Reply to Thread

Thread: English Chat Channel for the Czech Server during the Birthday Event

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

English Chat Channel for the Czech Server during the Birthday Event

I would like to request an English / International chat channel on the Czech server for the Birthday Event.

Some people from Northisle have created accounts on the Czech server in order to make balloons. Obviously they should be speaking Czech in the main chat channels over there, but it is going to be difficult to set up foreign language guilds in the time the event is running. Is it possible to have a Global-4 channel (or other number) for International Event English-only event chat?

The other option that non-Czech speaking players do have is to use Whisper and Mail, but Northisle and the Czech Republic are at a disadvantage compared to other groupings where only one main language is used.

In the spirit of fairness to all, I would also request temporary language channels for all multi-language server groupings;

UK 2 and Czech Republic 1

Czech channel for UK 2
    UK channel for Czech Republic 1

Greece 1; Mexico 1; Spain 1; Italy 1; Brasil 1

Mexico channel, Spain channel, Italy channel and Brasil channel for Greece 1
    Greece channel, Spain channel, Italy channel and Brasil channel for Mexico 1
    Greece channel, Mexico channel, Italy channel and Brasil channel for Spain 1
    Greece channel, Mexico channel, Spain channel and Brasil channel for Italy 1
    Greece channel, Mexico channel, Spain channel and Italy channel for Brasil 1

The Netherlands 1; Romania 1; Poland 5

Romania channel and Poland channel for The Netherlands 1
    The Netherlands channel and Poland channel for Romania 1
    The Netherlands channel and Romania channel for Poland 5

From my point of view, these groupings seem to have the additional disadvantage of language barriers to overcome in order to work together.

Oh, and by the way, if you think I'm being partisan; my main game account is on Sandycove UK 3 and I'm playing the Czech server to help Northisle out a bit.

World
    Newfoundland
    Wouldn't that be one of the silliest things to do? Doesn't the % take into account active players? Starting a new account that's lower level would just increase the 100% mark and make it harder for the target to be reached?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Wouldn't that be one of the silliest things to do? Doesn't the % take into account active players? Starting a new account that's lower level would just increase the 100% mark and make it harder for the target to be reached?
    No idea about that, and I do mean players being active on the servers. If that is case, shouldn't we discourage all new players for the next three weeks so that we don't increase the requirements for 100%? If that is the case, then I can certainly be discouraging in global chat about new players starting, however I would think that it would not go down well if I did. That would count out anyone under a certain level and make them feel unwanted in the game. The Event is for players of all levels, from 1 - 50. We all count.

If we don't all count for the Event, then maybe we should just leave it to level 50 players to battle it out amongst themselves.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 03.07.13 at 16:13.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Very kind of u sto_Helit to help our server out, but because of the pairings many from northisle have already given up on this event. Its clear now that all UK servers could've been grouped together and the Czech's thrown in with the Dutch or something.

Very unfair to us (Northisle) as all UK servers reached 100% in the 1st phase within an hr of each other.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Very kind of u sto_Helit to help our server out, but because of the pairings many from northisle have already given up on this event. Its clear now that all UK servers could've been grouped together and the Czech's thrown in with the Dutch or something.

Very unfair to us (Northisle) as all UK servers reached 100% in the 1st phase within an hr of each other.
    Sad to hear that, but I'm having fun donating balloons all over the place. Northisle too. Maybe not many, maybe not to win, but because I like balloons.

I'm also sorry that some people seem to think that this is the silliest idea that they have ever heard. I wonder if the Germans are creating new accounts on their partner servers to help each other out? Maybe that is one of the reasons why they are at the top of the leaderboard.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 03.07.13 at 19:27.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    this is a great suggestion... and if like the mod said making new account will increase 100% mark then th whole calculation of the 100% ratio for different servers have been done wrong from the start.

We need to be able to talk to the czech's server for sure... how do you pair and not comunicate???

and please let us know how much balloons is needed per 1% .. this HAS to be a simple number known to BB.. even if different per server. tell us what UK 2 is please.

regards..
    Last edited by MerlinXII; 04.07.13 at 09:17. Reason: fixing typo's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I am now retracting my suggestion to make new accounts on other servers, in deference to the feelings of other player who consider that this will actually dilute the contributions rather than be helpful. I have no idea how the Event balloons are calculated and I am pretty sure other people don't either. However, I do not wish to act against the interests of our servers. I had an idea about how to increase balloon donations and to get people to work together, but this now seems like a bad idea. I am sorry if this has upset our chances of moving up the leaderboard - that was not my intention.

I trust that my apology is taken in the spirit that it is meant - I did this out of the best of intentions.

Reply to Thread