Reply to Thread

Thread: Science system level 3 as from level 40?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down Science system level 3 as from level 40?

You must be kidding me!
    Invested all this time and resources in the science system, just to discover that I'm 8(!!!!) levels shorts to continue with the highest upgrades for my geologist.

Then why on earth are the first science system quests already coming way before level 30?!
    Now what? Delete all buildings that are useless for the next 8(!!!!) levels?!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Stecker78; 21.07.13 at 17:49.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    A minimum level requirement is not a bug

And if you think the tier 1 and 2 science buildings are useless because you've got one geologist upgraded as far as he can go, then you're doing something wrong.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    What I do consider a bug is a science system that starts at low levels already, followed by many levels where I can't do anything with it anymore.

And of course I don't consider tier 1 and 2 useless, but I believe that 5 other buildings would have given me more resources when I have 5 useless buildings for the next 8 levels.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It would have made sense to have the same level requirements on building the buildings and activating the quests yes

it is one of the things that is almost impossible to test on test server due to the buffing of players to high lvl at the start

you are either too low to encounter the problem or too high to encounter the problem- unless they see potential issues and give a wide range of level buffs out on test which they used to do but seems to have stopped the last few months

World
    Sandycove
    Well the Ornamentalsmith and Advanced Papermill are the buildings that generate the resources to create a codex.
    You can't have build those yet, since the level requirement on those is also 40.
    The tooltip on those skills have been showing you since before you begun that the level requirement is 40. (The line above requires level 45 even)

You can still keep producing manuscripts and tomes, and stocking them up since you'll need the tomes to create codexes. and if you ever buy an other geologist you can give him a boost to begin with. Also, stocking them up is not a bad idea since we'll be getting skills on the explorer and general too (somewhere in the future).

Also the quests requiring you to build those two buildings are only unlocked after you reached 40. (The first quest line starts at lvl 14/15, but only requires you to build the lower level science buildings, which are available at that point)

A geologist with all that lower level skills is still a lot more usefull then a geologist without them, so I appreciate it being availabel at a lower level, so you can improve your geologist while leveling.
    Last edited by Fexno; 22.07.13 at 08:12.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    It would have made sense to have the same level requirements on building the buildings and activating the quests yes
    Yes, there is a mismatch between certain quests and the levels you need to be to do them, but this is not the problem Stecker is reporting. His problem seems to be that he has been able to build tier 1 and 2 science stuff and do the relevant quests, and now wants to do the tier 3 stuff but can't because he's not a high enough level. He seems to think that this is a bug for some reason...

It's like saying the game is bugged because you can make steel at a low level but can't turn it into damascene swords until you're at a high level, so the steelsmelter is being wasted.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, it doesn't matter anymore as a result of me not paying attention for a short moment followed by a huge bug in the science system (http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...r-one-big-bug!)
    Considering how fast bugs are being solved, choice is now even easier to me. Bye bye all science buildings!

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree with other posters. If you want to take a break from making science stuff until you get to level 40, put the buildings to sleep for a while. Unless you made more than one of each science building, in which case I would demolish the extra ones. I only have one of each, and I haven't built the advanced ones yet. We're talking about 5 licenses then - bookbinder, 2 x papermill, finesmith and lettersmith.

If you are short of licenses, have you replaced all your noble residences with noble residence deeds, that don't require a license? I think that was something I started doing around your level. You can buy them on TO, well worth the effort to get the licenses back.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter anymore as a result of me not paying attention for a short moment followed by a huge bug in the science system (http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...r-one-big-bug!)
    Considering how fast bugs are being solved, choice is now even easier to me. Bye bye all science buildings!
    If you're going to multi-account on the same server, you might want to be more careful which account you're logged in as when posting to the forums...

Reply to Thread