Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I probably wont participate in the 20th Anniversary Event

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Why I probably wont participate in the 20th Anniversary Event

See quote below

Each game world has the same task: reach 100% as soon as possible.
    The faster your game world reaches 100%, the more rewards you get.
    It will be possible to track the current progress through a button below the avatar interface.
    During the first phase of the event, each game world fights alone for its rewards.
    Rewards for the first phase: Gems and Hired Troops. The amount of these rewards will depend on the performance of your game world (how fast it reaches 100%).
    So we have to reach 100% and ideally fast. Great but what is 100%, is it 1 balloon donated per active player or a zillion balloons donated per active player. The End of the World event was fun and I enjoyed doing it for the sake of doing it. I also made a lot of friends along the way, but, the way BB implemented the event and the post event feedback was rubbish.

This time BB ask us to reach 100% with no idea what 100% is. Its just another huge resource sink to take resources out of the game without explaining the rules. Its like asking me to run a race without telling me how fast to run or how far to run - its a little unfair in my opinion.

Needless to say, I will do some of the stuff for the fun of it but I am not expecting the same effort as last time in pulling together to achieve an unknown goal!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Confirmation of what 100% is would be great. It cant be 1 balloon per active player as we would already be 100% from the hundreds of players who have already donated hundreds of balloons. BB can you confirm the amount per player to reach 100% this way I can say ok I have done my 100% and I am now hitting 200%, 300% etc etc.

No surprise German servers are already leading.

As fishslice has said its not nice running a race without knowing the distance of the course.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Call me a pessimist PChamps but last time (eotw event) I personally donated over 500k of weapons to others as will as actively participating. I think many people lied about how many adventures they did as the result didn't tally with comments.

If I knew what 100% meant I would be more inclined to actively support.....

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    no server will get 100% if first 11 hours are indication.. 2.29 % for top server = 20% after four days.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    And who are the top servers, well slap me with a haddock and call me Jim, it's those oldest servers again.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree fishslice. What is 100%? After 24 hours, Sandycove is on 1%, and I know many players on chat are doing their best. What is 100%?

A display that said how many balloons to go would be very helpful.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    ah, its now 12 hours
    and if sandy cove does same for 4 more days.. they will have 8 % more or so..

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with the OP. I'm going to do some of it, just to experience it, but I'm not going to throw away my resources for an uncertain goal that depends on the whole server doing the same. I don't know where the fun in SvS is supposed to come from?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The first four days of the event are for qualification. Each server has to reach a certain number of gathered balloons in this time. If the server does not manage to reach this amount, it will be taken out of the competion, which starts after the qualifying round.

Read the event window. We don't need to reach 100% this round!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    The first four days of the event are for qualification. Each server has to reach a certain number of gathered balloons in this time. If the server does not manage to reach this amount, it will be taken out of the competion, which starts after the qualifying round.

Read the event window. We don't need to reach 100% this round!
    THE FIRST PHASE OF THE EVENTKey facts related to the first phase of the event:

The first phase will last approx. 4 days.
    This period can be used not only to learn how to get balloons, but also to win rewards.
    Each game world has the same task: reach 100% as soon as possible.
    The faster your game world reaches 100%, the more rewards you get.
    It will be possible to track the current progress through a button below the avatar interface.
    During the first phase of the event, each game world fights alone for its rewards.
    Rewards for the first phase: Gems and Hired Troops. The amount of these rewards will depend on the performance of your game world (how fast it reaches 100%).
    The first phase is needed to make sure the script responsible for calculating results is working properly and to make sure the competition is well balanced.

Important: After your game world reaches 100% during the first phase, the ability to hand out balloons to your game world will be temporarily disabled. Furthermore, it will not be possible to get new balloons (exception: quest rewards). Donating and receiving new balloons will be activated again once the second phase of the event starts.

I am pretty sure we do from reading the above. I have even put where it says 100% in bold in case you did not read it.

Closed Thread