Reply to Thread

Thread: Deletion of bookbinder - one big bug!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation Deletion of bookbinder - one big bug!

Ow hell....I just deleted my bookbinder by accident. And of course I did so exactly when a tome was waiting to be picked up.
    Tome gone; many resources gone. One more argument to stop using the dump different interface for the science system. Just put the manuscripts/tomes directly in your warehourse, like any other resource!

Stupid first thing: you have to log off and log on before the system understands that your bookbinder is gone and allows you to build a new one.

But now the real big bug: when rebuilding it, you pay the resources and you place it. No bookbinder. Neither after logging of and logging on; neither after closing all browser windows. You could do it once more, or even 100 mores, but except for losing a lot of resources: no way you will ever get your bookbinder back.

Clear enough for me: end of science system to me.
    Last edited by Stecker78; 28.07.13 at 09:25.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    After all not too bad for me. Via the science system I've gotten some skills to find more marble, copper and stone.
    No more expensive investments in the higher level skills. I had to delete my science buildings; 5 of them. So, 5 extra licences that can be used for mining resources I'm less good at; iron, gold and coal. Almost recommendable even.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Hang on, your saying u cant rebuild it bk? Well that's unacceptable im afraid! U need to contact support and they'll have to sort it out!

The explorer, general and island upgrades are due next and youll need the bookbinder!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Did you see Fexno's list of bugs? Do you know how many bugs have been solved the last 6 months?
    Exactly...that's why I deleted my science system buildings and gave up. And so far I like it.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    So you clicked the book binder with the bomb icon (demolish building) active by accident and when asked to confirm again by accident clicked okay even when it informed you resources and a building license would be returned to you?

Glad no science system is working out for you, as you are happy you won't be upgrading generals, explorers or home island because books are not tradeable.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    So you clicked the book binder with the bomb icon (demolish building) active by accident and when asked to confirm again by accident clicked okay even when it informed you resources and a building license would be returned to you?.
    Yes, I placed my bookbinder next to a preferred mine position. Stupid choice looking at it now, since I deleted the demolished mine every time in order to make it a preferred position over non-deleted demolished mines. I was 100% convinced that I was deleting the demolished mine again, but all of a sudden my bookbinder was gone.

Time will tell if I'm going to regret it. Next levels in the science system are accessible from level 40, while I'm now 32. Would have been useless for me anyway the next 8 levels.
    Last edited by Stecker78; 29.07.13 at 19:27.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Science System Phase 2 announced.
    I though...let's just test if this bug has been solved by coincidence as well. And yes...Stecker78 has its bookbinder back. Thanks BB.

(but I might decide to delete it once more; I liked playing without the expensive and full-of bugs science system. Now I only wasted a Tome, not sure if I want to slow down my economy again and invest a few thousand marble+hardwood planks in building upgrades.
    Last edited by Stecker78; 06.08.13 at 17:17.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i have did exactly the same deleted bookbinder whilst deleting mines, it wont rebuild gets to 1% and vanishes, tried clearing cache, moving its position even tried building with gems but nothing it starts then it gone.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    sign out for half an hour Tina, worked for one of my members

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    i will log off later and see if it lets me rebuild in the morning, thanks

Reply to Thread