Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sainsburys vouchers

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Sainsburys vouchers

Hi, I see on the website,the part where you can enter voucher codes,they are advertising that one can buy TSO gift cards at Sainsburys. has anyone actually seen or bought them? I've looked in my local Sainsburys and they haven't got them or heard about them.
    Thanks
    Jonno

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had this problem back in my days with another online game. My local Sainsburys hadn't heard of them either, but about 6 months later, the gift cards were there. All I can suggest is that you keep looking at the stand that has them in your store, and wait for it to appear.

World
    Newfoundland
    I went to 2 yesterday, neither of these had heard/had them either.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    They have them in my local store but only in £10 values.
    I bought one but haven't used it - may be a good guild prize for something or I may just wait for a 100% sale

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    It could just be a case of them taking a while to filter through to all their stores. Let's face it, they have many stores across the UK. :-)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    One question I have on these vouchers, they are very vague and so is the information on the website. I get that the amounts are in £10 etc but nowhere I can see does it say how many gems that corresponds to, nor whether you get a bonus during gem happy hour. Who can answer this question?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    One question I have on these vouchers, they are very vague and so is the information on the website. I get that the amounts are in £10 etc but nowhere I can see does it say how many gems that corresponds to, nor whether you get a bonus during gem happy hour. Who can answer this question?
    Well, it will be a fixed amount, so happy hour won't come into it.
    Expect the amount of gems to be around about what you'd get for a tenner via the shop, or a bit less.

I'm waiting for the Waitrose ones, bound to include some premium items.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    With all due respect, do you say this from factual knowledge or just opinion? I don't see why BB is not saying that £10=X gems. It's expecting people to pay real money with no answer as to what exactly they are getting for their money. The currency amounts on the cards aren't going to fluctuate so why could they not put on the cards how many gems you're getting? BB must answer this question before I buy one. I buy all my gems during happy hour, I see these as being useful for guild prizes etc for players that don't buy gems but need building licences etc.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have been trying to find one, if I can I will let you know. However I would also be surprised if the happy hour affects a voucher code. Normally they will state on them the amount of gems the code will redeem. A comparison to the happy hour would be a sale in the shop where they sell for £5 rather than £10.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    If they aren't affected by the happy hour I would be mad. Basically the one I have is not a voucher that says £10 for XXXX gems. It is a voucher for £10 credit. The way I see it therefore is it should provide whatever gems are provided by a £10 credit at the point in time it is redeemed. If its a 20% bonus or 100% happy hour then I would expect the same return from the card.
    The only detail it provides is - This card may only be used to obtain the Games virtual currency........
    I may have to go try it now, expect an update soon.

OK I have used the £10 voucher and all I can say is....

BE WARNED DO NOT BUY ANY SAINSBURYS VOUCHERS AS BB WILL CREDIT YOU WITH LESS GEMS THAN ARE RECEIVED FOR BUYING A £9.99 GEM PACK AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIEVE ANY BONUS VALUES

Basically I would expect to receive the same value of gems from a voucher code as from the shop. The normal text on the website says

You can purchase game cards with codes from the retailer above. These cards come with an unmistakeable The Settlers Online design and can be purchased for different amounts, e.g. 10 GBP in the UK. All you have to do is enter the code included with each card into the submission field on the website and click on “Redeem Voucher”. Within a few seconds, we will credit the corresponding amount of gems to your The Settlers Online account.

Having just redeemed a £10 voucher card I received 1,700 gems. This is the equivalent of a £10 SMS message and less than the £10 SMS message currently offered with the 20% bonus which gives 2,040 gems.

I would have at least expected the same deal as the £9.99 pack which is 1,990 gems normally and 2,500 gems with the current 20% bonus.

All in all a rip-off and definitely not clearly explained on either the card or the website. In my opinion BB owe me 800 gems, I wonder what support will say.

Come on BB get your act together and stop providing your paying customers with rubbish information.
    Last edited by fishslice; 01.07.13 at 17:42. Reason: Updated with purchase information.

Reply to Thread