Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: TSO 20th Anniversary

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    They won't drop the amount needed, last time the top few servers suddenly soared ahead of the target and ended up doing about 10x better than most the other servers, it will probably be the same this time. I'm not sure why they bothered with this kind of event given how badly received the eotw event was, maybe they just like giving more free stuff to the German home servers?

It would be nice if the scoreboard had scores rather than percentages, at least you would know what your contribution is worth then, you can throw 1Mil balloons in donations and it might not even provide 0.01% at the moment

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    They're probably using % so they can curve the scoreboard later if its too low. But I agree, they need a progress bar in terms of numbers not %.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    They won't drop the amount needed, last time the top few servers suddenly soared ahead of the target and ended up doing about 10x better than most the other servers, it will probably be the same this time. I'm not sure why they bothered with this kind of event given how badly received the eotw event was, maybe they just like giving more free stuff to the German home servers?

It would be nice if the scoreboard had scores rather than percentages, at least you would know what your contribution is worth then, you can throw 1Mil balloons in donations and it might not even provide 0.01% at the moment
    Thats exactly whats gonna happen. In this tempo, not a single server will make it to 100% in 4 days but somehow I think the germs will manage to jump a few times.

BB might as well just cancel the event and give it all to the germs... What's the point?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    the point is to suck the res out of the game and at this rate noone will win apart from the germans if they dont sort out soon im sure they will lose more customers as per usual oh and how many pages before any of the devs comment u reckon? im guessing they will just keep quiet and hide behind the mods that dont really know why all this is happening either. % sucks give us numbers!!! like total ppl active in each server and how many balloons we actually gotta get not rocket science even got a test server and still fail!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    There's a rumour going around that only the Top 10 servers in Phase 1 will move on to Phase 2. Is there any truth in this or have people just missunderstood the cryptic instructions on the forum?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashan View Post
    There's a rumour going around that only the Top 10 servers in Phase 1 will move on to Phase 2. Is there any truth in this or have people just missunderstood the cryptic instructions on the forum?
    I think the problem is 2 different sets of information have come out regarding this. I would go via this post here by BB_Dantesama as it was posted past all the questions about this came up
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Northisle
    hi, how do i know on which server i play, there are only flags with numbers in rank list?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi hi,

Think this is not a fair contest between servers, because we don't see how many active players there are on each server & we can not see how many balloons every server is donating! so we can not compare anything! so it is no contest!

Second : Why not a in-server contest between guild's?

Wood be more fun! This because I don't now those pp on the other servers!

Donda
    Last edited by DonDa; 27.06.13 at 20:56.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    MODS on our server are saying this is qualifying before phase 1, can someone say exactly what we're doing right now?

"[21:24] [Notme] MOD_AliasRed3: as far as i am aware we are in qualifying, but balloons created in qualifying will count towards phase 1

[21:18] MOD_Fhearghus3: this is NOT phase 1 yet"

The detail in the event window is different to that in the dev diary. If we are in phase 1 then Mods in game need to be informed of this. If we're in a pre-phase 1 qualifying the dev diary should be updated to reflect the event window, which also states that if people dont do enough in "qualifying" we will be excluded from the event... again not mentioned in the dev diary

Someone needs to clarify this urgently.... if we're in a pre-phase 1 qualifying we need to know, if we're in phase 1, then our Global 1 mods should stop saying we arent as it will put people off spending resources on balloons.

Is there a chance our server may not qualify if we dont reach a hidden number of donated balloons? again this will also put people off taking part incase they are just wasting resources on balloons to not take part.

prntscr.com/1cagv1 < from the event window
    Last edited by TheRook21; 27.06.13 at 20:56.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hopefully this will be cleared up shortly by BlueByte, we should likely wait until we have further information.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread