Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copper ore shortage thanks for Finesmith

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Question Copper ore shortage thanks for Finesmith

Hopefully anyone has a suggestion for me.
    With the introduction of the new science system, I was stupid enough to follow the quests and build a Finesmith. Even more stupid was my own greediness forcing me to upgrade it to a level 3 Finesmith.

Since that moment, I have a huge problem: copper ore shortage. See attached print screen.

I don't know how to solve it. There are only 6 copper mines, but even with all of them used, I still have a huge shortage.
    Note: my geologists are already finding mines that are 15% larger.

I see only two alternatives to solve the problem:
    1) upgrade all copper mines all the time to at least level 2
    --> when doing that, I need more tools production. For more tools production, I need more copper ore. Vicious circle?!
    2) keep my copper mines buffed all the time
    --> very expensive and requires me to log on very often

Notice: I'm only level 30. Perhaps later on there are other alternatives?
    I think however that there should be an alternative already for level 30, otherwise I would not have received a quest to build the Finesmith.

Thank in advance for your support.
    Attached Images

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    You run into problems that are common when you start playing. There is always a shortage of resources.
    If it's not tools, it's marble or hardwood.
    What you can do is put the finesmith to sleep for a while and buff ( or let someone else buff ) your coppermines.
    In the end, at a higher level, you will find out you do indeed need to level your mines.

Keep in mind this game is all about trying to find a balance

World
    Sandycove
    easiest way out is to turn your finesmith off for a while as the above poster says. Once people have upgraded their geos, copper will eventually fall in price. Its all about some people wanting to upgrade faster than others. Dont panic, operate the finesmith for say 3 hours a day and you will get there

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You're at the level where you start needing to produce a lot more copper, I most players I know start doing level 2 mines at about your level. This gives them the cooper to run more smelters than you have and a finesmith. My experience is the science system increases you copper output enough to run the finesmith at level 3.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Big promises, but my promise is: at level 35 you still have only 6 coppers mines and your need for tools and bronze swords increased by a factor X.
    Don't see how this problem will be solved for you within a long time therefore.

Thanks for the heads-up therefore; no science system for me for now.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Leveling your copper mines to lvl2 will cost you 50 tools per mine but will supply you with +2160/12h copper ore. The extra 636 copper ore you'll have can be diverted to a new lvl2 copper smelter (or lvl your current ones) plus a lvl2 toolmaker and walla, you have escaped your vicious circle

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Ramp up your toolmaking - and stone and pinewood planks too, because you can turn them into tools at the provision house. That prepares you for upgrading not just copper mines, but for a lot of other things too. In time you will be taking your copper mines at least to level 3 and possibly higher if you buff them too. (Yes, there really is a sound mathematical logic to spending 500 tools upgrading a copper mine to level 4 at some point, or even 5!)

It's a grind, but if you want a good supply of recruits (bronze swords) and mines (all types), then you will always be needing to maximise production from those 6 copper mines. When you upgrade your geos with the skill tree, that should also be your first priority - bigger copper mines which you can mine faster.

All of this presumes you aren't stupid rich enough to blow £75 of real money on endless copper mines! Still crazy to me.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not so sure of escaping this vicious circle. There will be more downtime when leveling the copper mines...I'm not richenough yet for a bottomless ore pit
    Altogether: our conclusion is that it doesn't make sense to have a Finesmith quest offered to level 30 players, since that will mess up their game.

Thanks for reacting; I was already afraid I missed something.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stecker78 View Post
    I'm not so sure of escaping this vicious circle. There will be more downtime when leveling the copper mines..
    It's 2:30 minutes to lvl it 1->2 ... i dont get your problem

Just read again what I wrote 3 posts above, I really don't think we can make it more easier for you, I even gave you specific numbers...
    Last edited by Benedicter; 24.06.13 at 22:11. Reason: O_o

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    As Benedictor is saying, upgrade your mines to level 2.

Making up some things. I'm going to pretend that you log on around the same time every day, around once every 24 hours, maybe 6pm after work/school, then maybe around for a few hours before bed. Also for the sake of easy numbers, I'm going to pretend the +15% mines have 800 ore, since I can't recall the exact numbers, (811? 817? 822?) meh.

Ok.
    Your level 1 mines, assuming you have them fairly close to a storehouse and don't have the half speed mines levelled up are going to take around 44 hours to deplete, they will run out a few hours before you log on the second day. You're going to build them once every 2 days, and wind up with 4800 ore after 2 days (6 x 800), or, 2400 per day.

Now, upgraded to level 2, you'll run the mines down in half the time, 22 hours, just before you log on the next day. You're going to build them once every day, and wind up with 4800 ore per day.

This large increase in your ore supply will well and truly allow for the payment of the 300 tools per day to make it happen (and pay for your Finesmith, and have spare).
    Last edited by Thrade; 25.06.13 at 05:36.

Reply to Thread