Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: TSO 20th Anniversary

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    Well if you don't meet the 100% for the first 4 days. You don't get the gems for phase 1. :-)
    Yeah I get that. What i mean though is this:

Server 1:
    Within 4 days can acquire 1m balloons. 100% needs 800k donated.

Server 2:
    Within 4 days can acquire 2m balloons. 100% needs 800k donated.

Server 3:
    Within 4 days can acquire 5m balloons. 100% needs 800k donated.

If server 2 rushes to get 100% then they might be able to donate 800k within 2 days.

If server 3 tries to get as many balloons as possible for the full 4 days then at the last minute on the 4th day donates 800k then will have 4.2m balloons ready to donate in phase 2.

Server 2 will then have rushed themselves out of collecting a further 1.2m balloons.

Its the second phase that is really the event, not the first. The first is to just qualify for it.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

World
    Newfoundland
    Time to say goodbye for water trading for a while... All goes into balloons now!
    "That cat is staring me in a nasty way... just take the photo quick and run!"
    My camera's last words...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    After evaluating this event. I'm realizing yet again it's not an event that is worth doing.

With all those donations we're making we don't get much in terms of a reward.
    The amount of gems for phase 1 really doesn't equate to the value of the resources you donate. Also- the fact that the reward distribution is a bit unbalanced. I feel that the person donating the most should get a bigger piece of the gems pie than somebody who donates very little.

For example. I feel that Phase should have an allocation of "X" gems to be distributed based on the donation % of the individual.
    Here's a specific example. If it's 1000000 gems to be awarded, the person who donates the most resources gets a bigger piece of the gems %. Otherwise he wasted the most resources say 900000 just to get 100 gems only. and the guy who just joined the server gets 100 gems for giving only 900 balloons.

This event is nothing more than a resource sink.

The house we get is only 20 pop.?
    That's terrible. While I get the whole "20" theme because it's an anniversary. Do you think you could reward us a bit more? like 120 population?
    Now that would be better. Since these are limited edition houses- I think it would be okay to allow for the 120 pop count. It's not like we're going to replace our entire noble islands with them.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    Yeah I get that. What i mean though is this:

Server 1:
    Within 4 days can acquire 1m balloons. 100% needs 800k donated.

Server 2:
    Within 4 days can acquire 2m balloons. 100% needs 800k donated.

Server 3:
    Within 4 days can acquire 5m balloons. 100% needs 800k donated.

If server 2 rushes to get 100% then they might be able to donate 800k within 2 days.

If server 3 tries to get as many balloons as possible for the full 4 days then at the last minute on the 4th day donates 800k then will have 4.2m balloons ready to donate in phase 2.

Server 2 will then have rushed themselves out of collecting a further 1.2m balloons.

Its the second phase that is really the event, not the first. The first is to just qualify for it.
    I think I understand what you're saying now. If people don't care about getting the most gems possible for phase 1. Yes. it's better to donate the last day so that you can accumulate as much balloons as possible. Since they're locking us out from producing more balloons once it hits 100%.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i think it will be nice to we can compete the inside of the server, becose now that is just stupid.. donate resource

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    I think I understand what you're saying now. If people don't care about getting the most gems possible for phase 1. Yes. it's better to donate the last day so that you can accumulate as much balloons as possible. Since they're locking us out from producing more balloons once it hits 100%.
    I missed the part about getting more rewards the faster we do phase 1. Even still BB don't specify exactly how good these reward improvements will be so could be instead of 100 gems its 110, which would be a little pointless. Also the rewards are joke anyway, the main reason to participate in the event is to beat the other servers in phase 2.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    No balloons yet, but I got the first voucher code for all of you

647-affd-3af4

It gives you 20 settlers and a 500 gold refill....
    Thx man!

World
    Northisle
    The event seems a bit odd, but I'll give it a go.

Thank you BB for giving us something new to do =]
    *Price Lists, Value Calculations, Adventure Guides, Helpful Links*

Join us on Forum Groups, Facebook and Google+

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    [removed]

RocketKing,

Do not use profanity on the forum.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 27.06.13 at 12:55.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Ok so 6 hours in, and Northisle is only at 0.32%....... I've donated 30k balloons already and am fast running out of resources, there is no water nor pinewood logs on TO for decent prices, and unless everyone concentrates on only producing balloons for the next 3 3/4 days I don't see how we can even come close to 100%?!

"The first phase is needed to make sure the script responsible for calculating results is working properly and to make sure the competition is well balanced."

I'm hoping they reduce the amount needed to reach 100% or no one is going to do it....
    Last edited by LadyNipa; 27.06.13 at 13:45.

Reply to Thread