Reply to Thread

Thread: My suggestions for the best game ever

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb My suggestions for the best game ever

I will go straight to the point. Below is what I hope that will have in the game.

- Battle mode: I think this will be more strategy when you can decide which unit attack which unit in battle. For example:

(My general) (Bows) (Recruit) <-----> (enemy melee unit A) (enemy range unit) (enemy general)
    (enemy melee unit B)

What im trying to say is that at least, pls let us choose which enemy melee unit I can attack first. I hate when my recruit all attack in unit A when I want it to attack Unit B. Its always more fun to win a battle by your mind, not by one click and wait for battle report!

- Units Upgrade: I think thats a good idea if after defeated all bandits leader, we can unlock Upgrade House, where we can creat items to buff our army units stats. You know, a man can be stronger, a soldier can get a better weapon and equipment. I hate to see my troops have the same stats from starting to the end.

- PvP mode: I bet anyone want this for the game. It should be optional and go with a pvp rank. any win will bring you fame point and you can use fame point to exchange something:P. Pls add this :P (and maybe people can bet somethings before pvp)

- Guild war: The idea of a guild war is to bring any guild members close together. Any members of a guild can send some of their army to the Guild Army. They cant send all of them to the Guild Army, can only send a percent(may be up to 20% is good) of their total army to guild. this GUILD ARMY will be used for GUILD WAR. Guild war can be between 2 guild, where the winner guild will have some kinds of resources to upgrade guild. and of crouse, the one who control the GUILD ARMY is guild leader or vice leaders.

- Some Graphic Update: its could be cool when you can see some units walking in and out the barrack like trainning. For me, I really like this idea !

Thanks for listening!

World
    Newfoundland
    Battle mode reminds me of Heroes of might and magic style question is, will it work in TSO? I can't answer that but I'm sure it's good idea to consider.
    PvP is on the way since 2011 and will arrive shortly. ( Something between 2013-20's) so you can get your stock ready.
    Guild war will be ok if people could opt out otherwise some of them will just leave guilds. Guild leaders can't always be online and any member that signed for battle should be granted control over army.

Graphic Update- I'm actually waiting for option to freeze animations.
    Don't expect anything in TSO to avoid dissapointment.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by K0sh1 View Post
    Battle mode reminds me of Heroes of might and magic style question is, will it work in TSO? I can't answer that but I'm sure it's good idea to consider.
    PvP is on the way since 2011 and will arrive shortly. ( Something between 2013-20's) so you can get your stock ready.
    Guild war will be ok if people could opt out otherwise some of them will just leave guilds. Guild leaders can't always be online and any member that signed for battle should be granted control over army.

Graphic Update- I'm actually waiting for option to freeze animations.
    hehe about the graphic i still expecting more ) i hate to see everythings in freeze. but yah, an option to freeze it is a good way to fix lag problem)

The rest, i agree with you ^^

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why would you go for a battle in Heroes of Might and Magic style, if you could make a battle in Age of Wonders style?
    Spoken about Age of Wonders; that's where the idea of upgrading army units is coming from, isn't it?

Altogether, I'm not a big fan of making a combat similar to other games. I'd rather play the other games when I want such a combat.
    However, I fully agree that the current combat is not strategic enough. It's mainly using tons of cannon fodder. If you are lazy then you can read adventure walkthoughs....where's the challenge in that?!

Therefore I would go for different suggestions:
    1) Stop using static bandit camps. Perhaps a random generator for assigning the bandit units to a camp (of course within a certain camp strength limit).
    Just play the adventure Island of the Pirates and you know what I'm talking about. Every single camp has the same setup; it contains a bunch of Caltrops for first strike attack. I'm falling asleep when being challenged like that...

2) Our own army is in desperate need for more tactical units. Currently only cavalry gives some strategic options, but it's the only unit doing so and it's so weak that you cannot use it in most combats. On top of that it's always attacking the weakest unit, while sometimes you wish it could attack the strongest unit.
    I think it would be great if all units indicate a little more specifically what they will attack:
    E.g.
    - Bowmen attack weakest close-range infantery
    - Cavalry attack weakest artillery otherwise weakest long-distance infantery otherwise strongest close-range infantery
    - Artillery attack strongest close-range infantery otherwise strongest long-distance infantery
    - etc.

3) It would be nice to add some differentation to the units.
    Militia is a copy-pasted recruit, just a little stronger. Same applies for the soldier and the elite soldier.
    The same goes for bowman, longbowman and crossbowman. This is making things extremely boring.

When stealing something from Age of Empires: why not using pikeman, swordsman, halberdiers, etc.
    Indicate for each units against what type of units they do well, and against what type of units they do worse. This makes the combat much more tactical instantly, without the need to create a interactive combat. All the thinking still needs to be done upfront, so that Settlers remains the type of game it is.

And about the graphics and performance....that's simply a matter of bad design in the past. Flash is not becoming outdated without a reason.
    Only way to solve that issue is by completely redesigning the UI and the part steering the UI.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 27.07.13 at 09:34.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by greatxira View Post
    i will go straight to the point. Below is what i hope that will have in the game.

- battle mode: i think this will be more strategy when you can decide which unit attack which unit in battle. For example:

(my general) (bows) (recruit) <-----> (enemy melee unit a) (enemy range unit) (enemy general)
    (enemy melee unit b)

what im trying to say is that at least, pls let us choose which enemy melee unit i can attack first. I hate when my recruit all attack in unit a when i want it to attack unit b. Its always more fun to win a battle by your mind, not by one click and wait for battle report!

- units upgrade: i think thats a good idea if after defeated all bandits leader, we can unlock upgrade house, where we can creat items to buff our army units stats. You know, a man can be stronger, a soldier can get a better weapon and equipment. I hate to see my troops have the same stats from starting to the end.

- pvp mode: I bet anyone want this for the game. It should be optional and go with a pvp rank. Any win will bring you fame point and you can use fame point to exchange something. Pls add this (and maybe people can bet somethings before pvp)

- guild war: the idea of a guild war is to bring any guild members close together. Any members of a guild can send some of their army to the guild army. They cant send all of them to the guild army, can only send a percent(may be up to 20% is good) of their total army to guild. This guild army will be used for guild war. Guild war can be between 2 guild, where the winner guild will have some kinds of resources to upgrade guild. And of crouse, the one who control the guild army is guild leader or vice leaders.

- some graphic update: its could be cool when you can see some units walking in and out the barrack like trainning. For me, i really like this idea !

Thanks for listening!
    agreed about everything!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    As I see, except last one all the ideas aimed more fight. So, I don't like them all. If anyone wants more adrenalin, there are plenty of games for. It doesn't mean, I treat this combat system the best, most of adventures really boring. But I like its basic idea.

Battle mode assums there are not such initiatives, skills.

Units upgrade means there are no current hitpoint, damage, accuracy. So a combat system based on a totaly different footing.

As we can suspect on the above basis, PvP aims more fight, with goal of defeat, despose of others, mainly demonstrate power and force. Strategy means something else to me. I expect as target more cooperation instead of rivalry, where strengh is reflecting mainly in organization, economic skills, and fight is the last chance; which fight will decide only the priority on roughly calculable, foreseeable costs.

If PvP were implemented, could provide for the possibility of military alliances, leaving undisturbed the guilds. Guild army is a wrong idea: it could induce a strong dependency and heavy hierarchy, also not clear, who and how decide to start a war...

So, in sum, I think combat system have to change, but this should aim competition for certain resources, and hence for supremacy of its area. Something like multiplayer colonization adventures on far islands.
    Last edited by Brankovics; 24.01.14 at 13:03.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Or, another suggestion, how about Barracks 2 building, where units can be combined into a different unit, such as mounted archers?
    Failing that, the ability to have several bandit units included in the loot for use as 'mercenaries'.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    ability to have several bandit units included in the loot for use as 'mercenaries'.
    e.g. a Wild Mary?

World
    Newfoundland
    An overhaul of the combat system would be excellent. RTS-Style combat is probably beyond the realistic scope of a flash-based game, but some more advanced turn based strategy is definitely possible, and would be a sight more interesting than what we have now.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    guiId wars couId be interesting if u didnt Iose any troops, pvp yeah def Iose troops if u opt in for it, maybe set up a Iottery seeing as a few guiIds do it maybe a server one 5 random numbers and a bonus baII and a roIIover jackpot couId buy a ticket for 1gc max 5 tickets? dunno bit of fun maybe

Reply to Thread