Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 50 levels science skills

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Talking 50 levels science skills

I am wondering how does works skill "gives a 10% chance of refilling a curently mined deposit"? Did anyone have that skill and what experience did have anyone?

Thank you

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I am wondering about the same thing.

based on what I've gathered. it appears to only add +50 to a random existing deposit that you are searching.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    +50, please tell me thats a typo.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes it's pretty useless.. BB makes grand statements about percentage chances of refilling a deposit but fails us in the details.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    10% chance of getting a random 50+ on your deposits.

I hate 'chance'. 10% is very low. You're better off with the +8% deposit increase. At least that is 'certain'.
    Sending your geos out constantly and not finding anything is kind of frustrating.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I just got my jolly fully skilled and took this nature's gift as the last skill. I've been sending the jolly to look for copper deposits and tearing them down. After few hours of doing this i see the skill used first time ("gives a 10% chance of refilling a currently mined deposit"). One of my copper deposits (no mine on it) has 847 copper in it instead of maximum 827.

This is quite disappointing, because the skill is the very last in the tree and I was expecting it to be more useful. I understood the description so that it refills a deposit that is actually mined (not the deposit without mine on it) and also that this currently mined deposit is fully refilled (not added +20 or +50 ore).

10% chance to get less ore in the deposit than with the surplus skill makes this skill close to useless and i feel like the description is lying. If I got to choose again I would pick other skill as the last one.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes but if u had like 2 jolly geologist and u constantly run them to go on gold search u had chance to refill u deposits with not loosing the mines on them and if he not succeed and u get depleted mine after all u wheel just open new gold deposit and build the mine this wheel be useful only for people like me that are not using gold refills on they gold deposits cos imagine as like u had 5k gold ore in lvl 5 mine and to get hit on this exact deposit with this skill i don't say that it is possible i don't know but thinking wheel if it cos such thing and drop the mine to full with like 5k deposit to his original max 300 and somthing but if it happens I'm sure that u wheel get medal for luckiest person in the whole game so be careful what u chose and if it is possible pleas someone from the admins with more info to in lighten us is it possible like deposit with 5k ore in it to be drop to original number after hit from this skill

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I tested Nature's Gift on test and it proved to be completely worthless. Better to upgrade full geo skills for gold chain and use that to extend gold to 401 ore per deposit and chance of 45% faster mining.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Nature's Gift is useless. I tested it recently extensively.

It is useless. Trust me. Better to spend the point on Natural Born Digger.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...ist-Skill-Tree

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    10% chance of getting a random 50+ on your deposits.

I hate 'chance'. 10% is very low. You're better off with the +8% deposit increase. At least that is 'certain'.
    Sending your geos out constantly and not finding anything is kind of frustrating.

The problem is the 10% chance Dice rolling part won't trigger at all unless he finds something.

He has to find something (meaning depleted or exhausted deposit) before he even has a 'chance' for the 10%.

So you can't roll the dice on the 10% chance unless you find something which totally defeats the purpose of refilling something. You have to have something empty first before "chance of" refilling something else. So your chance of refilling is even lower based on how many deposits are empty.

This skill would be more useful if it allowed you to roll the dice every time the guy searches and not just when he finds something.

Reply to Thread