Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enough of these rumours BB Tell the players where we stand with the celebration event

World
    Sandycove

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    lol told you they wouldn't tell you :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I have a cunning plan and oh bother my galaxy phone wont run amiga software, back to evil plotting.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I think this is the best explanation of what the percentages actually mean - it's taken from the German Forum and BB_Pandur's explanation in the following post:

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...l=1#post874976

I'm only posting the sentence that actually pertains to the percentages, as my translation tool let me down with the rest of the explanation,

"The percentages are approximate values ​​- only expressed in percent. 200% stands for gold, 150% stands for silver and 100% stands for bronze."

Now, if that is the case, why did they not use Gold, Silver and Bronze? At least it would have been less controversial.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    I think this is the best explanation of what the percentages actually mean - it's taken from the German Forum and BB_Pandur's explanation in the following post:

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...l=1#post874976

I'm only posting the sentence that actually pertains to the percentages, as my translation tool let me down with the rest of the explanation,

"The percentages are approximate values ​​- only expressed in percent. 200% stands for gold, 150% stands for silver and 100% stands for bronze."

Now, if that is the case, why did they not use Gold, Silver and Bronze? At least it would have been less controversial.
    But then you would have people asking " where is the silver? I can't find any on my island and my explorers never find it on a search, and the drop rate on adventures is really poor"
    Someone within the design team knows what the % figures really mean, I can't see why an assurance that the rate above 100% hasn't changed can not be given if players have this concern, and maybe are leaving the event simply because of rumour or mistrust. If we are not being told, because it has been made more difficult, then IMO they have made a serious misjudgement, and many players will feel they have been mislead as to the requirements of the event. If keeping quiet is there way of ducking the issue then they will never be able to get constructive feedback in order to both keep their current players happy, and improve the game for the future, something they keep saying they want.
    Had they comeback with a simple clarification as I asked last week, I am positive that, even with the issue with the rankings table over the weekend many players would still be in the event that may have seemingly lost interest. ( The very fact that many on these servers did not donate during the period the table was down, despite the official line that all donations were being counted, speaks volumes in how deep this mistrust is at the moment )After all every one that seems to think that the prizes after 100% are not worth the effort. However, IF the difficulty has not changed, then I would like to point out that we are doubling the gem rewards for each of the 50% targets for the same effort that we have already put in to reach 100%, or to put it another way, we would get 5x more gems for the next 100% than we did for the first 100%. We've seen we can do it within the time frame so I'm slightly puzzled why players who have clearly got the ability are prepared to settle for a fifth of gems available, unless they mistrust BB so much because of their lack of transparency in these events. BB therefore need to learn to be more forthcoming with relevant information if and when players ask for it.

World
    Newfoundland
    I believe the reason for the slow down is that once you reach 100%, the counter is effectively 'reset' meaning that 150% is the same amount of balloons again, plus half.

So if 100% is 1000000 (which we know it's not, but let's go with it for the sake of argument) then to reach 150% we would have to donate a further 1500000.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    But then you would have people asking " where is the silver? I can't find any on my island and my explorers never find it on a search, and the drop rate on adventures is really poor"
    Yes, I can see Bronze, Silver and Gold targets being a bit difficult, since only two of them are resources. Slightly better than 100%, 150% and 200%, but still could do with improvement. Obviously targets would need names that don't have some in-game confusion (so no gems or diamonds, wood, copper, etc). Other ideas with a three-tier ranking could be:

1. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
    2. Top 20, Top 10, Top 5.
    3. Novice, Improver, Expert.

I can't think of anything better for now, but it shows that there are more options than using percentages....

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    Yes, I can see Bronze, Silver and Gold targets being a bit difficult, since only two of them are resources. Slightly better than 100%, 150% and 200%, but still could do with improvement. Obviously targets would need names that don't have some in-game confusion (so no gems or diamonds, wood, copper, etc). Other ideas with a three-tier ranking could be:

1. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
    2. Top 20, Top 10, Top 5.
    3. Novice, Improver, Expert.

I can't think of anything better for now, but it shows that there are more options than using percentages....
    How about just 'Target 1', 'Target 2' and Target 3'? Anything would have been better than the clearly misleading percentages.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    But the fundamental problem of a hidden target would remain. I don't see the point of this little argument: the lack of transparency has dogged this event from the start and painting an opaque wall a different colour doesn't change that...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    But the fundamental problem of a hidden target would remain. I don't see the point of this little argument: the lack of transparency has dogged this event from the start and painting an opaque wall a different colour doesn't change that...

I agree Gerontius, what these events need is not an obscure target, but one that is there in black and white for all to see from the off. It has to be achievable by the majority of players in a realistic time frame, and the challenge should be matched by the rewards ( although there is another thread on this ). This thread is more of a insight into how competent BB are at handling these events when problems become highlighted by the players....so far its not looking good . If the contributors stray a little off topic while we await my request at least it bumps the thread, at least they can't say they missed it

p.s. The sceptical, conspiring dark side of me has been whispering that they want a safe margin between the bottom German servers and our servers before the information is forthcoming Naughty dark side

Reply to Thread