Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Newfoundland balloon competition - the final push

World
    Newfoundland

Newfoundland balloon competition - the final push

THE FINAL PUSH:

To get all players active on the last day's left of this event, some of your friends in NewFoundLand started a new competition to reward those who are doing everything to get the highest position possible in the event ranking.
    The competition will be divided in 4 lvl groups with each 5 competition categories.
    This to ensure all players ( no matter what lvl ) can participate and win some awsome prizes which have been kindly donated by fellow players.

The competition will be judged by: peanut1944 ( donations lvl 40 - 50 ), MOD_AliasRed, Seamus1, Daizey ( donations lvl 27 - 39 ) and 2 others to be decided

These jurers will not participate in the competition !!!

The 4 level groups will be:

1) lvl1 - lvl17
    2) lvl18 - lvl26
    3) lvl27 - lvl39
    4) lvl40 - lvl50

The 5 competition categories will be:

1) biggest water-production unbuffed
    2) most balloons in 1 day
    3) longest PH que without buff
    4) most resourses donated to a jurer
    5) write the best motivational speech

Each level-group will have 5 winners, 1 for each category, which means THERE WILL BE 20 WINNERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

RULES:

ALL ENTRY'S MUST SHOW YOUR AVATAR AND LEVEL

TO ENTER YOU NEED TO START YOUR POST WITH : 1) YOUR LVL_GROUP AND 2) YOUR COMPETITION CATEGORY AS HEADLINE

1) The biggest water-production = this must be a screenshot of the economy overview.

2) Most balloons donated in 1 day = this must be screenshots including time/date stamp.( take a screenshot while hovering over the clock bottom right of your screen, this way it will show the date, then copy paste all donations in 1 post to count up how much you have donated in 24hrs )

3) Longest provisionhouse que without buff = screenshot of the provisionhouse que ( if it's buffed, time will be added to production time, time remaining on buff ).

4) Most resourses donated to a jurer = each lvl-group will have their own jurer to donate to ( with a lvl5 ph ) who will turn all resourses to Balloons.( post a screenshot of the accepted trade )

5) Write the best motivational speech = write a short but powerfull motivational speech in the first 3 day's of thes competition ( this part of the competition will end at 21/07/2013 ( at noon ) and the winners will see their speech posted in global-4 )

PRIZES FOR EACH LEVEL GROUP AND CATAGORY

lvl 1 - 17 :

1) 1k gold coins, red flying settler

2) 1 watermill, 1 exotic basket, 10k stone, 5k pwp

3) 2 nobles, 1 exotic basket, 10k stone, 5k pwp

4) 20k coal, 20k pwl, 25 baskets

5) 1 drillplan, 2x 500 copper-refill, 20k copper-bars

lvl 18 - 26 :

1) Silo, packed wheatfield, 10k coal, 1 pasta bowl buff

2) 1k gold coins, 1 drill plan, 1 exotic basket

3) 2 nobles, 10k iron ore, drill plan, 1 witch of the swamp adventure

4) 20k marble, 10k coal, 1 cookie buff, 1 horseback adventure

5) 10k coal, 10k marble, 10k hwp, artesian well

lvl 27 - 39 :

1) 1 Friary, 2k sausages, 1 island of the pirates adventure, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 victor the vicious adv, 2x tropical sun adv.

2) 1 watermill, 3k sausages, 1 glue-buff, 1 traitors adventure, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 tropical sun adv.

3) 2 nobles, 2k steel-swords, 1 dark priest adventure, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 witch of the swamp adv

4) 1k granite, 1 rabbit lucky charm, 1 horseback adventure, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 witch of the swamp adv

5) 300 gold-refill, 5k sausages, 3k steel-swords, 1 lost skull adventure, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 witch of the swamp adv

The jurer for your donations will be Daizey

lvl 40 - 50 :

1) Silo, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 Roaring Bull adv, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 tropical sun adv, traitors adv.

2) Starterpack voucher code ( 4k gems, Nords adv, troop buff, resourse pack containing 400 stone - 400 pwp - 100 tools - 20 settlers ), 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 horseback adv

3) watermill, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 motherly love adv, 1 outlaws adventure, pastabowl buff, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 tropical sun adv.

4) 2 nobles, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 dark brotherhood adv, 1 outlaws adventure, 1 stealing from the rich adventure, 1 tropical sun adv, 1 dark priest adv

5) 1k exotic wood logs, 150 gold-refill, 1 victor the vicious adv, 1 dark brotherhood adv, 1 outlaws adventure, stadium buff, 1 lost skull.

The jurer for your donations will be peanut1944

THE PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN IN THE DAY'S FOLLOWING THE END OF THE BIRTHDAY EVENT!!
    WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE AND RECEIVE AN INGAME MAIL !!!

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/22120 ( guide on how to upload your screenshot )

THESE PRIZES WERE KINDLY DONATED BY: Lord-Willowstick, Gavona, sanddollar, LordBosse, Seamus1, peanut1944, Daizey, fishslice, Valdy, MOD_AliasRed, TineG, Noitart, Auntyrae, MOD_Vixen01, MOD_Tanith1, Valdy, Tierartz, Lordfestius, Monolykos, Isupportpirates, Jerze, Procat

THE CONTEST IS CLOSED

DUE TO THE LARGE AMOUNT OF PRIZE-DONATIONS, WE HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE OUT PRIZES TO THE PLAYERS WHO CAME IN SECOND PLACE AND ALSO A GIFT PRIZE TO ALL ENTRY'S THAT DIDN'T WIN BUT HELPED SO WELL IN THE EVENT

Second place prizes

lvl 27 - 39 :

1) 1 watermill, 1 choc bunny, 1 drill plan, 1 medipack, 1 dark priests adv

2) 1 silo, 1 choc bunny, 1 drill plan, 1 medipack, 1 dark priests adv

3) 1 noble, 1 choc bunny, 1 drill plan, 1 medipack, 1 traitors adv

4) 1 noble, 1 choc bunny, 1 drill plan, 1 medipack, 1 traitors adv

lvl 40 - 50 :

1) 2 nobles, 5k horses, 250gc, 1 vtv adv, 1 SE adv

2) 1 watermill, Nords adv, 5k horses, 250gc, 1 vtv adv, 1 SE adv

3) 1 silo, 5k horses, 250gc, 1 vtv adv, 1 SOTV adv

4) 1 noble, 5k horses, 250gc, 1 vtv adv, 1 Horsback adv

SPECIAL PRIZES :

3 winners wil get a special prize for their efforts in global-4

1) 1 dark castle, 1 drill plan, 1 cookie, 1 merchant statue

2) 1 dark castle, 1 drll plan, 1 Red flying settler, packed wheatfield

3) 1 watermill, 1 noble, 2 exotic baskets, 1 medipack

reward for entering the contest( these will be given to every entry which haven't won 1st or second place)

588 copper bars, 294 cooper ore, 2350 coal, 1175 BS, 1175 tools, 1470 brew, 300 SS, 1k iron ore
    Last edited by MOD_Fhearghus; 27.07.13 at 17:47.

World
    Newfoundland
    The winners will be announced here !!!!

THIS THREAD IS FOR ENTRY'S ONLY PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE HERE, IT WOULD BE MUCH APRECIATED THX

WINNERS OF THE FINAL PUSH PLAYER-CONTEST

Levels 1-17

1) biggest water-production unbuffed - no entry
    2) most balloons in 1 day - no entry
    3) longest PH que without buff – no entry
    4) most resourses donated to a jurer - no entry
    5) write the best motivational speech - no entry

Levels 18-26

1) biggest water-production unbuffed- no entry
    2) most balloons in 1 day - Jackalsk
    3) longest PH que without buff – no entry
    4) most resourses donated to a jurer – no entry
    5) write the best motivational speech – Mr_Bumfuzzle

Levels 27-39

1) biggest water-production unbuffed – 1st etavysavac 495k / 2nd Peakachu 449k
    2) most balloons in 1 day - 1st RedMed 107425 / 2nd sofaster 83094
    3) longest PH que without buff - 1st Peakachu 5days 23hrs 13mins / 2nd isupportpirates 17hrs 29mins.
    4) most resourses donated to a jurer – 1st Nicholai_Hell 1156000 / 2nd Boli32 404k
    5) write the best motivational speech – RedMed.

Levels 40-50

1) biggest water-production unbuffed 1st Anubisko212 514k / 2nd Atsalakotos 482k
    2) most balloons in 1 day 1st JiriTomiczek 1,239,425 / 2nd Gavona 747175
    3) longest PH que without buff 1st Senile_wolf 25days 13hrs 2mins / 2nd Anubisko212 19days 7hrs 58mins
    4) most resourses donated to a jurer - 1st Coobra13 335k / 2nd Stonemaison 256700
    5) write the best motivational speech - Jebli

CONGRATULATIONS
    Last edited by MOD_Fhearghus; 25.07.13 at 19:58.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Level 40-50
    The Biggest Water Production
    http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3031/cllj.png

World
    Newfoundland
    LVL 40-50 5)

"Settlers of Newfoundland! Of Sandycove! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of the settlers fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and Wild Marys when the Age of Settlers comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we make balloons! By all that you hold dear on this good internet, I bid you stand, Settlers of Newfoundsandy!"

Cookies to anyone who knows where this is from. (editing was done by me though)
    "That cat is staring me in a nasty way... just take the photo quick and run!"
    My camera's last words...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes it is unbuffed but as the figure is shown seperately it's easy to see the unbuffed amount

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    thank you - I should learn to read things properly!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Isvoor View Post
    LVL 40-50 5)

"Settlers of Newfoundland! Of Sandycove! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of the settlers fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and Wild Marys when the Age of Settlers comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we make balloons! By all that you hold dear on this good internet, I bid you stand, Settlers of Newfoundsandy!"

Cookies to anyone who knows where this is from. (editing was done by me though)
    Churchill wasn't it??

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

The Struggle

LVL 37

Friends we all face struggles, but with great bravery comes great rewards...

There were two little mice who were starving and one day they saw the cat's cream in a cup and thought if only we could have some of that we would survive. So they both jumped down from the shelf and landed in the cream... but little did they know that the cream was very deep!! It was so deep they couldn't put their tiny paws on the bottom of the cup. No matter how they struggled to get up the side of the cup it was too slippery and too deep... :-(

The first mouse was strong but struggled to keep his head afloat, he said to the second mouse, "there is no chance.... soon the cat will be awake and he will see us and eat us. I am giving up I don't want the cat torturing me before killing me... I will face death like a brave little mouse, I love you but I cannot go on"

The second mouse shouted to his mate "No don't do it, hope is not lost, we must try, I am weaker than you but I will struggle until the end. Never lose hope....". But alas it was too late, the first mouse had given up the fight.

The second mouse struggled on though... for what seemed like an age, his tiny paws pushed up and down through the thick liquid, but he was exhausted. Hope was disappearing... the muscles burned, his friend was gone. The more he fought, the more the cream seemed to be getting thicker and thicker making it harder and harder to move. Minutes felt like hours, the effort was tremendous, pain etched on the brave little mouse, but what could he do... the sides were steep and slippery...

Then just when he thought he might join his friend something started to happen. The cream was indeed getting thicker... it was getting thicker and thicker, slowly at first, but the more he fought the higher up he came. The cream was being whipped by his great struggle. The more he fought his enemy the closer he came to being able to stay afloat. It wasn't easy but with renewed vigour he pushed and fought his way higher and higher.

Eventually with the last ounce of strength he could muster, he was on top of the cream and it had risen to the top of the cup... the little mouse was free. He had seen his friend lose hope only to be defeated. But the small, weak, brave mouse had overcome his fears and the odds to survive and live to fight again.

Settlers we are that mouse... if we try as hard as we can, with hard work and determination and faith, we can make our goal....

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Till when can you send in screens?

World
    Newfoundland
    last day of the event

Reply to Thread