Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is all the granite?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Where is all the granite?

Seems to be none in the TO and have none from adventure's. I personally have 130ish, and buying it with gems is stupid due to the 1000 gems for 900 granite...

Dose anyone have a store full of granite?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    getting granite from adv's and searches.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    This has been going on for a while now hence the elevated price of granite in trade office!
    Lately I have worked out that the original percentages for most of the adventures with a 50/50 ratio for granite/logs is way off.
    Since recently I only ever played pirates or ml because they had the best predicted granite drops from any adventure! Im lev 41 so cant play epic yet.
    With the help of other players Ive managed to gain enough info to give an average percentage for these adv now.

Island of the pirates - 75% logs, 25% granite
    Motherly Love - 37% logs, 12.5% granite, 6.25% salt/tit ore

These have clearly been changed from their original average percentages, maybe for the upcoming science system? maybe jus to make ppl buy gems to get extra granite. who knows!
    I also have many quick scouts and the percentage of granite drops from treasure hunts are also very low compared to logs, gold ore, salt, titan ore etc, this makes sense though as the science upgrades for scouts will possibly have specific resource upgrades (like find only granite from treasure search).
    For a time I just assumed it was down to rotten luck but after making more friends and hearing of their current plights it was clear that all granite drop for most had become slightly scarce. It was also brought to my attention that this was happening to the majority of ppl who had jus passed lev 40 or thereabouts. Once your at lev 40 and above granite is needed for nearly every high upgrade so whether this has been manipulated to slow players down, who knows!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Given the nature of pseudo-random number generators it's impossible for a single player or small group of players to take a accurate sample. Yes you read that right pseudo-random, true randomness from a computer is only something you will see inside a well funded lab.

The drop rates represent an idealized percentage, various factors will prevent it hitting those numbers, one of those factors is "it's a different server". Unless you know the tick time for BB's generator it's not even possible to say over what period of time you need to take samples to be in a position of being able to say the odds are wrong.

Reply to Thread