Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Newfoundland GO!

World
    Newfoundland
    I am going away for 3 days on Friday, I would like to have my prov house working while I am away, so if anyone wants to send me stuff to convert, it will be much appreciated, I need a 96 hr queue in my prov house as it stands right now, But I only have a 16hr one.

please guys n gals, send me your stuff, I need to convert it!

I will be bale to log in daily to keep my account active, but that is all I will be able to do. I don't want my prov house sitting idle!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello everyone!

We are through the first few days of the event and things seem to be looking GOOD!
    Main thing now is to keep the momentum going and, if possible, increase it either by boosting our productions and/or get some more people to join in every day in mass producing balloons!

As such myself and Nedrakus decided to share a few more tips that you may or may not be aware off.
    Here they go:

TIP1
    If you overproduce water during bed time (produce more than you can store), you can PAUSE some water wells to save materials and construction time the next day. Don't pause exactly the right number of wells for what you produce, as it’s likely some of them will exhaust overnight anyway.

TIP2
    If you have large areas of wells without a storehouse nearby (as large as half a zone), you may want to BUILD a level 1 to 3 STOREHOUSE in the MIDDLE of them to reduce travel times, and increase productivity.

TIP3
    Don't forget to EMPTY your storehouse before bedtime, for all those goods you are producing in high quantities and likely to cap before next time you log in.

TIP4
    If you have too many goods stored, waiting to be transformed into water, you can simply ASK AROUND NOW for someone’s idle Provision House instead of leaving it for the moment...

TIP5
    The easiest way to locate those exhausted well on an island full of them, is to ZOOM OUT, then go to the build menu and select a well, you should easily see the free locations in bright green!

TIP6
    If you can, overproduce more than just water. But which goods are the most efficient you may ask? Here’s the list, with a few tips for each one:
    WATER (4 water to 1 balloon conversion rate)
    COAL (4 to 1)
    HARDWOOD LOGS (2 hwl to 1 balloon conversion rate)
    MEAT (2 to 1)
    COPPER ORE – for those with upgraded geologists and Fast Copper Mines (4 to 1)

COAL TIPS
    - Pause whatever buildings that consume Coal if possible.
    - Boost your coal production by buffing Recyling Manufactories and Coking Plants and/or Coal Mines.
    - Coal Mines produce Coal twice as fast – but they cost materials to build so plan what’s the best strategy for you.
    - Consider levelling up Recyclings and Cokings up to level 3 or 4 to boost production (ask around for materials to do this if you need them) – don’t forget you will need to be producing enough Pinewood Logs for this also...
    -

HARDWOOD LOGS TIPS
    - If possible pause the Hardwood Sawmills so you easily build HWL stock.
    - Buff Hardwood Cutters to increase production.
    - Consider levelling up Cutters up to level 3 or 4 to boost production (ask around for materials to do this if you need them) – don’t forget you may need to level up Hardwood Forresters as well...

MEAT TIPS
    - If possible pause Butchers so you build up your Meat stock faster.
    - Use Sandwiches to buff instead of Baskets whenever possible.
    - Buff Hunters/Deerstalker Huts if you can, level them up if you can.
    - Do not forget to make plenty of Deer Poo so that your deposits never run out!

COPPER ORE TIPS (fast mines only)
    - If your search did not bring a fast mine, build and destroy in sequence and search again, until you find a fast mine on that deposit.
    - Consider levelling up your mines to level 2 and/or keeping them buffed.
    - If mine is going to run out shortly after logging off, consider demolishing it now and build a new one so you can build up resources more.

ONE LAST TIP:
    Since we probably cannot buff everything, the best thing to do generally is to buff those buildings that are at higher levels in our islands (for these 5 goods presented).
    So, if your cokings are higher level than your Hunters – buff the cokings instead. If you have a HW Cutter that is higher than another and you can only buff one, buff the higher one.

And, as always, if you have doubts or need anything, ask around in your guild or your friends and someone will help you out.

Let’s keep it up people! We’re getting closer and closer to those 600 gems!!

We just gotta give it 200%!!!

Happy Settlering!
    Nim.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well done everyone!
    We are now 10th place in the rankings!
    Do I hear a 9th coming?!!

Happy Settlering!
    nim.
    Last edited by Nimurian; 15.07.13 at 19:53.

Reply to Thread