Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: i m getting bored with your game lads

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    I also hope that if they ever get round to implementing PvP then there is some sort of 'opt in/out' function as, for the foreseeable future at least, I have no interest in involving myself in that.
    You're not at all alone, fortunately PvP (Coming Soon™) is meant to be entirely optional and:

1. Home islands will be protected

This information will calm down a lot of players: it will not be possible to attack home islands of other players – they will be protected from attacks.

Dev Diary 20.11.2012
    While many things change from Diary to Diary and Diary to Live, PvP as an option only has remained consistent.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 27.07.13 at 14:40.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    One solution to that problem is to ignore the guides and figure out the new maps from scratch, using a combat simulator. This will result in higher losses for some time as you refine your tactics, but it will mean it is less boring. There are new epic adventures that will be arriving soon, and they are not designed to be easy. However, if you do just follow other people's guides to combat, then there won't be a great deal of challenge to the maps.
    I never use other people's guides. Every attack and every block I make is of my own design, though i use the combat sim to tweak the numbers to their optimum.

That said, it would be stupid of me to not take notes since I know that the same camp will be there in the exact same way the next time I play the adventure. There is no excitement in pretending to figure a battle out when you know that you have already done it, and that you would just be doing the same simulation again for the same end result.

Someone made a point about the game being tedious so that people would spend gems. That really doesn't apply to combat since the adventures will not become interesting to play even if there was an infinite amount of gems at your disposal. With faster generals you'll just be able to play twice as much of the equally repetitive and boring adventures.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    I never use other people's guides. Every attack and every block I make is of my own design, though i use the combat sim to tweak the numbers to their optimum.

That said, it would be stupid of me to not take notes since I know that the same camp will be there in the exact same way the next time I play the adventure. There is no excitement in pretending to figure a battle out when you know that you have already done it, and that you would just be doing the same simulation again for the same end result.
    I'm glad at least a few other people do their own thing with adventures, because I tend to get the impression that some people only want a guide to follow. I haven't done enough adventures to get to the boredom stage, but I know it will happen after a certain amount of time. Hopefully pvp and/or different adventures will come in to solve this problem, but I can see how it becomes frustrating whilst you are waiting.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    totally agree.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    All I can say, is that it's not very smart to follow the guides. Every time I'm playing adventures, I'm having at least 1 or 2 camps that can be beaten in better way than described in the adventure guides. And even every time I'm playing them again, I find a way to do it better than the last time (but this might be since I'm just playing the game since a few months, so I'm still learning).

But of course, it's still smart to read the guides. Sometimes you have the feeling that a certain camp could be destroyed more efficiently, but you can't figure out how. Manuals often show that your feeling is true by making visible how to do it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am bored with this game. And dissapointed. I reached level 22 in two days and now there is nothing to do except buff buildings all day long. So, so many better old games out there. I think it's a mistake to make this game a browser game, because it is so slow. Sometimes I have to wait for 3 whole seconds for a buff to be placed on a building, and I have a 10 megabit internet connection. So many good lessons to learn from Civilisation 2 and 3 and such a great gap in the market for games like these. The work on this game is only 30% done, but if u could keep the dinamics of the first 20 levels in late game, it would be much better. Tons of new, small quests, and perhaps a better combat system - one more player infuenced. Troop possitioning, first strike, ranged before melee. I mean u got the whole Heroes of Might and Magic 1-4 expirience and still this is the best you could of done?! I think you just spent tons of time, hard work and money on something a teenager could come up with. If league of Legends is at this moment the most played game in the world, go and see why... Don't make your investors money a waste. Go back to the drowing board and do the thing your fans for decades would have expected. Sorry if I'm to harsh on you, but you can do much better.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by markus1brody View Post
    I am bored with this game. And dissapointed. I reached level 22 in two days and now there is nothing to do except buff buildings all day long. So, so many better old games out there. I think it's a mistake to make this game a browser game, because it is so slow. Sometimes I have to wait for 3 whole seconds for a buff to be placed on a building, and I have a 10 megabit internet connection. So many good lessons to learn from Civilisation 2 and 3 and such a great gap in the market for games like these. The work on this game is only 30% done, but if u could keep the dinamics of the first 20 levels in late game, it would be much better. Tons of new, small quests, and perhaps a better combat system - one more player infuenced. Troop possitioning, first strike, ranged before melee. I mean u got the whole Heroes of Might and Magic 1-4 expirience and still this is the best you could of done?! I think you just spent tons of time, hard work and money on something a teenager could come up with. If league of Legends is at this moment the most played game in the world, go and see why... Don't make your investors money a waste. Go back to the drowing board and do the thing your fans for decades would have expected. Sorry if I'm to harsh on you, but you can do much better.
    Somehow I think you might be playing the wrong game - it's a building and trading game, not one with a highly developed combat system. It requires strategy and patience to do the quests and make a balanced economy on your island. If you want to make buildings quickly and have better combat, there are options to play some of the other Settlers games via an online connection.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    keep asking myself more and more 'why am I doing this, this so-called game that should be renamed 'Chores Online''

What used to be the job of computers they've managed to convince us to do with 1000 clicks. The developers and programmers do not play this game - they couldn't since the programming sloppiness has gotten to a point nobody involved could possibly look in a mirror after spending 10 minutes at it. And as for the creativity, sure, lets have another celebration of contributing 100,000 resources and click fest 5 balloons at a time several times a day so at the end of 4 weeks we can win a look-see to what 20 year old graphics were. And then if that's criticized, as it should be, lets pretend that giving the wait staff at a restaurant a 2 cent tip should be appreciated.

I stick around for the education and entertainment value in what something like this can become, not for the 'game' experience.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Govox View Post
    keep asking myself more and more 'why am I doing this, this so-called game that should be renamed 'Chores Online''
    To be honest, I don't understand why you are playing if that is how you feel about it; you don't seem to enjoy it and if it is just a chore, why not find something else? Anno Online is just over there...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    To be honest, I don't understand why you are playing if that is how you feel about it; you don't seem to enjoy it and if it is just a chore, why not find something else? Anno Online is just over there...
    easy to understand: after having invested this much time and interest and getting the feeling the devs don't care, I'm hoping some honest critiquing might shake things up a bit - kapish?

Closed Thread