Reply to Thread

Thread: Lending out geologs, explorer and building slots

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Lending out geologs, explorer and building slots

It could be nice if it was possible to lend out a working force (assuming build slot is actually just a construction team with a number of tasks to do). If eg. a friend have been on holiday and have a massive upgrade to do (lots of fields, wells, mines etc.) it could be nice if it was possible to lend him your ressources for a limited time.

The adventure system could be used:
    1) click a ressource icon.
    2) select a number of ressources (eg. 3 geologs, 3 build slot 2 explorers) you want to lend out
    3) Send them to a friend (like the general in adventures).

if friend accepts within same timelimit as pr an adventure, 1 gems/ressource will be deducted pr 5 hour the ressources are used, incl. the travel time from island to island (1 hour pr way). Max of 48 hours can be used and the one lending out the ressource naturally cannot use them while they are away (so if he lends out his build slots, he can't build anything untill they return). It will be possible for the one borrowing the ressources to return them before the 48 hours, but 1 gem pr ressource pr beginning of a 5 hours period will be paied (to BB). Any payment between friends can be done "privately" by normal trade (e.g. 10 gold/ressource for a fish).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The game would have to be completely re coded to allow this, I don't even want to think about how much lag it would introduce. Like generals your friend would not actually have control, you would. There is nothing to prevent you bringing them back before the allotted time period has expired, this idea would be a god send to scam artists.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    ahh no. I said you could reuse some of the things used when sending generals, not all of it.... Of cause I don't know if you are a programmer on the game, and I don't know the structure/archtecture of BB SW, but I can't see it should be that impossible.

Furthermore: I cannot see how this would increase lag at all. If you lend out your ressource, the ones at your own is set to zero, ie you can not use them (just as if you have send out your geologist or have used all build slots (handle already available)). Your friend will then have from 6 to 9 build slots to utilize (which is already possible with up to 6, so : Handle is already available) and then your friend have full control for the duration or untill he send them home.... in principle they should be able to run in parallel, but that was not the idea I had, and _that_ would make it more complicated, but ... just having 3 more buildslots will make things much easier when rebuilding.... and of cause it shouldn't be possible for the lender to call them back before time.

I don't know what you mean with scam artist, but if it is people that send their ressources for "fun" ... then I don't see the problem .. if someone complain, it should be easy to track the person and 1) give warning, and if that don't stop them: 2) kill their account.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    But it shouldn't be a major issue if we could build say 1 or 2 farms/wells in a friends map while visiting, even perhaps use your upgraded geologist to search something for em. Limit it to around 4 items/person/day (receiving and giving) in order to prevent abuse. The nature of friends helping out friends might help retain more people/interest which should benefit devs in long run.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenL View Post
    It could be nice if it was possible to lend out a working force (assuming build slot is actually just a construction team with a number of tasks to do). If eg. a friend have been on holiday and have a massive upgrade to do (lots of fields, wells, mines etc.) it could be nice if it was possible to lend him your ressources for a limited time.
    You can lend a friend resources for a limited time to do upgrades - just do it via the existing direct trade system. Send the friend trades of resources for 1 fish, and then the friend can send them back later on. It doesn't need any coding, just possibly a 'contract' via mail to say what you are sending and when you would expect the repayment.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him to fish and he will eat for life. Every guild in game has players who willingly donate to the new guy, unfortunately some come to believe living on donations is a divine right. The current system we have with it's informal checks and balances works well, I'm just concerned that by coding the means to do more we are removing the new players incentive to do it themselves. The changes that have been implemented to the quest system this last 6 months demand that lower level players do have a good island infrastructure in place before leveling up, it's no longer a case of clearing your island of bandit camps asap. When I cleared my sector 9 which puts you at level 31-32 it could be done with about a population limit of around 500. With the current quest system at level 26 you need to be looking at about 2000 population to ensure that daily or guild quests can be completed.

Reply to Thread