Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide] Short BK - Vet + Cannons - low losses (663r), low xp

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle

[Guide] Short BK - Vet + Cannons - low losses (663r), low xp

The Black Knights
    Veteran with Cannoneers

This Short Version of Black Knights is primarily for adventurous level 50 players who are are not concerned about the experience gained and are brave enough to try some blocks.
    Note: Once StarCoins begin (to replace xp for over 50's) you might prefer to do a full version rather than this short one.

The loot is rather nice for the few troops lost.

I have tested all the blocks numerous times and have simulated all the fights using both settlersonlinetools.com/en/combat_simulator and settlersonlinesimulator.com/dso_kampfsimulator/en
    If you should find an error, please contact me as ' Tripi ' on the NorthIsle Server and let me know.

More detailed instructions of all Garrisons and Blocks can be found further down the page.

Block 1

This first block is the trickiest and is best done before inviting anyone else to the adventure. It is easier than it might look though as there is quite a lot of leeway on the blocks.

Note: The camp positions are based on doing the paired attacks very fast after each other. If, like me, you take a little time with the second attack of each pair you might find it easier to place the camps slightly closer together. Moving camp B one step (half a camp width) nearer to camp A and camp D nearer to camp C (as shown in the additional image) gives that extra time, just make sure the first general of each pair is on his way before the second one leaves his camp.

or

(If this looks too dangerous for you (or if you are getting laggy response from the server) you may like to use the safer Contingency Plan detailed at the base of this guide)

Note: Each pair of attacks ((A and B), (C and D)) should be done quite quickly together to avoid the chance of getting intercepted while passing through the first aggro zone. If you prefer to take a little longer with your attacks you might find it better to move each pair of generals one step (half a camp width) closer together (as detailed above).

The second stage of the attack (1r blocker and Veteran) are launched quite far back from the first two generals. This is partly so the Veteran has even less chance of being intercepted by the second aggro zone (that of Camp 2). The Camp 2 fight should start while the Veteran is still 4 or more pips/flags away from the aggro zone. The block lasts a huge number of rounds whereas the leader fight is short, so there is plenty of time. You could send them even later if you like.

Old Information: Jumping Generals (if implemented on your server): Do not send the second pair (C and D) earlier than advised. Sending the second pair quite late like this makes sure that the first block on camp 1 has concluded before the second 1 recruit general (C) walks into the aggro area. This means he does not scamper forward faster and unexpectedly block earlier than scheduled. The jumping generals feature actually makes this block easier, as long as you send the second pair as late as advised.

If this block goes wrong it is most likely that either the Veteran or Camp 2 blocker general got intercepted while walking past Camp 1. If this happens, retreat all healthy generals immediately.

If you had any problems with that first block you might like to scroll down to the base of the guide and try the Contingency Plan (presuming your Veteran and at least 2 Normal Generals are still alive).
    Some Easy Attacks

You *could* invite looters to join now and slowly clear the North East section while they travel to the island. Personally I prefer to wait until after the next block though.

Once that South East zone is clear we can destroy some easy camps with the Veteran.

Block 2

This next block is a lot easier than the first.

Note: Keep an eye on the generals to make sure the Normal General leaves his camp and is on his way before the Veteran leaves his, especially during peak hours when lag may affect game response.

The Block actually lasts at least 8 rounds as the battle can only result in victory on the 7th round (which would start a countdown timer, thus adding another round).
    Including both victory on the 7th and defeat on the 8th rounds there is still only a 0.5% chance of 8 rounds. With my calculations against the Castle fight, that makes the block very safe.
    Lootspots

Now invite your looters to participate, if you have not done so already.

Block 3

This next (and last) block is the easiest and safest of them all.
    Remember to also load up any spare troops onto any spare generals ready for the journey home.

Note: Keep an eye on the generals to make sure the Normal General leaves his camp and is on his way before the Veteran leaves his, especially during peak hours when lag may affect game response.

The Block actually lasts at least 8 rounds as the battle can only result in victory on the 7th round (which would start a countdown timer, thus adding another round).
    Including both victory on the 7th and defeat on the 8th rounds there is still only a 0.06% chance of 8 rounds on this fight. With my calculations against the Castle fight, which only lasts 2 rounds on this one, that makes this block extremely safe.

As this block is shorter (both in walking distance and leader fight duration) and easier (the camps are nearer the garrisons so there is no need to zoom in too far) than Block 2, I chose to leave this one until last. Looters tend to appreciate that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contingency Plan

This is just an alternative way of taking the South East zone (mostly for if anything went wrong with Block 1).

Note: This approach will require transporting an additional 84R and 11E to the adventure.

Once the initial camp has been destroyed you just need to block 2 camps, walk past with the Veteran and destroy the leader.
    As there is not much room in the landing zone, the first two (blocker) generals are a bit closer together than we would really like. As such, you need to delay slightly after sending the first block, to allow the general to get a bit ahead, before sending the second block. You should be able to see the first general appear from under the trees before sending the next.

It might even be possible to block Camp 0 with something like 34E 139C for 6-11 rounds... Pretty risky though and I have not done the calculations to see if that would work. It might need a guaranteed 1 round attack on the leader camp which would mean sacrificing some militia.

All images hosted by postimage.org - so if they disappear, blame them and not me
    Last edited by Tripi; 15.07.13 at 14:48.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good guide, just like the German one which has slightly less loss as this blocks camp 0 (which never fails in the 50 or so times I have done it)

http://postimg.org/image/e6fdsx5fh/

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Good guide, just like the German one which has slightly less loss as this blocks camp 0 (which never fails in the 50 or so times I have done it)

http://postimg.org/image/e6fdsx5fh/
    Ah cool, I'd not seen that one before. Similar to my contingency route.

Btw, you could increase the block rounds on the L1 camp on that German guide by using 34E 139C (6-11 rounds) rather than the 1R 26E 168C (5-11 rounds) which would make that even safer.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Never had a failed block even with bad lag.

Like you said with the mention of "Starcoins" I myself and probably many others will go back to the long version depending how good the items you can buy with them is.

Reply to Thread