Reply to Thread

Thread: Event - Server leader board

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland

Event - Server leader board

I think there should be a leaderboard for each server for which players have donated most balloons, with maybe a seperate prize for the top 3. Its all good and well offering for a server as a whole but there will be very big differences from certain players and I do not think its fair that players will get rewards for other players doing all the hard work.

People like leaderboards also if I knew I could see all on my server who were donating it would make me try that bit harder to beat them. At the moment it is just blind donating

And let the criticism begin...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do like this idea... I like competitions and have a bad competitive streak, but it's sort of hard competing when you do not know what you are competing against. I understand that there could be difficulties in deciding how... ie will it be weighted by what level you are etc

I understand some people might not want it, and they can voice their opinion, too. I love it, though I'd probably not be bothered about getting a top 3 slot and a prize, but I'd be up for going in a head to head race with my friends

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Even if it was just for fun Bluefairy and no prize I think it would be good I like competition and it would make me try harder than just knowing I am against other servers. As it stands it appears what I do makes not the slightest bit of difference where as a player leader board would let you see your difference.

I think there would have to be level catergorys. A level 20 against 50 would obviously not be fair.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I could see some people harassing others for not donating...almost that way now. and they do not know who is or is not donating.
    Last edited by DocAckersonCO1; 29.06.13 at 14:30. Reason: added sentence

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Does not need to show all users just top 10 or 20.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Does not need to show all users just top 10 or 20.
    That means it is likely to be the players at level 50 in bigger guilds. Unless you make it the percentage of resources donated, which would mean a level 1 player gets a higher percentage for donating a small number of balloons. Leaderboards are great, but it's not just the size of your donation that counts....

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just break it into level catergorys like BB does with certain events. (i.e. 15-25, 26-35, 36-45, 45-50)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Just break it into level catergorys like BB does with certain events. (i.e. 15-25, 26-35, 36-45, 45-50)
    That would work.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    GREAT idea for future events +1

Reply to Thread