Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quick Fix for additional island space

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Quick Fix for additional island space

The idea is simple: Introduce two new items(either through an event and then in gem shop or directly in gem shop)

Deforestation: Cuts/burns down specific areas with trees

Plantation: Replants destroyed trees

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    So how many of the 'tree' spaces would you be allowed to deforest and reforest? There might be a problem with tree deposits if this was allowed.

Other similar ideas would be to bulldoze rocks that you don't need, or syphon water out of the lake and rivers until they turn into dry land.

World
    Sandycove
    I can see the OP's point, there is a need to make more room to build on the home island, and his request is feasible.

However, it does need to be balanced with the required "re-forresting" in certain areas.

I would like to see us to be able to get some areas cleared for development in the future

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    I can see the OP's point, there is a need to make more room to build on the home island, and his request is feasible.

However, it does need to be balanced with the required "re-forresting" in certain areas.

I would like to see us to be able to get some areas cleared for development in the future
    Yes, its not a bad idea, but it does need some balance so that you don't just end up with a green square of an island that is only building spaces after having landfill on the areas that are currently lakes or rivers, and all the rocks, trees and bushes bulldozed. That would be the most efficient island format, but it might look a little boring.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    As an island is majority covered with buildings to up the population some higher population residence or allow us to build in the water like the floating residence would be better.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Forget the floating houses as these look pretty micky mouse on water, almost transparent. Use the ships and moorings which are in Pirates and a few other adventures to add population increase to the island, this would look more realistic than the houses, start at say 30/50 settlers at first for the original ship and then upgrade the ship to increase population, say by adding an extra mast to the ship to indicate the upgrade level.

An other idea of mine is to increase the normal Generals army size from 200 to 220 by doing a certain number of adventures or special adventure and maybe then call him by a different title, such as Major General or something like that.

Anybody else have similar ideas or suggestions?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since you asked for the quick fix:
    Didn't the Shaman quest start with the sub quest to remove some mountains? With some efficient mountain-killing, you would find an easy 15 additional spots I would say with a technical that is already possible.

For a long term fix:
    Being Dutch, I would say: land reclamation.
    Instead of the Science System, I would love to have seen dams, dikes, water pomps and all other sorts of land reclamation buildings.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    remember in time there will be extra mine/deposits in the rocks..... so removal of then would then kill that option

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MizMoneyPenny View Post
    remember in time there will be extra mine/deposits in the rocks..... so removal of then would then kill that option
    And there might be different tree deposits, so deforestation would kill that option too. Landfill over the lakes, rivers and inlets would destroy fishing, and once the whole island is a flat, green expanse of land covered with buildings, what then? Urbanisation has its downsides.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I still maintain that as a resource management game island space is a resource that has to be managed.

Reply to Thread