Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's balloon up sandycove!!

World
    Sandycove

Let's balloon up sandycove!!

Hi server mates,

THE FIRST PHASE IS OVER! Good job everyone!

Phase 2 has no date yet. Lets prepare for it!

When it launches, convert stuff on Provision House and let’s get some balloons! Its on the EVENT tab.

***** THE STRATEGY *****

Switch off all production BUT:

- Water Wells (water) (cover your island with wells, turn off Stables, Bakeries, Breweries/Friary)
    - Pinewood Cutters (pinewood) (turn off Pinewood Sawmills and Coking Plants)
    - Fishman (fish)
    - Stone Masons (stone)

(thanks to Saphorik for this info - German and Polish servers were doing it this way and produce average 15k balloons each per hour)

I would also suggest myself:

- Hardwood Cutters (Hardwood) (turn off Sawmills, they are 9 mins X Cutters 4:30 min, same Balloon value)
    - Hunters (meat) (turn off Butchers, they are 12 min X Hunters 6, same Balloon value)
    - Copper Mines (Copper ore) (turn off Copper Smelters)
    - Recyclers and Coal Mines ONLY (Coal) (Because Coking Plants use Pinewood and you want it - Cutters are two times faster than Coking Plants)

** Rewards for the first phase of the event: (from official thread) **

- The first phase will take approx. 4 days. During this time frame, each game world can win Gems and Hired Troops. The actual amount of these rewards will depend on game world performance during the first phase of the event.

LINKS:

Official Annoucement

[FAQ] TSO Anniversary

[ Guide ] Settlers 20th Anniversary Event

Vouchers

Balloon Conversion Rates (Coin per Balloon)

The Shaman Adventure Guides

Guide 1

Guide 2

Angelgri's guide Normal general and elite soldiers / xbows

Old Ruins Adventure Guides

Elite soldiers and Cannoneers

Anything else anyone wants to add here, just let me know and i'll update this post.

Thank you for reading and SPREAD THE WORD. We will ONLY suceed if we work together.

cheers,

Merkraad from The Hellfire Club [THFC] guild
    Last edited by Merkraad; 01.07.13 at 15:16.

World
    Sandycove
    Good job Merkraad!!!!!
    At the end.... everything is going to be OK...
    If it's not OK... it's not yet the end...

World
    Sandycove
    hello, after small research on other servers like german and polish we found out about their strategy.. they swiching off all production and focusing just on water, pinewood logs, fish and stones. they can produce average 15k balloons each per hour. so...the reason Im writing to all guild leaders is to at least try this inside the guilds. My guild doing this way already (lower silesians) we covered our islands with wells.
    we saw what had happend on EOTW event..so I thought we can not give up thank u for your time and good luck,

World
    Sandycove
    THANK YOU Saphorik. My guild leader has passed your message to me, will update post.
    - Merkraad, officer of The Hellfire Club [THFC] guild on Sandycove -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The only way to win is to stop donating balloons, instead attach them to your islands. When we have enough attached balloons your island will float over the English channel, At the right moment cut the strings and crush the german like bugs.

Skilled Student Harald_Villraade's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice initiative! I do have one comment, though: Cokers convert pw logs to coal at a ratio of 1:1, and with the conversion rate to balloons being more than twice as good for coal (4:1 vs 10:1), I´d highly recommend that you leave your cokers ON.

Let´s at least catch up with the Americans! *embarrased*

World
    Sandycove
    Nice post Merkraad - Sandycove has move up a couple of places since last night

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Harald_Villraade View Post
    Nice initiative! I do have one comment, though: Cokers convert pw logs to coal at a ratio of 1:1, and with the conversion rate to balloons being more than twice as good for coal (4:1 vs 10:1), I´d highly recommend that you leave your cokers ON.

Let´s at least catch up with the Americans! *embarrased*

Yes that is the ratio, BUT, Coking Plants: 3 Min base time X Pinewood Cutters 1:30 Min base time:

80 Coal: 20 balloons -----------> 4 : 1 -----> same
    100 Pinewood: 10 balloons -----> 10 : 1 ----> 6.67 : 1 / 5.8 : 1 (1.5 - 1.7 faster) half base time, there is walking to deposit though so its not double. Just compared some numbers in my island.

Coking Plants eat your Pinewood which you could convert. Lower production time will benefit more from buffs specially short term ones like Platters.

I guess depends on what you have I have a lot of Cutters and they are close to Storehouses AND trees so went with that.

Also If you factor in Coin prices from here, Pinewood is cheaper so we are 'losing ' less.

Coal: buy 66 sell 88 X Pine Wood Logs: buy 44 sell 58

So selling Coal is 1.5 more coins.
    Last edited by Merkraad; 28.06.13 at 15:21.
    - Merkraad, officer of The Hellfire Club [THFC] guild on Sandycove -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The only way to win is to stop donating balloons, instead attach them to your islands. When we have enough attached balloons your island will float over the English channel, At the right moment cut the strings and crush the german like bugs.

World
    Sandycove
    RattyRatboys guild are on the case and all provision houses are working around the clock. Thanks for the great advice above

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Great work! I would also suggest leaving on any mines as they don't need an input to get stuff out of them - leave on iron mines and gold if you can manage that.

Also as we get close to the end of phase 1 we need to donate little and often so that we don't make balloons that can't be used.

I have a couple of ideas on how to work together with another server, but will communicate this out of the public eye.

World
    Sandycove
    BGH been taking it all the way we wanted to donate 1 million balloons but we past that as a guild on day 1 we are making 1000's every minute and donating them lets get 100% asap and start stocking up for part 2

Reply to Thread