Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide] Old Ruins (event) Veteran - No Cannons, incl Soldier and LB version:

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

[Guide] Old Ruins (event) Veteran - No Cannons, incl Soldier and LB version:

Max losses (with E and XB):
    204 Recruits, 20 Soldiers or;
    140 Recruits, 29 Melitia, 20 Soldiers.

Graphic improvements by Melic.
    Credits: Inputs from Melic, Chemick and SmogDude.

Overview:

Note: The 2 [1R] Blocks that appear below are ridiculously tight, that's why I deliberatly have placed
    the veteran right behind blocking General even though it's strictly speaking 1 flag, this makes up for the 2,7-3 seconds you spend
    sending off your Vet.

Even so there's hardly any time to spare, so be as fast as you can, and be prepared to withdraw your Vet if it gets intercepted.!

If you want to not just deal with the fuss you can kill Camp 2 straight out with the following settings:
    [42R 130E+] or [43R 130S+], the Guide assumes you'll block however.

I'm not going to put anything in where you have to click stuff, because I assume you can do it.
    If you have problems chant "Yes We Can" a few times and try again.

This Guide contain some few suggestions if you don't have a Veteran, but it's not a complete no vet guide.

First sector attack map1.

First kill Camp 1 and wait for your vet to return, then send General A and B right after each other.

Camp 1: {60Sc 60St}
    Vet:
    [12R 1E/S 237C]
    Any:
    [18R 1E 181C]
    [19R 1S 180C] (Soldier)

Camp 2: {60Sc 70d} (Block)
    [1R]

Camp 3: {60Sc 50Ra}
    Vet:
    [11R 1E/S 238C]
    Any:
    [17R 1E/S 182C]

For Alternative Double Block Check out SmogDude's excellent suggestion in the comment section.

First sector attack map2:

Send General A and B right after each other.

Camp 2: {60Sc 70d} (Block)
    [1R] (due to suggestions in comment section this is no longer recommended instead use one of the two options listed below)
    [12S 90C] (block) (you can put your Vet 1 flagback for this option, it eliminates the small risk of you getting caught if you send off an attack too fast)
    [15E 69C] (block) (you can put your Vet 1 flagback for this option, it eliminates the small risk of you getting caught if you send off an attack too fast)

Camp 4: {60Ra 1Bert}
    Any:
    [84C+ 79XB+]
    [84C 116LB] (Longbow version)
    [100C 150XB] (Vopi's Overkill Version - requiers Vet)

Second sector attack map.

3 x {Wall.}
    [1R+]

Camp 5:{100W 1Croaker}
    Vet:
    [5R 1E/S 244XB]
    [5R 1S 1B 243LB] (Longbow)
    Any:
    [5R 1E/S 194LB/XB]

Third Sector attack map 1.

Camp 8: {1Witch 80FD} (Should probably be camp 7 but I messed up when I made the overview map so we're sticking to that!)
    Vet:
    [55R 20S 1E 150C 24XB]
    [55R 21S 150C 24XB] (Soldier)
    [110R 20S 100C 20LB] (Longbow)
    Any:
    1:[150R 50C] 2:[65R 1S 1E 75C 58XB]
    1:[150R 50C] 2:[65R 2S 75C 58XB] (Soldier)
    1:[120R 80C] 2:[30R 4S 42C 124LB] (Longbow)

Last sector attack map 2. (option 1)

Attack with General A, then wait for General A to move 2 flags and attack with General B (Vet)
    Due to visual issues (general being covered by tree), General A actually moved 3 flags on the picture, but that's ok too, this isn't a tight block.

Camp 7: {80Cu 1Witch} (Block)
    [85E] (min 200sec)
    [80S 120C] (min 160Sec)

Camp 9: {1NS}
    Vet:
    [119R 131S] (80 sec)
    [118R 132E] (80 sec)
    [55R 29M 166S/E] (70 sec).
    BHG/Reaper/other fast 200G:
    [200S] (80 sec)
    [53S 147E] (80 sec)
    [40M 160S] (80 sec)
    [60M 13S 127E] (80 sec)

Sinse there's decent time for the block with a Vet here's a different version of the last fight.
    You'll reach the leader a bit later, but you can send generals right after each other rather than muck about with
    having to look at how far General A got.

Last sector attack map 2. (option 2)

Send Generals A, and then B right after.
    [85E] (min 200 sec)
    [93S] (min 200 sec
    [80S 120C] (min 160 sec)

Vet:
    [119R 131S] (80 sec)
    [118R 132E] (80 sec)
    [55R 29M 166S/E] (70 sec).
    BHG/Reaper/other fast 200G:
    [200S] (80 sec)
    [53S 147E] (80 sec)
    [40M 160S] (80 sec)
    [60M 13S 127E] (80 sec)

Please post your unconstructive critism below.

UPDATE: Alternative Ending, not directors cut.

Note: There's an option to block both camp 7 and 8 while attacking camp 9 but it requiers you to kill Camp 6 first,
    I don't have the screen shoots to show you how to position your camps either, also it comes with a 0.1% risk of the block failing.

It does however Requiers Elite soldiers.

I'll post the garrison setups up for that, but as I've said no pictures so you have to figure it out for yourself (It's fairly easy to figure out if you just count the flags).

1 step:
    Camp 6.

2 step the double block:
    [85E] (min 200sec)
    [80S 120C] (min 160Sec)

Camp 8: {1Witch 80FD} (Block)
    [102E 98C] (120 sec (really a 0.1% of 100 second in which case you're screwed unless you have cannons)

Vet:
    [119R 131S] (80 sec) (risky, but should still work)
    [118R 132E] (80 sec) (risky, but should still work)
    [55R 29M 166S/E] (70 sec). (Recommended) Including walking this will take just about 100 seconds
    Last edited by Vopicus; 06.07.13 at 18:54.

World
    Northisle
    Thank you very much this great guide !

1R blocks are tight but if you pay attention to the delay between gens they do work.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

If you have a fast general, you may want to try that block.

In addition to the troops listed in the Leader kill, add one each of every unit you have. For example, you may send 1R 1M 1S 84C+ 1B 1LB 79XB+, which (I think) ensures a one-round demolition. If you have Cannoneers 84C+ 79XB+ 1K does the trick.

(I myself have not done the block, but the person who originally posted the diagram obviously has.)

EDIT: For the final block, since you have about 90 seconds of spare time, you may use the second option for BHG or Vet.

I believe the block can be done with normal generals, but you would have about 10 seconds of spare time. I certainly know blocks with less spare time, and anyways it is only about a 0.2% chance for the fight on Camp 7 to last 200 seconds, so you may want to try it with a normal general.
    Last edited by SmogDude; 04.07.13 at 03:21.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmogDude View Post

In addition to the troops listed in the Leader kill, add one each of every unit you have. For example, you may send 1R 1M 1S 84C+ 1B 1LB 79XB+, which (I think) ensures a one-round demolition. If you have Cannoneers 84C+ 79XB+ 1K does the trick.

(I myself have not done the block, but the person who originally posted the diagram obviously has.)

EDIT: For the final block, since you have about 90 seconds of spare time, you may use the second option for BHG or Vet.

I believe the block can be done with normal generals, but you would have about 10 seconds of spare time. I certainly know blocks with less spare time, and anyways it is only about a 0.2% chance for the fight on Camp 7 to last 200 seconds, so you may want to try it with a normal general.

Just tried this block with 56S from camp 1. Wasn't more then 1-2 seconds away from that block not working. Would be good to find a better block to last longer

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The second sector my general just ignored the walls and I was able to go straight for croaker. Also I got the acknowledgment for finishing the quest by attacking the walls.

World
    Sandycove
    Heres my guide
    (the blocks are kind of difficult to achieve ... heider way here it goes)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw_7...it?usp=sharing

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    @SmogDude

Seems like a very nice suggestion, though I would probably not risk it unless I had Elite Soldiers, as 2 seconds seems to be a too tight block.

I edited in the recommendation for the block as an alternative to 1R when hitting camp 4, because there should be plenty of time that way, I know it only saves 1R but it also prevents a general from dieing ant a heck of a lot of trouble worrying about getting the block just right.)

Also I noticed you had a possible block with Es for the camp with witch and Firedancers, It does have a risk of failure, but that risk is about 0.1%

It however requiers that camp 6 is killed, and I don't have print screens for that.

My guide in general suffers from being a bit amateurish as it's only the second public guide I made (shaman being the first), and I made it up as I went along.

@oiLvAcciNe.
    I can't load your guide.
    Last edited by Vopicus; 06.07.13 at 19:00.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I can CONFIRM that the block works.. you will have to send the generals right after each other.. i litterly mean right after.. no delays allowed.. when i took out the leadercamp the first camp were 2 bars away from finishing the fight.. on top of this i followed the advice and had following setup on my Vet..
    1R 1m 2S. 90C 1B 1LG 154XB

Quote Originally Posted by SmogDude View Post

Reply to Thread