Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A PLEA to BB regarding the 20th Anniversary Event

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Looks like they have listened (checkout the leader board)... or maybe its another bug

World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Please READ this thread BB. It seems important for all servers ;)

I am supporting this issue as well. As Battlegirl says, it seems like there is some sort of problem, like in early phase 1.
    Of course its so hard for us players to figure out on how we have to approach this event, when we dont know any amounts of balloons to donate, which way rankings are affected and so on.
    It is a struggle to find out if our effort is actually enough and many are working their butt off and get Repeated Strain Injuries from all that clickety-click-click-click. (An automatic move from PH to storage would have been such a nice feature. Consider donating 250k balloons daily and be forced to add 250 - 1000 at a time)

And to quote Rieux1972
    I am sure that there is already some weighting in play, but maybe it could be tweaked a little!
    But looking from the bright side ; I have been level 50 for so long, waiting for more serious content for "older"/endgame players, its perhaps one of the few things keeping me in the game.

So BB, please do have a look at this issue and do try respond. No response is so frustrating. All MODs can say is "Post in forum", cant bother support, as its not in ingame problem as such, so what are we to do to get heard and answered.?

Namaste
    If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad can it be.?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi all,

I agree with BattleGirl and reckon that a tweak-ity tweak here and there would be marvellous. Angus, your concept on direct balloon increase from ph to mayor's is grand.

However, I must add that it is a game and I enjoy it,.. BB, love the graphics!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I do agree also !!!

It does kinda look that other servers (as the german ones) got a step ahead of all all the time... I do not believe that they are more active then us and having the same strugling as we have in this server...

I looks like it every single event that it is harder for us and the others as it is for the german ones.... (as much as i like the german people though, yeah, you can cal me a nazi or a nsb, but i do like the people there)

Just make the game more equal fur us as in the end, we still have to pay more for the gems etc as the germans, so i should be our right to give us a stup ahead... and not them...

In the end al i wanna say, give us some chance to also get the goal of 200% (as it looks like even the 100% isnt able for us...)

Cheers, Loefie

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    BB

Lets get real here, the younger servers will never catch up with the mature ones, as the young servers grow so do the mature ones.......

If you want to do these type of events - then you need to make sure you apply good weighting algorithms to "even things up" but that will mean you may agitate your home markets, but are you prepared to do that??

World
    Northisle
    Yes the server pairing are totally unfair and always skewed to favour the bigger older servers. Yet another fix!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    It would have been a bit easier if we had a few concrete targets for this event, rather than a nebulous 100%, 150% and 200%. And maybe some idea of how much other 'game actions' counted towards balloons.

Obviously we can see the conversion ratios of resources to balloons, we know what rewards the event adventures and quests give and we can work out what balloons we may get in lootspots. However, if we knew that 5 upgrades / successful trades / successful buffs / other game actions would give us 1 balloon, for example, it might be easier to feel motivated.

This is the same with more concrete figures for sever targets rather than a race to a hard-to-calculate 100%. If we had rewards for reaching targets of 100,000,000 balloons, 200,000,000 balloons and 300,000,000 balloons, for example, then we could see where we were. It could also combine personal and server targets. Give rewards for each individual that hits certain donation targets and rewards for everyone if the server hits certain donation targets. If everything is worked out in level groups as has happened with other events (higher level players get harder quest chains to do), that might help too.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I am grateful for the event but seems again not greatly thought out beforehand
    I have only 1 question they need to answer please explain "BB how is this event fair when it is same as last one... out of balance towards your home servers"
    I understand alot of servers have higher and better players but how is it balanced and fair when it is obvious and nowhere near balanced.
    We still try and and push but we know the outcome every time so please just answer us or give an OPT out option before we start and stop wasting our time with unbalanced fights

World
    Northisle
    I have to agree with this post as I was devastated when I see how they grouped the teams, we were told at the start that we all would be teamed up for an equal chance to win. Just looking at the teams from day one, I knew this was so unequal and probably done for political reasons meaning it was done to make the most money. Then the site went on to prove the favouritism with the x3 gems for you know who and I think that was the final straw for me and many others to swear we would never buy any more gems. If more people on the less favoured severs stop buying gems we will either be treated worse, which I can’t believe is possible or BB will somehow turn our anger around and recalculate the teams. I finally want to add, what BB expect from the newer servers to give is far more than the top established servers as most of our people don’t have a large stock of resources or a large storage.

I'm one very unhappy Settler and I know many others feel the same way.

I would like to see the first phase result totals to be published for all to see.
    Last edited by MissSuzzyUK; 09.07.13 at 21:55.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    These events are and will always be unfair. BB should stop trying to do them as they will only upset a majority of your customers.

Putting small pop servers with the high pop servers and you think that is calling it fair?

It's a free ride for the small pop server because the high pop will carry them. Look at that german server 12 or 15 or whatever. being carried by server 2 or 3.

This entire event is a shame.

They need to stop creating "competition" out of it. By this- I mean stop rewarding the "fastest and most" prizes.

Call it a "Completion Event". not a "Competition Event". There is no competition here that would make it fair.

Completion event would be just everybody trying to reach 200%

It would be better to do server based competition only amongst the players for whoever donates the most. Since this competition is designed where anything can be used. Like water balloons- new players have a really good chance to do this as they can cover their island with wells- so long as they keep the provision house topped off and flowing, they can reasonably compete. Since most high level players are out of space on their island they can't spam wells all over. So they must use other resources.

This to me is a bit more balanced than a whoever has the most active players competition.

Reply to Thread