans were suddenly getting over 3x the progress we were

The pairing of the servers made it obvious BB weren't playing fair, the strong german servers should have been paired with weaker ones

the german servers were all placed in the top 10 to start

the 3x gem sale really took the biscuit and i feel the other servers only got the same gem sale because we kicked up a stink

The rewards were just lame and yes i know we all knew before we started but it's not like we had a choice of rewards is it?, come to my party and drink warm lemonade and eat stale ham sandwiches is what should be written on the invite to this event.

Whilst i respect the players who decided to say no to BB and try and get as much as possible, i kinda feel like you were missing the point, you think you're getting one over on BB by still carrying on despite all the problems but are you? you're just paying cash(those who bought gems) to let BB take the mick and you will carry on paying cash because 'you love the settlers' well you obviously love being exploited, manipulated, lied to and taken for granted and treated as stupid then yeah love the game but after a few months playing this game it is obvious how BB operate and i feel sorry for those who refuse to see it because they think more about bragging rights or the fact it's afree game, it clearly isn't free, the whole thing is designed to get you to buy gems

it's obvious BB just want money and they are going to try and exploit you every way they can

Keep it civil please. Thanks Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 26.07.13 at 09:23.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    Mix up german servers with other servers then german.

Make the rewards more rewarding the effort. (Example: give us 100gems for each 10% we make, it would make a lot more players active in the event.)

Comunicate clearly what the goal is, dont hide it under a 100% mark, certainly not when the next 100% is not the same as the first 100% was .

Comunicate clearly what action has what reward (upgrading so many balloons, and buffing so much).

Use real players to test the event and give you the feedback to make a event that gets a better reception then the 2 we had til now.

Make an option for players to step out of the event, so they dont got bothered with event related stuff, and off course also wont get the rewards wich others win. Even better make taking part at the event a choice for each player. So not compeeting players dont get counted in the big whole.

Comunicate the same message to all servers at the same time, so not again warn the germans when the event is going to end exactly first and then hours later on our servers

Give all the servers the same possibility to buy in an happy hour at the same time, again not first the germans and days later after complaints the rest...

Make it possible to compeed inside the servers too, guilds against guilds and players against players...

Make the guild-quest chainline for the time the event lasts a part of the event quests.

Last and most important lesson Always keep in mind this game is all about economics. )))
    Agreed, and I think I might have made some of those points too, but DutchDuty has made them much better than I could. Learn the lessons and implement a well-organised and fair event and you will have happy players.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 26.07.13 at 09:33.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    The whole concept of pitting servers against each other is completely flawed. It's like aliens vs predator. Makes absolutely no sense, nobody would want to watch that movie. And nobody did.
    $173 million gross worldwide. Actually more than most of the previous Alien or Predator movies.

But seriously, why don't you pit guilds against each other, taking into account the number of players in the guild and their xp lvl. Might even encourage some of the older guilds to dump their inactive members.
    Guild vs. guild competitions are as uninteresting as server vs. server competitions, and even more difficult to implement. Only form of competitive play that could work in theory is 1v1 or team vs team (not guild vs. guild) PvP. However, not with the current battle mechanics which don't have any strategic content. At the moment you can always know the outcome before sending a single troop.

Also, I repeat my suggestion to make the HQ upgradable:
    Upgr 1: stockpile for 15.000 weapons and food
    Upgr 2: reduce training time by 10%
    Upgr 3: reduce losses in combat, 1/3 of your troop MIA makes it back to your island, but they take the scenic route.
    Upgr 4: hey, I have to think of everything myself???

It would stop the whining in about one a third of a second.
    Lemme fink 2 m8. Hew abbout giveing extra dommageh 4 war mans!?? ;D
    Last edited by Herr_Pannenkoek; 26.07.13 at 13:22.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Fexno says the USA server Zeus got to 100% before Sandy Cove. Ok, that explains the 25 gems, but not why 25 and not 50? 100? BB just gave out some gems.
    -
    The lowest German server was 22 in phase one. It and other German servers that ranked higher in phase 1 were teamed together or went solo.
    -
    The 23rd and 25th server were teamed together. they finished last. No way was that a fair pairing. All German server teams or solo servers finished in top 9......8 of 9 top ranks were German.
    -
    Maybe bb gave the USA server the extra 25 gems because the USA servers never got a 3x gem sale. Never. Not that it would have mattered, the teams were unfair for phase 2
    -
    -
    The event was fixed, as much as the Tour de France race had drugged winners for many prior years. Never really a fair competition. This event was worse actually.
    -
    I took a lot of grief from chat on Sandy Cove for pointing out this event was full of errors. It was worse on USA server, but that server is barely modded, so it has a rougher chat room. Zeus has attracted less friendly players. But I still got grief from both.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Zeus as too many trolls in chat. I don't bother chatting there anymore.

World
    Newfoundland
    As we are on the EU/UK servers, please lets keep feedback to our servers. Should you wish to talk about anything regarding the US/.net servers, please do so on their forum.

Thanks.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread