Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition for Northisle - to celebrate the Balloon Event !!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Competition for Northisle - to celebrate the Balloon Event !!

Hello everyone !

In this final week of the balloon event Angus_McGregor, Rieux1972 and Battlegirl bring you a fun competition for all participants. Please see the categories and prizes below. Please post all your entries in this post, naming the category at the top of your reply. If you want to participate in more than one category, please make separate replies. Please use this post ONLY for entries.

RULES/NOTES :
    • Only serious entries will be considered.
    • Where pictures are required, always include date and view from your Island with avatar.
    • Angus, Rieux and BG will make final decisions in conscensus where required.
    • Angus, Rieux and BG are not participating and are excluded from winning any prize.
    • All categories close on July 23rd, end of day UK time. Prizes will be awarded in the days that follow.
    • This is a server player initiative and has nothing to do with BlueByte.

Category 1 - - HIGHEST WATER PRODUCTION FOR MAKING YOUR BALLOONS - -
    Show us your water production at its maximum capacity, however you can get it there !! Take a pic of your water production with the economic overview and post it in this forum topic. The pic must show your island, avatar, and the date. Past production does not count, it begins now and ends on July 23rd.
    Prize : 1 Watermill (donated by Rieux1972)

Category 2 - - MOST VALUABLE PLAYER - -
    Who would you recommend as a MVP in this balloon event (for positive attitude, solid contribution, motivating to others, etc) ? Write a max of 3 lines to explain how this person impressed you. Valid names listed will be entered into a draw. (Please, only one recommendation per person)
    Prize : 1 Friary (donated by Angus_McGregor )

Category 3 - - HELPFUL STRANGERS - -
    Name someone you met during this balloon event who has been great in helping you personally - either by buffing you, by giving you free resources to convert, or any other help related to the Balloon event. Explain briefly (max 3 lines) why they impressed you. Valid names listed will be entered into a draw. (Please, only one recommendation per person)
    Prize : 1 Watermill (donated by Angus_McGregor)

Category 4 - - LATE BLOOMER - -
    You didn't participate much in the event in the start, but along the way you changed your mind and joined in. Write a max of 3 lines about why you had a change of heart, and post a pic of three of your donations (i.e. from server news). The pics must show your island, avatar, and the date. Past production does not count, it begins now and ends on July 23rd.
    Prize : 2k Xbows ; 3k Steel Swords (donated by Battlegirl) AND bonus 1k Xbows and 1k SS (donated by blackjaguar01)

Have fun and good luck !!!

This contest is not associated with BlueByte in any way and I will handle all inquiries or queries about the competition. Just mail me in game if you need to

A NEW Category in the Northisle Competition - WIN MORE PRIZES !

Category 5 - - STRONG ENDINGS - -

Post pictures of all your donations made from now until the end of the balloon event. POSTS REQUIRE A TIME STAMP. They will be added up and for each 50k of donated balloons during these last days, your name will go into BG’s hat for a draw giving all a chance to win one of the following prizes. NOTE : DONATIONS WILL BE ADDED FOR YOU, so you can give 10 donations of 5K balloons, and that will equal 1 ticket into the draw at it totals 50k balloons.

Please post your pictures on the forum thread linked below. Is is specifically dedicated for entries in category 5 of the competition.

Prizes will be awarded in the order below. Only one prize will be awarded per person, unless all participants have received at least one prize. If your name is drawn a second time, it will be set aside and used in order if all participants have been awarded a prize.

RULES/NOTES :
    All pictures must include your avatar or island.
    • Angus, Rieux and BG are not participating and are excluded from winning any prize.
    • All categories close on July 23rd, end of day UK time. Prizes will be awarded in the days that follow. Please be patient, as it will take some time to complete all of the counts and draws for the various categories.
    • If there is a shortage of participants, Angus, Rieux and BG reserve the right to determine how to use excess prizes.
    • This is a server player initiative and is not associated with BlueByte in any way and I will handle all inquiries or queries about the competition. Just mail me in game if you need to.

Prize 1 - 1 overgrown ruins (expensive and rare decoration) (d)
    Prize 2 - 1 silo (a)
    Prize 3 - 1 silo (a)
    Prize 4 - 1 noble residence (b)
    Prize 5 - 1 noble residence (b)
    Prize 6 - 1 noble residence (b)
    Prize 7 - 1 noble residence (b)
    Prize 8 - 1 noble residence (c)
    Prize 9 - 1 noble residence (c)
    Prize 10 - 1 noble residence (c)
    Prize 11 - 1 noble residence (c)
    Prize 12 - 1 noble residence (c)
    Prize 13 - 1 flying red settler (b)
    Prize 14 - adventure box (d)
    Prize 15 - 1 rabbit lucky charm buffs (b)
    Prize 16 - 1 rabbit lucky charm buffs (b)
    Prize 17 - 1 Ms. Meyers and 1 drill plan (c)
    Prize 18 - 2 drill plans (b)
    Prize 19 - 2 drill plan (c)
    Prize 20 - 5 red flower beds (c)
    Prize 21 - 500 gc (b)
    Prize 22 - 2 exotic baskets (160-210 each) (b)
    Prize 23 - 5,000 gc (e)
    Prize 24 - Mysterious Adventure Box (f) and 2 Dark Brotherhood (g)
    Prize 25 - 2K granite (f)
    Prize 26 - 2K granite (h)
    Prize 27 - Solar Flare and Artesian Well (i)
    Prize 28 - Random Adventure Box (i)

(ADDITIONAL PRIZES MAY BE ADDED, KEEP LOOKING)

The prizes were generously donated by MudThrok (a), MOD_Fhearghus2 (b), Angus_McGregor (c), TheOldBadger (d), S7George (e), Corona88 (f), anonymous (g), sami_miita (h), MOD_Ryleth (i)

Guide on how to upload your screenshot - - - http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/22120

LINK to Category 5 Competition entries - - - http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...REENSHOTS-here - - - Please post only entries/pics on this link.

GO TEAM UK2 !!! Let’s end this event with a BANG !
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!
    `

Edit July 25th

This is the final list of Prizes.... with the various donors, place in alphabetical order. A big thank you to all our generous prize donors !!!! *applaud*

http://i.imgur.com/VLrZiVQ.png
    [/SIZE]

COMPETITION RESULTS ARE COMING SOON !!!!!!
    Last edited by Battlegirl; 25.07.13 at 13:55.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Is 100k enough for the start? :]
    Last edited by Silni63; 17.07.13 at 20:02.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Whatever you produce... hard to say what will come up

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Category 2 - - MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

I'd like to nominate Sami_Miita

Sami has demanded that all members of Valhalla guild fill their islands with wells and then send him the water to convert. Sami has drummed us all into helping where we can and drove us to get to 100% and beyond. All the messages from other guild leaders and Czech server have been passed on to make this event a success for all on Northisle. Together we can get 150% and why not 200%.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Category 2 - - MOST VALUABLE PLAYER/Category 3 - - HELPFUL STRANGERS - -

I'd like to nominate litsa

Even though she is not a lvl50 or rich player she has donated over 5k worth of stuff that i know of and she keeps helping...
    She represents the average player and the behavior that should be an example to all the "rich" players in times of a server event!!!
    Last edited by Driller7; 18.07.13 at 10:45.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Category 4

Just to make things clear, my normal account is on Sandycove. I created an account on Northisle to play in a different style and then didn't have time to keep it active. I do not have two accounts on this server.

I had a dormant account on Northisle and decided to resurrect it for the event. I found it rather difficult to get production up and running so that it was optimised, but this is what I have now:

This is my level 20 account, in control of S1, S4, S5 and hoping to clear S3 if possible. I have made storehouses and wells, and am passing resources to other higher level player for conversion into balloons. I am also making fish platters, sandwiches and fish deposits. I have gifted a few artesian wells and have traded all my available rewards from quests and resources to a player for redistribution.

This is my current level 3 Provision House queue. I intend to trade all of these buffs for one pwl as per the trade below:

Therefore I am not actually making many balloons, but I am providing as many resources as I can for other players to make balloons. I hope that this helps.
    Last edited by Tawaret; 20.07.13 at 14:02. Reason: To clarify that I have only one account per server.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Category 3 - Helpful strangers

I would like to nominate litsa for the phenomenal amount of chocolate bunnys that she has provided, not just for me but for loads of other players too. She is not on my friend list (yet) but has been generous and helpful throughout the event and is always offering others assistance on global chat too. Generally speaking: what a star!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Category 2 - Most Valuable Player

I would like to nominate Ozzymandeus. He has been a constant support to me and the rest of our guild too. He has turned his island into a giant well field to provide others with water for conversion and uses his provision house to create as many buffs as possible for other people's wells too. He has also been encouraging others to create/donate balloons as well as making what he can when he isn't creating buffs.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Category 3 - - HELPFUL STRANGERS
    jenjen37 provided me a lot of resources to convert into balloons after I have announced that I have an idle PH level 4. Well done Jen.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Cat 2 - MVP

Dezy in Ethos. Helping lower level players in guild and constantly adding a colossal amount of balloons from his L5 PH. Nice one Dezy.

Reply to Thread