Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: i m getting bored with your game lads

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

i m getting bored with your game lads

getting bored with the game, everyday same routine , at lvl 2 copper mine or iron mine, you have to rebuild them once a day, so at lvl 4 you have to do it twice a day ,this is getting actually silly,why you din t made them like the coal mine once every 3/4 days at lvl2

even the fields everyday you have to rebuild it, could you not find a way to do at least once a week or so,unless you are lvl 49 we have to spend granite to build a field or get a silos witch are hard and expensive to get
    , i spend 50 quid on the game (i know it was silly) but i had to wait 6 months to save the gems to be able to get a new gem s pit, now i have to wait 3 months for the third one ,you could have at least let us upgrade them to lvl 5 to get the gems quicker,what would you say if you had to wait 6 months to get my money.

this is not a complaint but a call for help, i really like the game, i have been playing it for 9 months, but i m losing the passion for it and that is not good, i saw many people through the 9 months quitting because they were bored with it

you last event was rabbish also , we spend so much resources for balloons and we got only at 120% to get 100 gems and a headquarter that give you only 20 settlers extra , the skins last 3 days, that is a joke really, you don t know how to party ,20 years of settlers and that is the way you celebrate it.

but don t get me wrong , the trading is great some adventures are good, still routine so . the community is brilliant but i start to feel like i m wasting my time, ( i probably do )

thanks for reading

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 , I feel the same
    PvP or level expand would make this game more alive ;]
    Last edited by MkaayZ; 26.07.13 at 18:10.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here, but I don't care much for events etc.
    My main boredom is related to the battle. It's too static, too often the same. Not tactical enough; purely based on cannot fodder.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Not to mention that once u figure out a certain battle, it will be exactly the same every time. There is quite simply no challenge when you know down to the pixel what troops to prepare, what attacks to send, which blocks can be performed or what locations to transfer to. When I have an adventure in my star menu I produce the troops I need for it in the barracks, and when I have an hour or so to play, I start it, send over the troops and wipe the map clean. I know exactly what is going to happen the minute I press 'start adventure'. It really is just about as thrilling as turning a light switch on and off. The way I see it, there's only 2 remedies to this problem.

1 - Create adventures where enemy camps have some random component in their troops and location. This will make each adventure unique, rendering guides useless and making players have to think for themselves how to approach the combat. Those shocked with the idea of not having guides, hear this: This game is by no means too difficult to play without guides. You will easily figure out a way to beat any and every camp in the adventures. It just might not be always the most cost-efficient one. But isn't figuring new things out and becoming more skilled in the game all part of the fun?

2 - PvP. When not facing AI but another human player, the depth of strategies and the challenge in combat would obviously increase. It's sad to see this feature be postponed over and over again to the point where you start to wonder will it ever really be implemented? There have been a million cries asking for PvP to the game so I'm not expecting this post to make a difference. But it would be indisputably the best way to stop the game from becoming stale.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    yes , i agree with you both , pvp player has been promise for too long now ,and it will be probably be a race to get somewhere the quickest for what i heard, so not a great stuff to look for ,number will be the key , if you are a small player you have not a chance but this is only rumours and i m probably wrong , but i don t expect a great stuff at all

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    It's designed to be tedious and boring so you spend gems on speeding the game up, the science system will give you deposits that can be mined faster meaning more rebuilding on a daily basis. It's designed to be tedious, there's no point complaining because BB only want your money. you either play at snails pace and get bored or spend money to speed it up, thems the choices

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    Not to mention that once u figure out a certain battle, it will be exactly the same every time. There is quite simply no challenge when you know down to the pixel what troops to prepare, what attacks to send, which blocks can be performed or what locations to transfer to. When I have an adventure in my star menu I produce the troops I need for it in the barracks, and when I have an hour or so to play, I start it, send over the troops and wipe the map clean. I know exactly what is going to happen the minute I press 'start adventure'. It really is just about as thrilling as turning a light switch on and off.
    One solution to that problem is to ignore the guides and figure out the new maps from scratch, using a combat simulator. This will result in higher losses for some time as you refine your tactics, but it will mean it is less boring. There are new epic adventures that will be arriving soon, and they are not designed to be easy. However, if you do just follow other people's guides to combat, then there won't be a great deal of challenge to the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken35 View Post
    yes , i agree with you both , pvp player has been promise for too long now ,and it will be probably be a race to get somewhere the quickest for what i heard, so not a great stuff to look for ,number will be the key , if you are a small player you have not a chance but this is only rumours and i m probably wrong , but i don t expect a great stuff at all
    Well, hopefully people might try to challenge other players of a similar level. There's not much point in a level 50 player challenging a player who has just built a barracks and can only make recruits. I know that happens in other 'pvp' games, where high level players just attack easy targets to get some loot, but it's not exactly a fair fight or difficult in strategic terms.

Quote Originally Posted by veganbot View Post
    It's designed to be tedious and boring so you spend gems on speeding the game up, the science system will give you deposits that can be mined faster meaning more rebuilding on a daily basis. It's designed to be tedious, there's no point complaining because BB only want your money. you either play at snails pace and get bored or spend money to speed it up, thems the choices
    It is a game that requires a good deal of patience. If you do find it tedious, then the speed-up options will cost you money - I think that is the same in other online games too. Obviously the games company wants to make profit from the game - they can't afford to provide the whole lot for free.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 27.07.13 at 07:38.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Isn't the real problem that we don't know what the intentions are with Settlers Online? When it comes to improvements, no one is ever reacting. No "bad idea because..." and no "great idea, we will see if it can be implemented in the game". No nothing...

For the combat I already made some suggestions in this thread http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...=combat+random to make it more challenging. I'm sure there are ways, but does BB want to head that way? Or is it indeed meant to be boring?
    Last edited by MrBranch; 27.07.13 at 10:57.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    Isn't the real problem that we don't know what the intentions are with Settlers Online? When it comes to improvements, no one is ever reaction. No "bad idea because..." and no "great idea, we will see if it can be implemented in the game". No nothing...

For the combat I already made some suggestions in this thread http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...=combat+random to make it more challenging. I'm sure there are ways, but does BB want to head that way? Or is it indeed meant to be boring?
    There is a game called Settlers 7 that is fast, online and has many of the combat options that people here seem to want. It might be worth checking it out if you like that sort of combat. However, you do need to purchase a code to start playing it.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    One man's meat is another man's poison, I guess, seeing as most of the 'issues' raised by the OP are actually part of the appeal of this game for me.

As for PvP, I'm with Sto_Helit on that issue. I also hope that if they ever get round to implementing PvP then there is some sort of 'opt in/out' function as, for the foreseeable future at least, I have no interest in involving myself in that.

Oh.. and MrBranch is right that lack of response to feedback is somewhat frustrating. Unfortunately that seems to be par for the course with pretty much every game forum I've ever been on.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 27.07.13 at 10:41.

Closed Thread