Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ranking Table Out of Action Again

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    OK the ranking table keeps going down but Why settle for 100 gems?

Lets try to get 600 gems out of BB! PLEASE! Keep making balloons and DONATE THEM!!!!.....

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Bulwark View Post
    OK the ranking table keeps going down but Why settle for 100 gems?

Lets try to get 600 gems out of BB! PLEASE! Keep making balloons and DONATE THEM!!!!.....
    We keep going to the bitter end and aim for those 600 gems! Every last balloon counts. If we win by 1 balloon, we have still won!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Ranking Table is up again!!!!

http://prntscr.com/1fii8x

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

Yet another event that did not work as planned

BB seems to have a way with events. These problems with the score board has made a lot of people stop donating balloon over the weekend and as a result, we have hardly moved any close to 150 %. That in turn has caused quite a few players to just give up and they are now venting their frustration in the chat, making even more players give up. I hope you are happy now BB. Yet another event that you managed to screw up.

[ Post Merged ]
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 15.07.13 at 10:18.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    How often does the table get updated?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanna View Post
    How often does the table get updated?
    Every few hours, probably. Not in real time.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I think this was a failed event from the start! This event replaced the football event from this time last year where u could collect event resources and buy items from the shop (A friary was available! any one remember how many footballs it cost?), anyway with no event shop items on offer here its not appealing to most to make an effort to donate balloons.

They paired weaker servers with others so at the very least every server could make 100% and get the headquarters from settlers 2 as a minimum reward. They (BB) obviously don't worry about inactive accounts, which must amount to at least 20% of each server. (well the 3 euro ones anyway).

I remember not long bk we were given 250 gems and a few other things just for Valentines day! How times have changed!

World
    Sandycove
    As you can see, the ranking button is still disabled for me

For those like me, that are still having problems accessing the rankings, please be patient.
    It's a technical issue that is kinda hard to explain, but I'll try a bit.

We humans use readable names to access stuff (like images) on the internet. The internet translates that to numbers (ip-adress), but to do that it needs a mapping.
    That mapping is not globally in one spot, but exists on every router on the internet, so each request can be handled in an appropriate way. The routers do update there mapping by asking their neighbours if there are updates. If somehow a name should be translated to a different ip adress it will be pushed to a few routers and then it will slowly spread out around the world.

Well this is what happened to the server where the ranking image is stored, and the button is disabled because the image can't be found.

(This explanation isn't 100% accurate, but the explanation is complex enough as it is)

This is not something bb can fix or speed up in anyway, but hopefully it will soon work for all of us again
    Last edited by Fexno; 15.07.13 at 11:45.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    As you can see, the ranking button is still disabled for me

For those like me, that are still having problems accessing the rankings, please be patient.
    It's a technical issue that is kinda hard to explain, but I'll try a bit.

We humans use readable names to access stuff (like images) on the internet. The internet translates that to numbers (ip-adress), but to do that it needs a mapping.
    That mapping is not globally in one spot, but exists on every router on the internet, so each request can be handled in an appropriate way. The routers do update there mapping by asking their neighbours if there are updates. If somehow a name should be translated to a different ip adress it will be pushed to a few routers and then it will slowly spread out around the world.

Well this is what happened to the server where the ranking image is stored, and the button is disabled because the image can't be found.

(This explanation isn't 100% accurate, but the explanation is complex enough as it is)

This is not something bb can fix or speed up in anyway, but hopefully it will soon work for all of us again
    Are you trying to say that one specific DNS-server broke?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    @MutantKid

Yes, I agree, event is very bad. Rewards are terrible and to get them you have to burn incredible huge resources. For example I burned into balloones 20 or 30 thousands of horses, which I do not need and then we got voucher with 250 horses. Big LOL. And 100 gems we get every week for logging so using huge resources to get 100 gems and some building for 50 people is really stupid . Still I burned lot of resources (for example all I had in Star Menu) just because I have seen that some people really wanted to fight with other servers.

@ Fexno

Thank you very much for that info

Reply to Thread