Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Euro English Servers should be reclassified in the Event Rankings

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Euro English Servers should be reclassified in the Event Rankings

Why are the Euro English servers renamed UK 1, 2 and 3 and given the Union flag? This is causing a large amount of confusion. We are the Euro English servers and should have names Euro 1, 2 and 3 and the Euro flag as per the regional choice. We are having to explain to people that we are classified as UK servers, when this is not the case. It's one of the most frequent questions in chat regarding the Event Rankings. Please could this be changed or thought about for the international phase of the event.

World
    Newfoundland
    The "Euro" servers are now UK servers. Most other European countries have their own servers now. We are no longer the dumping ground for those without a home. I'm sure this change will offend some people, but I can think of an equal amount that are offended by being classified under the Euro flag.

Bonus points for calling it the Union flag though. Thumbs up.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Being honest it hardly takes a rocket scientist to make the link from EU English to UK. Plus all it takes is a quick hover over the browser tab to find if a player is realm 1, 2, or 3 and simple deduction will rule out say German or US servers.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    Being honest it hardly takes a rocket scientist to make the link from EU English to UK. Plus all it takes is a quick hover over the browser tab to find if a player is realm 1, 2, or 3 and simple deduction will rule out say German or US servers.
    Yeah, wish that was the case.

Apparently lots of people haven't made the connection. It's not that important and maybe the info will filter through eventually.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Why should people have had to make the connection. There should have been an announcement informing us of the fact. This is also making people ask about the non-english channels. The question has to be asked are we now partway along the pathway to becoming a UK dedicated server or will we remain the catchall server that we have been up to now. If the later maybe the UN flag would be more appropriate.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Why should people have had to make the connection.
    Seriously? You're complaining that the game made you do some thinking?
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes I am complaining, if they have changed the ID of the server without telling people how are we supposed to inform any friends which we invite to the game about which server to join. This is information BB should have given out, not left for the players to discover for themselves.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm also complaining and set up the thread mainly because it is a question that is getting asked by people that haven't thought, or might be a bit confused.

It is easy for the Germans to see which server they are - we have a few more problems. Are we still Euro English, as the flag and stuff seem to suggest, or are we UK?

We seem to be Euro English Realm 3 Sandycove UK 3, with at least two flags to our name.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello!

Newfoundland, Northisle and Sandycove are now UK servers not EU English. The change should not effect friend invites since our website URL (http://www.thesettlersonline.com) and server names remain exactly the same as before .

As far as I know the only difference is the flags being switched on the leader board.

Enjoy!
    Sinister-King

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Hello!

Newfoundland, Northisle and Sandycove are now UK servers not EU English. The change should not effect friend invites since our website URL (http://www.thesettlersonline.com) and server names remain exactly the same as before .

As far as I know the only difference is the flags being switched on the leader board.

Enjoy!
    Sinister-King
    Right, well could this be updated through out the forum and the homepage etc. Many people are confused. On the browser tab we are now Sandycove Realm 3.

Reply to Thread