Reply to Thread

Thread: list the top 10 balloon donors per server?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

list the top 10 balloon donors per server?

first of these events have a fun side,
    but not everyone is as motivated as the German and Polish servers that clearly stand a chance.
    so how about a side motivation. something for us to bet on or just a little bragging rights for a day.

List the top 10 donating players (per server/team).

*optional:
    first gets 0.001% of the balloons in gems or a set amount in gems
    2nd gets 0.0001%
    3rd gets 0.00001%

^no need for that but would like to see a little competition that's doable on the server or team itself. instead of having to carry all the players that are selling/buying goods on to for 10-50 times the normal value. stuff that should be converted into balloons.

World
    Newfoundland
    I agree that top donors should be well rewarded, but I also think that every participating player should be rewarded somehow. The reward should be related to the average number of balloons donated per player on your server (perhaps taking your player level into account), so e.g. for being in the top 10% you'd get X, being on the top 20% you'd get Y etc. At the moment these server vs. server competitions are boring and unrewarding. I don't personally like the idea of wasting 50% of my resources to have a minuscule chance for being rewarded, only if the other players have participated to the competition as well. The motivation drop is even greater when the rewards aren't even remotely worth the stuff you have to spend pursuing for them.

This would work better inside guilds, where you can communicate with each other and set certain goals (and also be sure that you are not participating alone).

Btw. it would be very interesting if BB published detailed statistics of this competition after it has ended. I'd love to see how many active players actually donated anything, or if they did, how many balloons in average. Also (social sciences warning, don't read further if you get easily offended) it would be great to see if the old stereotypical motivation patterns have reflexes in online gaming: "Sí, sí, mañana, mañana" vs. "HALT! Nicht produziert Luftballons verboten!"
    Last edited by Herr_Pannenkoek; 09.07.13 at 10:55.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I like your ideas. I was thinking of something for each Host similar to the new Guild Quest list showing who has done the the quest. A similar list during events for the Host showing who has donated what.....

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    List the top 10 donating players (per server/team).

*optional:
    first gets 0.001% of the balloons in gems or a set amount in gems
    2nd gets 0.0001%
    3rd gets 0.00001%

^no need for that but would like to see a little competition that's doable on the server or team itself. instead of having to carry all the players that are selling/buying goods on to for 10-50 times the normal value. stuff that should be converted into balloons.
    How about top 10 balloon donors per level group? Otherwise it is likely to be only level 50 players that get mentioned. 1-13 (below well-making level), 14-23, 24-33, 34-43 and 43-50, for example.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The idea is great but people can contribute to the ballooning by making water and other things to convert. The winners are going to be people with level 5 {H and resources to buy rabbit buffs.
    Whilst their contribution is critical we can only reach the higher goals with much more input from lower levels. That is why the unbuffed water production prize is great/

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavona View Post
    The idea is great but people can contribute to the ballooning by making water and other things to convert. The winners are going to be people with level 5 {H and resources to buy rabbit buffs.
    Whilst their contribution is critical we can only reach the higher goals with much more input from lower levels. That is why the unbuffed water production prize is great/
    Yep i agree on my island i don't make a lot of water i trade it in as well as other resources to make balloons, i'm level 50 with full island but my PH and barracks are still only level 4 as still have other stuff to upgrade 1st. and yes my PH been working 24/7 with constant bunny buffs on it

here's the link for them interested in the competition.
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ous-competiton

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavona View Post
    I've got a few ideas about improving input at lower levels (which includes me, by the way) - have a look at this: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post231158

Reply to Thread