World
    Sandycove
    A59-C6D4-42F4 -> bounty hunter adventure

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    No balloons yet, but I got the first voucher code for all of you

647-affd-3af4

It gives you 20 settlers and a 500 gold refill....
    thank you kindly good sir

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sdofmsdf View Post
    A59-C6D4-42F4 -> bounty hunter adventure
    thank you too good sir

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I have a few questions:
    - It would be nice to know how many ballons it would require to reach each threshold, rather than just a percentage number. Will it be 10/20/100M to get to 100%?
    - Is the merging of servers actually going to make a positive difference? E.g. if the servers Y and Z need to gather, say, 10M and 7M balloons respectively to get to 100% and they are merged, does it mean they will have to gather an amount less than 10M+7M (e.g. 14M), or do they have to gather that total amount (17M) (in which case the merging would be pointless)?
    - Will you be using the first phase to determine approximately how many players on each server are actively pursuing the goals?

This definitely looks to be more interesting than the End of the World event. Hopefully it'll be possible for our servers to actually achieve a goal this time...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    new adventures, new buildings, new (old) skins, global & individual objectives, and at least 20 free prizes for everyone, even those who do not wish to participate actively in the event? for shame, BB!! *rolls eyes and drowns in my own sarcasm*

I can't wait to see how this plays out; it looks like it will be great fun. If nothing else, who doesn't love balloons?? *takes a big breath of helium and continues in a chipmunk voice* And thank you for taking steps to try to balance out the mismatched server strength. I hope it works to level the playing field a little.

Out of curiosity though, the homepage says the servers would go down at 00:30 BST for the upload. Its now after 3:30 and Newfoundland at least is still up and running. Has the time been pushed back a few hours, or will the servers still be up at 8:00 as originally planned?

Finally, to the person who suggested that the event description was written poorly or by someone who doesn't speak English natively.... how much helium have you had??? Considering the amount of info presented, it was amazingly and concisely written and if the author doesn't speak English as a first language, you could knock me over with a piece of confetti!!

Well done on all points BB and Happy Birthday Settlers!!

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down

Maintenance 27/06/2013

Thursday, June 27th at 00h30 until 8h00 GMT +1 (British Summer time)

what happened to this maintenance !?!
    He who speaks often, knows little;
    Those that know, speak rarely.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    This looks interesting, and could be fun, but I think there are a few points that really ought to be made clear in the opening post:

1) How do you get balloons? (Even if BB does not want to state in the post, they could at least put something specific like: The mechanism for getting balloons will be explained via the quest. Or, The mechanism for getting balloons is supposed to be secret, we hope you find out all the ways!)
    2) Are there any individual rewards? It seems that the quest is to gather balloons and donate them.. but, do we get anything for this, or only server wide rewards if we hit a threshold? It seems like some people could do a lot of work and get no reward if the server does not hit 100%. Be it as it may, it would be helpful to at least state: No individual rewards for handing in balloons, but lots of rewards if your server hits 100, 150, or 200%!!

I think if those two points were clarified it would be great

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    great more buildings to put on my titchy island,on top of the recent scientific buildings. would be better if these buildings could float so i could put them somewhere!!!!!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    This looks interesting, and could be fun, but I think there are a few points that really ought to be made clear in the opening post:

1) How do you get balloons? (Even if BB does not want to state in the post, they could at least put something specific like: The mechanism for getting balloons will be explained via the quest. Or, The mechanism for getting balloons is supposed to be secret, we hope you find out all the ways!)
    From the event description, under the Fair Chance for All section: Many activities in-game will allow players to gather balloons and hand them over to their game worlds. ... It is up to you to discover all the different mechanics and best ways to catch the maximum amount of balloons, make sure to share this knowledge with other players to increase the chance of winning.

As for individual rewards, regardless of the server competition and the individual quest activity (which may or maynot reward loot other than balloons) we still get the voucher codes throughout the event. And if they're anything like today's, I'll opt not to sneeze on that cake.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sdofmsdf View Post
    i don't understand why people hate this event allready while it hasnt even been rolled out yet. i think it's great to play this event, even if the server balance is off. i don't mind. as long as we (sandycove) can gather enough balloons to get us to the 200% mark, i will be happy. just gather them balloons and enjoy the game, enjoy the event or shut up. you know, BB could have decided not to do anything and let you - day in day out - refill your wheat fields, yeah that's alot of FUN! i love it when BB comes with a nice event and give you free stuff for your game. if you don't want to participate in this event, give all your rewards to me then. stop crying little babies! now pick up some balloons!!
    My thoughts exactly.

Reply to Thread