Reply to Thread

Thread: Coal deposit

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy Coal deposit

Okay, guys, this is a stupid question, I know, but I started playing the game like, two days ago, so please, please bear with me.

Also, feel free to laugh, but: I can't find my (presumably existing) coal deposit*. I just can't. It's nowhere on the map (or I'm blind). Is there some way to find a deposit without having to zoom out (or in) and looking at the entire map very very closely (which, obviously, is not working out for me)?

*Additional info: I'm only about 100 experience points from reaching level 24, so the whole coal deposit thing is new for me. Now, I know that if I click on the info box right after the geologist finishes his search, it zooms me in to the area where the newfound deposit is (if any had been found, of course), but with the coal one, I just sent my geologist to search for it yesterday and simply left the game, so I wasn't online when he finished the search. I assume he did find something yesterday, because when I sent him on another search today, the end result was nothing "because you already have a maximum amount of this kind of deposit on the island" (or something along the lines). Unless the maximum amount of coal deposits you can have at level 23 is actually 0 (which... kind of doesn't make sense to me?), I seem to be missing a deposit, and god damn it, I need that coal. So. Help, please?

And, since I just remembered: is there some way to turn on notifications, or anything, that would inform me that a mine had collapsed or a field/well had been exhausted while I was offline, or is looking at the land and/or the economy overview the only way to figure out that something has gone missing? Because even then, I sometimes have trouble locating, for example, the well that had been exhausted (maybe I'm doing something wrong, but dauym, the buildings I have and use sure use a lot of water - so I have a lot of wells, and I don't remember off the bat where each and every one is).

World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure how much of your island you've managed to claim so far, but there are 3 x Coal Deposits in Sector 7 and 3 x Coal Deposits in Sector 6 as seen in the image below

I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    So that's why. I have yet to claim either of those sectors - is that why I can't see the deposit that my geologist has presumably found somewhere there? If that's the case, those bandits need to get their [removed] as soon as possible. Thank you for such a quick reply!

Hello Maladict,

Keep it PEGI-7 please .

Sinister-King

Haha, sorry. I'll try to be nice from now on
    Last edited by Maladict; 21.07.13 at 13:30.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Not sure how much of your island you've managed to claim so far, but there are 3 x Coal Deposits in Sector 7 and 3 x Coal Deposits in Sector 6 as seen in the image below

Y think in s1 is 2 marble not 1

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by arpy2013 View Post
    Y think in s1 is 2 marble not 1
    There are two possible spots for Marble in s1, usually we can only have one at time and they just take turns appearing, there is an Iron deposit in s5 and a Stone deposit also in s5 that shift as well. However, with the new Geologist Skills it is possible, at level 50, to find the extra Marble and/or Iron and the map has recently been updated to show all potential deposits:

Cheers Fexno.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 27.07.13 at 19:41.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I claimed the sector up north, but no way my geologist can find the coal mine. I also put a storehouse near the rocks, but nothing happened.
    Tried to refresh the game, clear the cache, blablabla, still nothing found :-(

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Have you perhaps also cleared sector 6 (mid-east) and your geo is finding coal there instead?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Hairy, no, I didn't free the mid-east sector. I freed half of the map, from the center (if you imagine it as split in two) to all the left part.
    No trace of coal. I built storehouses everywhere :-)
    I couldn't find gold mines either.. it just seems they don't exist on my map.
    What can I do? Should I just wait to have an army big enough to free all the map? That's gonna take ages :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi iimaddyyii - did you have any luck finding the coal deposits? I am lvl 25, and cannot find any Coal deposits. Completely stalling my game without Coal mines.
    Have searched with geologist, he says I already have the maximum. Yet there are none, I have sector 7 cleared and built up, but there are definitely no Coal deposits where the map ^^ says they should be.
    Thanks!

EDIT: OK now for some reason he has found coal deposits after multiple failed attempts. I don't know what changed - but all is good.
    Last edited by JackyD; 30.12.13 at 23:26. Reason: Resolved

Reply to Thread