Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Phase 2 of the 20th Anniversary Event

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Ideas for Phase 2 of the 20th Anniversary Event

I'm going to list a few ideas / options that I've noted down for the event. Many of them people will know and be using, possibly a couple might be new and some are already filtering through the network of Sandycove. If we want to win this event and become very smug, it might be worth considering:

Summary of ways to get balloons - copied from the Event Window Information

- Loot from adventures.

- Rewards from quests (special daily quests and special quest chains)

- Converting resources into balloons in your provision house.

- Playing the game: trading, constructing buildings, upgrading buildings, treasure hunts, buffs and many more.

Making Balloons

- Build wells to make water and convert it into balloons.

- Make basic resources that don't require another resource to manufacture: stone, copper, coal, iron ore, marble, gold ore (expensive so only if you are doing a gold chain and have refills), water, wheat, meat, fish.

- Switch off some of the secondary production that might get in the way.

- There are fish deposits all around the island. Fish the ones that you haven't used, possibly with level 1 fishermen.

- Catch mines before they deplete to get 25% of the level 1 build resources back.

- Fill up your provision house queue with balloon conversions etc.

- Pass spare resources for conversion to others with spare provision house capacity.

- Upgrade provision house, storage and basic resource buildings to higher levels if possible.

- Consider saving balloons up to your storage capacity and donating those amounts.

Communication

- Pass voucher codes on via mail, whisper, guild chat, etc.

- We have been given Global-4 for event chat. To get there type the command: /j global-4

- Consider using the /ignoreadd username option for players that are not doing the event, instead of spending time discussing why they should.

- Read the forums and watch chat to keep up to date.

- If you have other non ingame ways of contacting other players, they are good. Guild forums and other sorts of messaging.

- Spy on other forums and see if they have any other good ideas.

General Game and Event

- The rankings list is not updated in real time. It is updated 'every now and then'.

- The game lags more when it is busy. Use refresh page and clear cache if you are having problems.

- Voucher codes are time limited - some might have expired by the time you enter them. There are no codes on weekends - Mon - Fri only.

- There isn't a 'balloon donation' score. If you want to keep track of your donations: screenshot or copy / paste as you go along.

- It isn't about what you achieve as a player, but the server as a whole: the server has to achieve certain percentages.

Guilds

- Guilds with spare capacity might like to consider inviting new players for the event.

- If you can afford to make a guild house, consider making a 15 member guild.

- Friend players from other guilds to provide a network of easy direct swapping resources outside the Trade Office.

- Might be worth guild leaders finding out when guild members are usually online.

Working Together

- Is it worth supporting all three UK servers so that we have the satisfaction of seeing at least one of them at the top of the rankings list?

- If servers have to work together, it might be worth experienced players creating a new account on the partner server to level up and make balloons. Every little helps.

And Finally

Enjoy the Event and don't get too sick of balloons.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 30.06.13 at 17:43.

World
    Sandycove
    Nice one sto_helit, linking to this post in guild message. Let's see if we can reach 200% before everyone else.

Might I suggest that you group the list somewhat. (for example into the three categories: "What can my island do", "Where can I find information" and "What more can I do")

Also, if you want to be sure your balloon count in phase 2, don't start producing them before the 2nd phase starts. However nothing stops you from producing massive amounts of resources to be used for this purpose.
    Last edited by Fexno; 30.06.13 at 10:08.

World
    Sandycove
    myself and haggarth have been working on a mail also he is sending it to all guild leaders in sandycove

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    As much as I would like to see newfoundland win I think as long as any UK server beats the Germans I would have some form of satisfaction. Good luck to all

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Nice one sto_helit, linking to this post in guild message. Let's see if we can reach 200% before everyone else.

Might I suggest that you group the list somewhat. (for example into the three categories: "What can my island do", "Where can I find information" and "What more can I do")

Also, if you want to be sure your balloon count in phase 2, don't start producing them before the 2nd phase starts. However nothing stops you from producing massive amounts of resources to be used for this purpose.

Thank you for the suggestion about tidying up my list. I literally just typed it out this morning, probably before I'd had a coffee, so it was very much 'as is'. It's a bit more organised now, although the subject headings could do with some work.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Is it worth supporting all three UK servers so that we have the satisfaction of seeing at least one of them at the top of the rankings list?

Nice idea. How would it work ?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Hopefully other people might answer too, but these thoughts occurred:

1. We can have an account on each UK server if we wish....

2. Pass information between the servers via the forum - ideas, new strategies, things that didn't work and should be avoided.

3. Use the forum pm system to contact specific players from the other two servers.

4. Cheer the other servers on as part of Team UK. (Okay, yes Team UK plus any other worlds that we might get pooled with, but the idea is there).

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    myself and haggarth have been working on a mail also he is sending it to all guild leaders in sandycove
    More than 50 guild leaders were informed for coperation in phase 2 of the event....

At least 6 of 'em allready responced that they allready had informed their memeber for givving everything in the next phase...

I personnaly think, that we do have hopes if we all give our best!!!
    At the end.... everything is going to be OK...
    If it's not OK... it's not yet the end...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    Good - cause I was thinking of doing that, but no point duplicating work. If you need some help with it....

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think that we should be donating balloons as we go along rather than saving big lumps of them... means that they count quicker. After all, it IS a race.

Reply to Thread