Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Phase 2 has started.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stecker78 View Post
    Guys, why all this complaining? You don't know what will happen with the results of phase one when it comes to the result calculation for phase two, so neither you can judge if it's fair or not.
    They promised us fair competition

How can newer game worlds compete with older ones?
    We heard your feedback from the End of the World event, some game worlds will collaborate together in order to achieve a common goal and win rewards. Rest assured that cooperation will be limited only to results, game worlds will not be directly connected in any other way.

The amount of balloons required depends on the economic output of your server. The leader board will take into account the economic output of each server; relative to its amount of active players. This should guarantee a fair competition, no matter how old or young game worlds are.

after 14 hours http://prntscr.com/1d80ol
    this is fair?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Lol, Most corrupt competition ever, thank god I joined after eotw so I didn't have to witness that farce! Notice how all the German's are paired with "More German's". Wonder who they want to win?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    This competition is definitely not a fair competition. They don't seem to take this competition very seriously.

And to dangle us the "bonus" prizes for whoever gets there the fastest is just no cool. Not cool at all.

The US server .net had no news on the front page for a very long time.

We had no warning of the maintenance timeframe. We had no heads up on when Phase 2 would start. We wake up in the morning and not have a clue until we ended up checking the .com server news page.

The pairing match up of the servers/realms really are so far off.

I don't know whats going on with BB. but this is not a fair competition.

It's bad enough that Phase 2 started when 90% of the US folks were asleep.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    They promised us fair competition

How can newer game worlds compete with older ones?
    We heard your feedback from the End of the World event, some game worlds will collaborate together in order to achieve a common goal and win rewards. Rest assured that cooperation will be limited only to results, game worlds will not be directly connected in any other way.

The amount of balloons required depends on the economic output of your server. The leader board will take into account the economic output of each server; relative to its amount of active players. This should guarantee a fair competition, no matter how old or young game worlds are.

after 14 hours http://prntscr.com/1d80ol
    this is fair?
    An excellent reminder, thank you. Someone at BB should have those words you have quoted read back to them and then shown the absurd results that their server combinations have come up with. Sadly, the only thing that is "guaranteed" for a BB event, is that something will be badly wrong with it! LOL Let's not forget though, we can at least still get to 200% and get rewards. The "fair competition" thing may be a total joke, but at least there's something to get out of this.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Based in Düsseldorf, Germany, BB developed a balancing system to ensure a fair race/event, giving all servers, even new ones, a fair chance at winning.
    Kind of odd how All 14 German servers are in the top 10 after just half a day...

This is not to mention the appalling pairing of servers lower down the board.
    Surely, with correct balancing, everyone should be within a few percent of each other.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Well, NorthIsle server managed to stay up for 16 hours before a maintenance...

Design an event that asks all the players to click a few hundred extra times per day (convert resource, transfer from star menu, donate from stores many, many times over), extra calls to the server per player, increased lag and server load ... Go figure

Edit:
    Apparently not lag based. Seems they left last weeks code in - running double scheduled maintenance nights... d'oh.
    Last edited by Tripi; 03.07.13 at 00:02.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why there is no info about maintenance on the main page ????

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Probably servers crashing from the event load...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    Based in Düsseldorf, Germany, BB developed a balancing system to ensure a fair race/event, giving all servers, even new ones, a fair chance at winning.
    Kind of odd how All 14 German servers are in the top 10 after just half a day...

This is not to mention the appalling pairing of servers lower down the board.
    Surely, with correct balancing, everyone should be within a few percent of each other.

Couldn't agree more - totally biased ... again!

Not only that but starting phase 2 at a time that is more convenient for the EU players means that those in -ve UTC timezones (i.e. US) are most probably asleep & don't stand a chance ... obvious by their position at the time your screenshot was taken.

& as for pairing the 2 US servers together???? Jeez, who came up with that bright idea?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    As far as the grudge against BB guys... relax. They are a company and need profit. That's all there is to it. Do you really think they'll let a big chunk of their consumers, especially those with a history of paying and paying well, will be let down? Note, this is not me ranting against BB, just stating a fact: they are a company and seek profit, that's all there is to it.

There are a few things that boggle the mind though.

Why make a distinct category for those that reach certain % first and another for more balloons gathered overall? If there's an incentive to profit for something, do you really think that the first ones to beat the first criteria will stop making balloons? They have all the motivation to keep making balloons till they're bored out of their gourds. Of course the same people will win in both categories. So... why make an artificial difference when, in practice, it will yield the same result? If it happens differently I'll gladly come back here and retract the criticism, but I don't find it likely.

The accounting method. Well, I'd love to see units produced, rather than a percentile that I have no idea what it means. Give it to us straight: how many million balloons are needed to get to each step in that scale? Percent of... what exactly? What number? Were it given to us in that way it would be awesome: not only could we calculate our output ratio in meaningful terms (2k balloons/h is just superfluous, it doesn't tell me anything about my performance since I have no idea what the final goal is in the first place) but we could know our very own individual contribution to the community as a whole; we would only need to organize a way of doing that, perhaps through the forum itself.

The way things were made reminds of Sisyphus, eternally condemned to roll a rock over a mountain only to reach the top and have the rock fall down all the way to the starting point. Like him, we can "see" the top (the mythical "100%, 150%, 200%"). Unlike him we do not have a rock but these immense buckets of water/pinewood logs, etc, and no way to objectively measure the distance.

Reply to Thread