Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: TSO 20th Anniversary

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    When oh when will these guys realise its not infrequent events mos players want but new adventures etc. Lets have 5 to 10 new adventures, ranging across the difficulty levels. On some of these the numbers of enemies in the camps should alter each time you start that adventure. So, for instance, it might have 10 lancers and 50 knights this time but next time you do that adventure it might have 30 lancers and 20 knights. Also the camp locations could alter slightly each time so you have to work out your own troop numbers, blocks etc. This way no online guides etc so goodbye boredom/repetition. Making these adventures really isnt that hard in terms of programming, it just need someone to extract their digit and get it done.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sdofmsdf View Post
    i don't understand why people hate this event allready while it hasnt even been rolled out yet. i think it's great to play this event, even if the server balance is off. i don't mind. as long as we (sandycove) can gather enough balloons to get us to the 200% mark, i will be happy. just gather them balloons and enjoy the game, enjoy the event or shut up. you know, BB could have decided not to do anything and let you - day in day out - refill your wheat fields, yeah that's alot of FUN! i love it when BB comes with a nice event and give you free stuff for your game. if you don't want to participate in this event, give all your rewards to me then. stop crying little babies! now pick up some balloons!!
    Totally agree! So nice that BB actually do bother to do anything at all. A lot of other companies just dont care. Bring on the balloons and come on Newfoundland!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRocker View Post
    YAY
    rewards dont look worth the effort so im not gonna bother with this event and dont think many will after the last server event, if i opt out now can i not have this event added to my game?
    We have to collect balloons - how hard can that be and how hard is that going to tax your resources? how can it be not worth the effort when you don't even know exactly how we get the balloons?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do hope the 'formula' is a little less simple than it seems.
    Server X may well be older than Y and Z, but it also has a much higher proportion of people who have reached level 50, and got fed up.
    The timing could have been better too, like EOTW it's being run over a 'holiday' period, I've already been receiving messages from fellow players that they are going away at various times so won't be active, and I want to watch Wimbledon!
    Are we yet again going to be expected to do long adventures over and over, at a time where the only Guild Quest seems to be "experience 2 adventures" ad infinitum? Expect more ructions within guilds as half will only be interested in guild coin accrual, and the other half will be chasing balloons.

Like other posters, I too will not touch Farcebook or [ twitter ] with a barge pole, so hopefully we'll be allowed to share the codes in-game without reproach.
    Last edited by peck_ed; 26.06.13 at 21:12.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    I wonder if the same game world will be able to win both international events?

In terms of gameplay, its nice to have something different to do.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    How do I found out which world server I'm in?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas261185 View Post
    How do I found out which world server I'm in?
    Newfoundland, aka World 1, says next to your post
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    How about instead of doing things for personal gain and asking "What's in it for me?" you do it because it is different or heck maybe even fun or even just for personal pride?

Personally I don't care about the rewards. I will be taking part in this event to help prove that Sandycove s the best server in the world, also because it will be a change from the norm.
    Because:

1. TSO events are NEVER fun. The game is, not the events.
    2. When we spent our precious time on this game, we EXPECT personal gains. That's pretty much what progress is all about.
    3. Allthough BB is great at making games, they are NOT great at listening to us, regardless what they say. That second timed quest thingy recently showed that, nothing learnt from the first round, and player feedback is ignored. If they expect us to spend hours on events that we do not find fun at all, then they better provide rewards that are better that stuff we get from playing the game "normally".

If Sandycove wins this event, that alone doesn't prove anything, and it certainly doesn't make it the best server in the world. But we won't win - do you really believe a non-German server stands a chance? Lol...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    No balloons yet, but I got the first voucher code for all of you

647-affd-3af4

It gives you 20 settlers and a 500 gold refill....

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    No balloons yet, but I got the first voucher code for all of you
    647-affd-3af4
    It gives you 20 settlers and a 500 gold refill....
    Would help if you post where you found it. :-)

Reply to Thread