Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Epic Raids and more!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    thanx Peck_ed thats the correct place for me.. found a few small things on test server that needs a look.

thanx for all the good work.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Does this also mean I can finnaly empty my questbook?

I had loads of quest there ready to finish, but with xp rewards I kept them in my questbbook for later use, so for the new levels over 50 (wich arent comming anymore).

There is 1 small thing that makes me not so happy about all this.....earler BB stated that it had no use to keep your XP once you where over level 50. Iff I am correct BB said that they where gonna destroy all XP mails to avoid people could have a head-start when those new levels (at that time still been promised) would hit the game.
    So most lvl 50 players stopped doing adventures, or just did a Pirates for some granite now and then, and simply sold or saved all there adventures cause they had no value at that moment.
    And now you tell us that those XP arent lost at all....Iff I had known that before...I would have kept doing my adventures.....

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    What i would love to see is something where we can clear things form out islands like stones and bushes to give us more building space its a shame that so many players get to 50 and really have no where left to go also there seems to be a lot of redundant accounts you know players who have stopped playing is there a way for those to be removed form the server to clear up server space the lag we are experiencing is horrendous

Guild Leader [THFC]

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Wow! Great work BB... and thanks for the challenge's.. In response to bluefairy... I love using elites for adventures they save lots of settlers as they are higher hitpoints and they do more damage! lol.... Love the xp idea with the star coins.. HURRAH!!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Fantastic news BB, thank you!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is great to see the development team moving forward to implement change.

If I may choose my words carefully. The game is currently excluding some players, vis;
    • Players locked out of their account
    • Players who have had their island reset to level 1 following a bug
    • Players who like me feel that there has not been sufficient reassurance from BB regarding the issues above.

I am sure many of you will feel that this thread is no the place to raise these sort of issues. I'll pro-actively defend my decision to digress as wholly appropriate as the new code that will bring in the planned changes may bring with it more bugs.

Not only do I welcome the changes planned, I have in the past been vocal about calling for such. However, if they come with a caveat from BB in regard to bugs I am left to conclude I'd sooner not see them.

If there is a risk of bugs and that risk is not being diminished by the way that BB deal with players then, for me, it's not a risk I would want BB to take.

I'm sure I sound somewhat pompous and trite. That's not my intention. I would merely like to state the obvious which is there needs to be some response in regard to "player resets".

With over 30 years experience in issues involving risk management I have yet to see the majority of people speak and be heard before the potential risk becomes reality. At the moment of reality the number of managers and told you so's seems to increase exponentially.

It would be a shame if BB and the playing community are carried away on feelings of euphoria for the intended changes, if those changes are going to be the next players "reset".

Currently all the risk is being borne by the playing community and I would like to see that change.

Best
    Nutters :-)

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttymut View Post
    It is great to see the development team moving forward to implement change.

If I may choose my words carefully. The game is currently excluding some players, vis;
    • Players locked out of their account
    • Players who have had their island reset to level 1 following a bug
    • Players who like me feel that there has not been sufficient reassurance from BB regarding the issues above.

I am sure many of you will feel that this thread is no the place to raise these sort of issues. I'll pro-actively defend my decision to digress as wholly appropriate as the new code that will bring in the planned changes may bring with it more bugs.

Not only do I welcome the changes planned, I have in the past been vocal about calling for such. However, if they come with a caveat from BB in regard to bugs I am left to conclude I'd sooner not see them.

If there is a risk of bugs and that risk is not being diminished by the way that BB deal with players then, for me, it's not a risk I would want BB to take.

I'm sure I sound somewhat pompous and trite. That's not my intention. I would merely like to state the obvious which is there needs to be some response in regard to "player resets".

With over 30 years experience in issues involving risk management I have yet to see the majority of people speak and be heard before the potential risk becomes reality. At the moment of reality the number of managers and told you so's seems to increase exponentially.

It would be a shame if BB and the playing community are carried away on feelings of euphoria for the intended changes, if those changes are going to be the next players "reset".

Currently all the risk is being borne by the playing community and I would like to see that change.

Best
    Hi Nutters,

I replied in detail to your post in the appropriate thread dealing with this issue.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Enough with the teasing already. Time to release some serious new content! ;-)
    Wake me up when it has arrived :-).

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca View Post
    Hi Nutters,

I replied in detail to your post in the appropriate thread dealing with this issue.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    Hi Alpaca,

You have. I'm sorry I missed your reply. Having read it I am feeling much more at ease with the situation. I'm grateful that you have taken up the playing communities gripes so promptly. And I take on board that you have reassured us all that BB are working to stamp out these pesky little bugs :-)

Again my sincere apologies for missing your reply - that will teach me to read before I write :-) lol

All the very best

World
    Northisle
    This is the best news for many players i think. I am getting somewhat excited over all this new stuff that sounds so cool.
    Certainly nice that endgamers are compensated/ rewarded for our patience.

Cant say that there is much i dont like, as i like most, so i do hope that all is being implemented in due time.

This certainly made me consider staying ingame for quite some time to follow.

+1 for BB so far
    Last edited by Angus_McGregor; 14.07.13 at 02:23. Reason: usual typos
    If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad can it be.?

Reply to Thread