Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Epic Raids and more!

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Good Job BB_Alpaca, BB_Ravel2 and everyone else, This update in combination with the new adventures seems very promising. Just give us something nice to buy with those star coins that is unique (For example nords2, new decoration with population, fishstacker hut)

All This game needs right now is the added optional(keep home safe) pvp with the ability to atk/defend/espionage new islands!!! More for us=More for you!!!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Epic raids/gold tower will only be available to lvl50 players, or to all of us.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'd like to be positive about this but they have just killed off any hope of a level cap increase without any mention and all they have promised in return is extra store items without any detail as to what they may be!

I must be the exception to the rule judging by the responses so far but my island is full with the majority level 5 buildings, I'm at maximum level; how do more store items, no extra levels and no mention of PVP help me continue to enjoy the game?

How many people know that each gold tower needs ten level 5 farms to produce 120 gold coins a day?

How many people have actually looked at/played the new adventures with their massive losses and low reward?

All the parts of the dev diaries that I was looking forward to: PVP, new levels, economic adventures... Cancelled/No mention???

It's great that BB are introducing new content and some are clearly happy with it but by what I have seen so far I don't see this game developing in the best way. Come on BB, prove me wrong!
    Last edited by Baggis; 11.07.13 at 16:46.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by alakama789 View Post
    Epic raids/gold tower will only be available to lvl50 players, or to all of us.
    Hello alakama789,

I believe the magic beans and magic beanstalks can be traded, so in theory I imagine all players can purchase the tower if they gather/buy enough of the necessary resources .

Good luck!
    Sinister-King

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    What i would love to be added for players level 50 is the option to use the star coins to buy square footage to add to their islands there are more and more new buildings coming in so they will surely have to remove buildings to put the new buildings in fair is fair after all and I know i am only level 38 but i do i know a few level 50 players who on more than one occasion have had the dilema of working out that buildings to remove to get new buildings in

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    WOW, the dev diary looks amazing! Both good bug fixes, guild improvements, and lvl50 content, I couldn't ask for more! Of course the "get your island reset to lvl 1" issue is still hanging in the air, but at least BB is really showing that they care with this.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    It sounds really good, I am quite excited even though I am not at lv 50 and Hope it will be as good as it sounds.

Perhaps in practice it takes a little time for all the good sides of the new content to be seen.

BB_Aplaca if you could clarify, does it really take 10 lv 5 farms for the gold tower to produce?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Hello alakama789,

I believe the magic beans and magic beanstalks can be traded, so in theory I imagine all players can purchase the tower if they gather/buy enough of the necessary resources .

Good luck!
    Sinister-King
    The "new" adventures were only available to level 50 players at first on test, then it changed so that they are supposed to be available for lvl 42, as most players on test are level 50 (an in game mail gives you xp/gems/resources), the availability of these adv from lvl 42 has not really been tested.

However - considering that the adventures atm are 1 player, have rather low rewards, need a "serious" amount of troops, much more than what is currently needed for adventures such as Secluded Experiments, Dark Brotherhood, Roaring Bull etc, I'd imagine that if people were willing to play these new adventures at the current loss/reward ratio, then both beans and beanstalks would fetch a very high price in trade.

In their current state these adventures would present a challenge in resource loss for most lvl50 players that have everything upgraded to level 5 (I don't). For those that are interested in reading further - there are plenty of feedback threads on the test server (tsotesting.com)

*edit
    Wanted to post a pic of "expected" troop losses. This will probably change as BB has apparently changed the pathing to allow more options in playing the adv (I somehow think this means blocks) as the previous pathing, placement of camps, generals etc was very restrictive, in addition BB has lowered the strength of some enemy troops. The losses are high, they might get lowered as people play around with block positions and garrison content.

I did this adv twice, both times I had 2x 400 beans in reward/loot

Last edited by BlueFairy; 11.07.13 at 17:27. Reason: adding infor and pic

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Inra View Post
    BB_Aplaca if you could clarify, does it really take 10 lv 5 farms for the gold tower to produce?
    Important: presented values may differ from the final version.
    I guess it'd be hard to tell, as stated in the post, things may change!
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    After the total mess of the faitytale adventures/epic raids, I'm refusing to get excited about these star coins: the developer's views as to what makes a "very useful offer" appear to have no relationship to what the players consider to be a "very useful offer".

For example, both the majestic residence and the gold tower from the fairytale adventures are totally TOTALLY useless, even after they were "balanced" following hugely negative feedback. The majestic residence is just a decoration, identical to the equivalent number of noble residences. The gold tower is just a giant wheat sink requiring, as has already been mentioned in this thead, 10 level 5 farms to keep running! It produces a mere 120 coins a day, unbuffed.

Note, this is AFTER BB received feedback and "balanced" these items. I don't expect any further changes before going live.

There seems to be no motivation from the developers to actually provide anything useful to players. But I'm happy to be surprised...

Oh, and the epic raid adventures themselves are likely to prove about as popular as a huge pile of Secluded Experiments landing on your foot.
    Last edited by Gerontius; 11.07.13 at 17:29.

Reply to Thread