Playing the Sharman adventure, I wasn't sure if we were being shown a solution for the ` no space on my island' problem with all these new science buildings coming through, or if it was so obvious that it has been overlooked by the BB devs. Demolishing some mountains could create the space without the need for a major change to the island configuration.
Designating some of the areas of rocks which could be flattened would create more building space, and creating a character ( Mountain men ) that could do it, could create more options either through the development of existing characters at certain levels, or a new character purchased through resources or even Gems, as would the speed of his work, ( I wouldn't expect him to demolish a mountain in a click as in Sharman, but he could do a lot of damage in say a week if supplied with some of Aunt Irma's best and some fine brew ) The use of powder and saltpeter for explosive production might even give some use for those production buildings
It could also take the game in a new direction with further characters, save the mountain protesters, and now we have paper and pens...the dreaded red tape official, plenty of GC needed to keep him sweet
Anyway just a thought that occurred whilst blowing up all those balloons, where my settlers got the ability to produce all that helium is beyond me, although I'm suspicious that they may have substituted methane from the stables....no naked flames please.