Reply to Thread

Thread: RSS Feed for TSO

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

RSS Feed for TSO

I would like to propose an RSS Feed for The Settlers Online. I feel that this would be useful especially for Events when many people have the same question, and they may have logged in too late to see the latest reply. Many people in global chat and help find that they are therefore replying to the same question every few minutes and it can feel a bit irritating, not to mention looking like spam when the reply is posted time and again.

Example of what the RSS Feed could contain, during the 20th Anniversary Event:

--- No new Voucher Codes at weekends, Mon-Fri only --- Help tab for help questions --- Make and donate balloons --- All trades including buff requests and price checks in Trade tab --- Guild recruitment via the forums or mail a guild leader --- Global-4 for balloon chat --- Welcome to all new players! --- Levels 1-17 are tutorial quests ---

Would people find this useful, and would it be feasible to implement it?

World
    Newfoundland
    Or maybe BlueByte could give us a forum to post all the information on...

oh wait
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Most of what you suggest putting in a feed,are readily available,its far too easy for some to ask such questions in chat and get a ready answer,without the need to use the forum,the place thats here to help all

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    RSS feeds have been effectively replaced by twitter, I doubt the big names in feed reader development will continue with updates and bug fixes for much longer.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_PennyUK View Post
    Most of what you suggest putting in a feed,are readily available,its far too easy for some to ask such questions in chat and get a ready answer,without the need to use the forum,the place thats here to help all
    Yes, so when people ask for the 5th time in two minutes what the voucher code is, it would be nice if they could see it rather than us having to type it again because they logged in after it was last posted. Most of the rest were just random examples of things that could be put in a feed, not intended to be a replacement for the forum. Obviously it would be nice if everyone could read and make the effort to find the forum or even the help chat on occasion. Maybe I should have suggested the following:

--- There are many guides on the forum --- Try reading the quests first --- This is a strategy game, some thinking required --- Voucher codes in the forum thread --

Another option would be to have chat that everyone could scroll back on, instead of it starting when you login. That is available in a lot of games that I have played and it does seem quite bizarre that this one doesn't. I assume that is because it is some sort of IRC chat. However, changing the chat in this way is probably also not feasible.

Never mind - it was only a suggestion based on seeing too much 'voucher code spam' in chat.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 15.07.13 at 20:23.

Reply to Thread