Reply to Thread

Thread: game idea

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Exclamation game idea

Dear Blue Byte,
    Can I just say that I have no complaints with the graphics and overall performance of the game, my bug is with how you have structured the game, unfortunately your questioner does not let you explain that?
    I have been a settler’s fanatic since 1998, it was a game that just pulled you in and you just could not leave it alone. The game has always been a good balance between economics and battle, which meant you where interacting with the game a lot. Sadly this is not the case now! The introduction of the science scheme, although well thought out involves no more than the occasional click of the mouse. Over all I find the game badly unbalanced and I could give you a stream of examples, but for now I will keep it short. “In the hope that you do genuinely want to make the game better”
    You made granite, titanium and exotic wood an integral part of the game but made no provision for players to be able to collect these resources them selves. I would suggest a number of adventures where the islands are rich in at least one of these, I would place these in the guild shop for two reasons 1 to encourage people to join guilds and 2 so there is actually something in there to buy, or an island where they can all be collected but needs protection from the occasional invasion by hobbits or the French. Normal generals are the back bone of an army and are essential for blocks yet you have made them just about unaffordable, for my next general it will cost me the equivalent of 17,500 gems and goes up to 90,000. This is just madness, I would suggest capping the price at 1000 that still converts to 3500 gems, twice the cost of a battle hardened general. Just about everything in the game is based around gold coins including all upgrades, so give us a break and reduce the cost. It’s true you can mine your gold but in reality it is not cost effective, I have 4 mines 2 smelters and a forge, they are all now sleeping peacefully and will stay that way. A brief example, 4 gold bars for 1 coin, this is just unbelievable. Finally I believe the gap between levels is too much.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The silly thing is it wont encourage people to join a guild as people not in a guild can still see the guild shop.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    In general I can't see I agree. For me the economic part of the game is the better part. I find the combat disappointing, since it's lacking variety and strategy.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Re the price of generals, a fool and his money are easily parted and you are quite clearly that fool since you are converting gems into coins to buy generals from the tavern. Why don't you try clicking on the scale once in awhile the results will astound you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hello Dorotheus. I do not use gems to buy gold; I was using the cost of buying it in the shop to attempt to show the Hugh difference between BHGs and Vet Generals against normal generals, I would like to know why? I also use the T.O. a lot but have never seen any generals for sale! I agree with MrBranch about the combat, it just shows how unbalanced the game is. I was trying to suggest some way of making it a bit more interesting. Too produce the top three units in your army you need resources that you cannot get yourself; I would like to see that altered and at the same time give some meaning to some adventures. The problem I have with the economics is the cost to upgrade buildings after level 2, I can’t see any good reason to charge so much as it does slow the game down.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you could reach level 50 and buy everything quickly what would be the point of playing. It is a game played over long duration.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I understand that they need to keep this going but you stand a better chance if you are interacting more, or will the game just end up boring people. That is my concern. I have just finished reading reviews about the settlers online starter packs on amazon, didn't have time to read about full disc. I would strongly recommend that Blue Byte and Ubisoft take the time to check them out?

Reply to Thread