Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Security update regarding your Ubisoft account -

World
    Sandycove
    Yep my google account got hacked.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Unfortunately, the change password process is very broken, until UBI get their act together and take note of the problems there, it's very unlikely you'll be able to change it.
    Site keeps claiming that cookies are disabled, when they are not, getting stuck in loops, and some of those that appeared to be successful now cannot login with either the 'new' or old passwords.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I don't understand. Anno online (also ubisoft) had the kindness to prompt with an ingame message..

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Unfortunately, the change password process is very broken, until UBI get their act together and take note of the problems there, it's very unlikely you'll be able to change it.
    Site keeps claiming that cookies are disabled, when they are not, getting stuck in loops, and some of those that appeared to be successful now cannot login with either the 'new' or old passwords.
    This seems to work now Nogbad (a little late)....I changed all 3 of mine easily this morning.

Had tried and failed since the announcement.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did receive email about servers being hacked and need to change password. The email had links it suggested I click to change my password. To be honest I had no clue about authenticity of the email at first. Only fishing scammers are sending emails with links to pages to input your email and password in. It is utter stupidity and utter foolishness to click those links. So I did not click in the email anything.

I did log in onto https tso page, using ssl connection like always. From there I changed my password. Twice even I did so, just to be sure. I received even emails from settlers-online, that I did indeed change my password TWICE. I was thinking, issue fixed. I was wrong.

Today I log in into anno-online and settlers-online with my spanking fresh password and what is happening... _AFTER_ I log in, I am instantly being hammered by named "Ubisoft" popup fishing for my account details and various confirmations. Hey, I just logged in, so why this fishy page is asking me dumbly for my email address? Right? The only way to skip this annoyance is to open new winder and https into game again. Now logged in ofc. Then close the fishy "Ubisoft" page. Highly annoying, so I wrote support they have server hacked open and popup fishing for email and password shows up _AFTER_ I logged in.

So my question is: How many times I need to change my password? And why changing password do not remove the strange fishing account detail popup named "Ubisoft"?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still a weird thing that after I change my password I get after a successful log in a weird Ubisoft page fishing for my email. Strange! Don't Blue Byte already have my email? What I need Ubisoft email fisher for? To change my password like 10th gazillion time? Didn't I log in with my email address already? I would believe BB already has my email address, right?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Logging in with my new password has been trouble free so far, for both TSO & Anno-online.....However,in TSO I still have all those mails we received back in March/April sent by Ubisoft that they were changing the login system.

I can't delete them and contacted support to ask them to do it....I was told they can't as they were sent by Ubisoft...not BB.

Coupled to the information in this topic http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...664-Happy-hour it just proves to me that BB/Ubisoft aren't fit to run games servers.

I'm off but I know I won't be missed by BB as I had already stopped spending real money because of the way they behave

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wasn't explained why this pwd change was needed, only that it was needed.

I assume Ubisoft once again messed something up and their servers got hacked, or something. And they don't want to admit it too openly.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB openly announced that their password database had been compromised, that is why you've been prompted to reset your password.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Indeed. So I changed my password. Then I changed again. Just to be sure. I never used any links in any of my emails. For security reasons a big no no no. Just usual https with ssl to the game server and changed in there.

Why then I am after every successful login harassed with Ubisoft page inquiring me to tell them my email? Does it make sense? I logged in. They already have my email. Right?

To me it looks like Ubisoft is fishing my account details! I wrote ticket already to support about this fishing Ubisoft page. Ubisoft wants my email, then they better ask politely BB for it

Reply to Thread