Reply to Thread

Thread: Password change denied

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Password change denied

Everytime i log in to this game i get a pop up telling me ubisoft wants me to change my password due to a security issue, if i click ok i get taken to a ubisoft headed page where i am asked to enter my email adress and told an email will be sent to me, this email still has not arrived. If i decide to use the 'forgot password' option underneath the password entry box on settlers log in page, i get an email but when i change my password i can no longer log in to the game and have to re-change my password back to what it was prior to this just so i can access the game. this is not acceptable,

why are ubisoft telling me to change my password but not sending me the email and why can i not just do it manually???? what the hell are you people actually playing at???

yet more bloody issue swith this game, i seriously tired of all this with BB

World
    Sandycove
    I'm afraid that we at the forum can not help you with this problem.

Contact Support here
    They might be able to figure out why you don't receive the email.

I just tried changing my password using this link and it worked fine

I got the following mail:
    For your security, you must choose a new password in order to log into Uplay. To enter your new password, click the link below:
    https://secure.ubi.com/register/ResetPassword.aspx?<stripped out for my own safety >

If the link does not work when you click it, copy and paste the link directly into your browser. If the link appears on several lines, copy and paste each line into your browser on the same line.

Please note that, for your security, this link is valid for 24 hours from the time of your request. Also note that if you requested to change your password multiple times, only the link contained in the most recent email will be valid.

Need additional help? Contact ubi.com Customer Care via the support web site at http://support.ubi.com.

Thank you for using ubi.com.
    After clicking the link in the e-mail and entering my new password (twice) I got the following message.

Thank you!

Your password has been successfully reset.
    Note: For your security, your password will never be emailed to you, and no one from Ubisoft will ever ask you for your password.
    Right after that I could log in with my new password.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Thx Fexno, i am aware the forum cannot actually do a lot with this issue, i am just putting out there for all to see.

I have submitted a ticket to support already and the link you provided is the same link i used and i have entered my email address in, the email has yet to appear

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    all i keep getting when i enter my email address is a page saying my browser cookies are turned off which is just a blatant lie because i have just been through all combinations of cookie aceptance. this is obviously ubisoft being a bunch of incompetent fools yet again!!!!!

i am stuck with a password i cannot change!!! this is not acceptable!!!

World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe try checking on the Ubi forums here

As stated by BB_Dantesama before he left

Additional information can be found here and an official forum thread has been created for you to post your questions.
    Unlikely we can help you, but should you start a thread there instead, they should be able to
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Maybe try checking on the Ubi forums here

As stated by BB_Dantesama before he left

Unlikely we can help you, but should you start a thread there instead, they should be able to

Thank you peck_ed, the link on the ubisoft forum worked first time and i now have a shiny new password much appreciated

Reply to Thread