Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] 20th Anniversary!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    the convertion rate is 500 balloons for 1 coin.
    2000 water is required for 500 balloons.

Feel free to sell 2000 water for 1 coin using the balloon conversion. I'll stick with selling 2000 water for 5 coins on TO.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by WabbitsRevenge View Post

Feel free to sell 2000 water for 1 coin using the balloon conversion. I'll stick with selling 2000 water for 5 coins on TO.
    Hmm, with all the water made from the event, I can see the Trade Office being flooded. I'm not sure anyone will be buying 2k water for 5 coins. I certainly will not need any water in the foreseeable future, as I have many wells remaining.

World
    Newfoundland
    The event was better than EotW, that much I have to say. It is sad that we didn't get to 150% and wasted a lot of balloons trying to get there, but I dont see any need to compensate that.
    It was the event, I knew that some of the resources could get spent for nothing, it was a competition between servers, and we got to the bronze (100%).

I would suggest that Newfoundland/Sandycove team should be proud of being the highest ranking non-german and non-polish. Not that Northisle didn't do great too!
    Thanks for the event, BB

And thanks for the gifts to come
    "That cat is staring me in a nasty way... just take the photo quick and run!"
    My camera's last words...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Personally i'm glad it's over, the lagg has been terrible for the last few weeks, the whole event was a disapointment just a lot of clicking for a resource sink, it''s funny watching those trying to enjoy it, talk about the blind leading the blind, it's sad that people juust let BB screw them around, BB blatantly lied cheated and gave the german servers an advantage, they ony want your money, this wasn't a birthday event it was just another of BB's money making cons

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I enjoyed it. As I have said many times, for me it wasn't about the rewards but personal satisfaction of helping as best I could.

Yes I agree the balancing could have been done better so that all servers could have had a chance at reaching 200% but it was much better than EOTW.

How about next time region specific events rather than global? All 3 UK servers pitted against each other would really help pull each server together.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by pipski View Post
    Personally i'm glad it's over, the lagg has been terrible for the last few weeks, the whole event was a disapointment just a lot of clicking for a resource sink, it''s funny watching those trying to enjoy it, talk about the blind leading the blind, it's sad that people juust let BB screw them around, BB blatantly lied cheated and gave the german servers an advantage, they ony want your money, this wasn't a birthday event it was just another of BB's money making cons
    Well, those of us that did try found enjoyment in working together and competing as a team. We were not in it to get some paltry rewards, although they will be nice to receive, but we have got the satisfaction of reaching 10th place and UK 2 and CZ 1 managed to overtake PL 1 right at the end.

I'm not happy about the unfair aspects of the event. I believe it was largely mismanaged and badly thought out. Prizes were dangled in front of us and then taken away as the goalposts were moved since BB obviously didn't want more than a couple of servers to reach the elusive 200%. If they have any ability to rethink after the massive amount of feedback they have received on this issue, it would be gratifying if they could reward on position in the leaderboard table, rather than a rather nebulous percentage. I'm not hopeful about this, and I don't believe that we will get anything more than the basic 100% rewards which were 'for taking part'. BB will have to work hard in any future international event to convince players that it is worth the candle.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    BB will have to work hard in any future international event to convince players that it is worth the candle.
    They wouldn't have to work hard if the event itself was actually fun to compete in on its own terms. You know, like a game should be...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Isvoor View Post
    The event was better than EotW, that much I have to say. It is sad that we didn't get to 150% and wasted a lot of balloons trying to get there, but I dont see any need to compensate that.
    It was the event, I knew that some of the resources could get spent for nothing, it was a competition between servers, and we got to the bronze (100%).

I would suggest that Newfoundland/Sandycove team should be proud of being the highest ranking non-german and non-polish. Not that Northisle didn't do great too!
    Thanks for the event, BB

And thanks for the gifts to come

I agree

For me it was never about the rewards it was about how far we could go for those participating in the "team work" weather it was making and donating balloons or providing resources to convert to balloons

I know I am proud at how we did considering how many people did nothing but moan etc
    those who did take part should be proud of themselves also

Used resources can always be gained back over a period of time

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by WabbitsRevenge View Post

Pinewood logs then, they are even cheaper to produce. Plus, as has been pointed out, the glut of water means you won't get that price in TO - nor could you keep selling as much water as you could by converting to balloons then coins.

The point is that by allowing a direct water/logs=balloons=coins conversion process it enables players to exploit that for personal gain and it detracts from future events. I'm not the only one that recognised this straight off and you can bet that if BB do a similar event again I and many others will stockpile whatever resource they use and convert it to coins at the end.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    Pinewood logs then, they are even cheaper to produce. Plus, as has been pointed out, the glut of water means you won't get that price in TO - nor could you keep selling as much water as you could by converting to balloons then coins.

The point is that by allowing a direct water/logs=balloons=coins conversion process it enables players to exploit that for personal gain and it detracts from future events. I'm not the only one that recognised this straight off and you can bet that if BB do a similar event again I and many others will stockpile whatever resource they use and convert it to coins at the end.
    Pinewood converted at 1:10. Could you find anyone willing to sell 5k pinewood logs for 1gc on TO?

Your point doesn't hold up. There's nothing to be exploited for personal gain, because doing what you're suggesting would yield a net loss. So long as BB makes sure that any such conversion in future events will be similarly unprofitable, there's no issue at all.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Reply to Thread