- Russia 1, Russia 2, Russia 3
    - The Netherlands 1; Romania 1; Poland 5
    - UK 2, Czech Republic 1
    - UK 3, UK 1
    - USA 1, USA 2

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    How come we get paired with the Czech's? Northisle were the worst of the 3 UK servers to get to 100% and the Czech's were worse than us!!
    An absolute farce!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    How can you say Northisle were the worst, the phase one ranking table was bugged. So much so that we don't know where individual servers ended up.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    All 3 UK servers reached the 100% target in phase 1. Newfoundland were 1st, Northisle 2nd and Sandycove were 3rd.

The Czech server, when we had all reached that 100% was on roughly 66% as shown below

So, Newfoundland (100%) got paired with Sandycove (100%)
    NorthIsle (100%) got paired with Czech (66%)

See the imbalance?
    The current rankings also reflect this. How could BB spend so long on the balancing and pairing explanation and implementation and get it so obviously wrong?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yay my picture

And for a timestamp, screenshot was take at 30/06/2013 at 10:44 GMT

From there u see 3 german servers was slower than us. After pairing they are faster than us. So guess the pairing worked. The slow german server got a better chance, and then screw the rest. Nice job BB, once again u mange to screw up a simple task.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Very well balanced competition good work BB!!!

World
    Northisle
    Well, I've heard Czechs don't like to waste water, since they are known for producing good "Brew", so we must be patient until they produce it first.
    A barge of balloons filled with high quality liquid is being sent to BB headquarters as we speak... have faith guys I bet they will appreciate it and reconsider our joint effort

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Superbly well balanced, presuming they wanted to ensure All 14 German servers moved up into the top 10...

Yes, I could understand a difference of a couple of percent between leading and trailing servers (after balancing)... The figures speak for themselves though.
    I guess if I stop converting resources to balloons and let others do the rest of the work so I can share any reward, nobody will complain about that either.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    It is obvious that servers have been combined based on things other than what BB said they would be. They claimed it would be based on economic output, but does anyone believe that when you end up with 3 Russian servers together, 12 German servers paired, 4 Polish servers paired and so on. It has been done on a language and geographic basis, not economic. Incompetence or lies? I usually side with incompetence when it comes to these things, but who knows?

World
    Northisle
    UK servers due to language predispositions are gathering players of other nations as well, thus this can lead to lowered obligation to work for common cause.
    Even if there was a test of server productivity, there is a lot of variables to predict further balancing and this few days test only drained us all out of the resources, which i believe was better stashed in star menu on the servers from the top.
    This event is based on passive user input as putting resources to provision house queue or simply donating and only proves that either UK servers have petty economy or too many players don't care about the event at all.
    I only wish we had some more statistics about "per user progress" like total players on the server, total players donating balloons, avg donation per player, etc. It would show us where did those % came from.
    Previous event showed us that German and Polish servers are better organized anyways so instead of moaning about bad event management lets start to knock on our guild member doors and ask them do they really understand what is going on and do they care...
    Balancing doesn't mean all teams will have same score, but all team will have same environment to achieve it, but heck forcing players to get involved is impossible.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 03.07.13 at 01:08.

Reply to Thread