Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Epic Raids and more!

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sk3l370n View Post
    what about xp that comes as a quest reward? i have accepted some after lvl 50 and have 1 completed now. will i get star coins for that xp?
    Hello sk3l370n,

Your experience points will be converted into star coins on the 8th of August, including those that you earned today .

Sinister-King

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sk3l370n View Post
    what about xp that comes as a quest reward? i have accepted some after lvl 50 and have 1 completed now. will i get star coins for that xp?
    At the moment on the Test server Star Coins are given to level 50 players only in place of xp earnt on regular (non-"Epic Raid"/Fairy Tale) Adventures, xp from other Quest Book quests still vanishes. The Dev Diary is rather confusing on this point but it is (apparently) working as planned and there's a thread on it here: forum.tsotesting.com 'no Star Coins received'. If and how the game might separate Adv xp accepted before the live-game update from Quest xp accepted before the live-game update remains unclear, it would be helpful I think if it could be clarified.

All that said, many things in the new content have been changing and some testing feedback really does appear to be getting through as seen in some of today's updates:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_SlasH
    Maintenance July 16th - Done

NEW FEATURES
    • A new general will be available for beanstalks: The Major General which can carry 270 units.

CHANGES
    • Adventure loot-tables have been changed to give additional loot like granite and buffs
    • Adventure-XP will be converted into Star Coins for level 50 players. Epic Raid Adventures will now give Beans instead of Star Coins
    • Gold Tower now requires only 1 wheat instead of 50
    • Increased time-limit for Epic Raid Adventures from 8 days to 12 days
    • Epic Raid Adventures can now be played with up to 2 friends

Original
    If anyone wants to have a go at the new things before they arrive here you can use your regular account info to register/login on: www.tsotesting.com.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 17.07.13 at 03:29.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    No more space on island::introduce landfilling option so we can get rid of all that water

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I'm very happy to read about the NEW FTA 3.0 changes.

Magnificent residence can now hold 500 settlers and it fits a T shape (4nobles size instead of 5).
    Gold Tower now uses only 1 wheat instead of 50.
    And new General 270 !

Now if only they can improve the settlers 2 HQ building population to be 100 or more.

Please post your comments here and rally for the improvement!
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...EDS-a-POP-BUFF

They do actually listen to us if enough people post.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Hello sk3l370n,

Your experience points will be converted into star coins on the 8th of August, including those that you earned today .

Sinister-King
    Thanks for misunderstanding.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    At the moment on the Test server Star Coins are given to level 50 players only in place of xp earnt on regular (non-"Epic Raid"/Fairy Tale) Adventures, xp from other Quest Book quests still vanishes.
    This could probably do with fully clarifying before the feature goes live, otherwise we could be looking at more frustrated and disappointed players.
    This ambiguity between the BB spokespeople really cannot be good for the company image.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Slash
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ll=1#post19596
    Only XP from adventures are counted for, not from the quests! Your quotes seem to be out of context.
    (which clearly states that quest xp will not be converted to star coins) versus

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alpaca
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post230892
    After you reach the highest level in the game, collecting further experience points grants you no advantage. This situation will be changed with the upcoming updates.
    On the date mentioned above, all experience points acquired after reaching level 50 will be automatically converted into Star Coins and added to a player's storage.
    In case you accepted some XP points after reaching level 50, they will be included in the calculation converting the XP into Star Coins as well. No experience points will be lost.
    (which hugely implies that quest xp will be converted to star coins)

The only minor reference to it perhaps only being from adventures is the sole line:
    After the new resource is implemented, all players with level 50 will not be receiving experience points for adventures anymore, they will be getting Star Coins instead.
    which just makes the entire feature description more ambiguous in my opinion.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't play test so am not sure if this is an already existing feature.

The founder of the guild and the guild itself both need to be protected. Inactive or not the guild founder should never be kickable, in a lot of cases the founder has bought a fair few slots with gems and he/she may wish to come back one day. To lead or not is another matter, but whoever is the leaders successor should not be able to disband the guild for the same reason. To me this is a must as I know our guild has cost real money and this investment has to be protected.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    In every other game I've played what a person has invested in a guild has no bearing on what happens if they go inactive. My experience is when a returning and valued player asks for re-entry they are welcomed back with open arms. If they are refused then it's because the current admin (leaders & officers) have a good reason for their refusal. If a player has quit then there is nothing to protect. As for the issue of a guild being disbanded unfortunately the T&C's prevent what is normally done in other games to preserve the guild for valued inactive players. Fortunately this game does not have a auto guild disband if certain criteria are not adhered to such as minimum membership. However the new guild features are not about the above. It's about maintaining a active leadership not the eventual fate of a particular player of guild. In any event as things currently stand investment in a guild does not equate to a rigorous guild, you can obtain the member slots but that does not mean you are even going to have enough members to even get guild quests or even have any members at all.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I am wondering...only 10 days left until Aug 8th... Are you gonna keep everything on schedule this time or is it gonna be one more time like the rest?

What i mean is BB gonna follow through with the dev diary and announce finally that on Aug 8th the new adventures will be implemented or they postpone it until further notice???

Any clarification from BB will be much apreciated as many people are preparing for Aug 8th!!!

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    I am wondering...only 10 days left until Aug 8th... Are you gonna keep everything on schedule this time or is it gonna be one more time like the rest?

What i mean is BB gonna follow through with the dev diary and announce finally that on Aug 8th the new adventures will be implemented or they postpone it until further notice???

Any clarification from BB will be much apreciated as many people are preparing for Aug 8th!!!
    Hello Driller7,

New content specified in the dev diary is still very much scheduled to be released on August 8th, nothing has changed .

Sinister-King

Reply to Thread