Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Premium Accounts!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Of course, it's "take it or leave it". Just too bad that now, by leaving it, you'll end up being pruposefully downgraded to second class.
    If premium didn't confer added advantages and a 'first class' or 'premium' experience over 'second class' or 'normal' playing, then what would be the point in spending money? People only pay for premium in order to get a premium experience, which means something extra that non-premium doesn't get or needs to work at. I am pretty sure that I will still be able to play an enjoyable game without feeling that I'm somehow second class, or missing out on something vital. I have saved up and worked for some of the gem items that I want, and I am motivated to save and work for others as and when I can.

World
    Sandycove
    I have to ask a question in relation to premium accounts:

I activated it on test server but can't remember if the herbs/cauldrons/scarecrows that respawn on the island are related to the premium accounts or not. There is nothing in the link here http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...493#post233493 that mentions collectibles being part of this new content.

example
    http://prntscr.com/1j4glc

I may well have just missed another post on this, and if this is the case, I apologise. But could somebody please clarify for me?

Thank you
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 03.08.13 at 12:41. Reason: added link

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    "where are the additional buffs that you will be needing to maximise your Barracks...".

There is a special drill plan that triples the rate of training that can be got with the herbs etc from the premium account. Its under collectibles in the Mayors House. http://prntscr.com/1j4glc
    And how many days of collecting will it take on average until you have enough for the special drill plan, certainly not enough to spam adventures.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Of course, it's "take it or leave it". Just too bad that now, by leaving it, you'll end up being pruposefully downgraded to second class.
    This is always the case for all f2p games sooner or later (in this case later)... Nothing is free you know???

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    And how many days of collecting will it take on average until you have enough for the special drill plan, certainly not enough to spam adventures.
    Im not sure, but on test server the goodies respawn pretty fast. Though Im guessing that is only because it IS test server lol. The point is, the opportunity is there and having said that, the Fairytale adventures will take much longer to complete than normal ones

I certainly won't be rushing to get anywhere fast on it all as it's additional content that I will enjoy taking time to do, but there will be many that want it all fast..

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    I have to ask a question in relation to premium accounts:

I activated it on test server but can't remember if the herbs/cauldrons/scarecrows that respawn on the island are related to the premium accounts or not. There is nothing in the link here http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...493#post233493 that mentions collectibles being part of this new content.

example
    http://prntscr.com/1j4glc

I may well have just missed another post on this, and if this is the case, I apologise. But could somebody please clarify for me?

Thank you
    They're separate. Since the first mention most or any of us may have seen of the Collections is tucked in this:

Test server Update & Maintenance August 1st

NEW FEATURES
    • Premium Accounts (See local dev's diary for details)
    • Collectible items
    it is a bit confusing but they're not connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post

I suspect Jollyfog's right and there is as yet no way to be certain but it does help if you've a good eye for extreme 'Where's Waldo', er, 'Where's Kettle' style things:

Happily, it's not always quite that squint inducing.

If the "Help Window Archive" text is accurate the Collections buffs are level dependent, it's just not clear if that means one level opens them all or different buffs need different levels. Also it neglects to mention most collectibles can be found on the Home Island (for now at least it's just the Bronze Cauldrons that are exclusive to Advs) so here's hoping it's tidied and clarified before going live.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 03.08.13 at 17:36.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    After talking to fellow guildies we have come to the conclusion that collectables respawn at the 2am-3am time when we get the next daily & guild quests, we have also found that collectables also spawn on non-premium account islands. One can only hope the same will apply to the live servers.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    seems like the gap between people who purchase gems and those that don't is just getting larger and larger by adding more things such as this

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Could this mean we will have less lag or even regular updates to the game? Players are asking for things like bigger slider so more troops can be made with fewer clicks and larger refills for meat and fish deposits, level 51+ content, more room for buildings on the island among other improvements to make the game less repetitive. I'm sure the advantages might be worth it in the long run.
    Agree 100%!

Repetitive tasks make the game boring and sometimes frustrating.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    So we are only getting 25% extra loot and XP even though it says 50% in the news? Not so sure I'll bother now

Reply to Thread