Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Premium Accounts!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    And again: win what, who are you competing against...
    You are competing against yourself of course. The goal of the game is to be efficient and prosperous, so naturally you are attempting to fulfill your potential. Now our potential is being shown to be 50% more than what it is without the premium account, therefore we are not fulfilling our potential. Or in other words, not maximizing our efficiency.

Win does not always mean beat up someone else :P

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    You are competing against yourself of course. The goal of the game is to be efficient and prosperous, so naturally you are attempting to fulfill your potential. Now our potential is being shown to be 50% more than what it is without the premium account, therefore we are not fulfilling our potential. Or in other words, not maximizing our efficiency.
    And you can compete against yourself as a free player or as a non-free player with different sets of rules. If you can be the most efficient you can be within the set of rules available to you, then that's still a win for you.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    And you can compete against yourself as a free player or as a non-free player with different sets of rules. If you can be the most efficient you can be within the set of rules available to you, then that's still a win for you.
    I would have thought that every player has an individual set of rules to play by, as we all have different amounts of time, money and effort to spend on the game. Also, different people enjoy doing different things: I would find it tedious having to make maximum profit out of every last resource, adventure and search, or trying to keep everything buffed 24/7; other players enjoy doing those things. If you enjoy the game and achieve what you set out to do with it, surely that's a win?

World
    Northisle
    An option to split the premium time would be nice so when you do buy it you do waste it

World
    Northisle
    CoOol
    Woow premiums get way to much ( pay to win )

World
    Sandycove
    how about giving premium time if you buy a gem pit or endless copper mine?

how about giving premium time for the ones that already bought these buildings?

how about looking a bit at other games and make this one with less lose ends?

World
    Newfoundland
    i think the 10% should affect self-buffing too

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i knew i should have picked greebo for my name!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by gajodoporto View Post
    how about giving premium time if you buy a gem pit or endless copper mine?

how about giving premium time for the ones that already bought these buildings?

how about looking a bit at other games and make this one with less lose ends?

No, no, and don't be daft.

If you've already bought a gem pit or endless copper mine, you've already spent enough, so why should they?

If you've historically bought a gem pit or endless copper mine, you've already spent enough, (which with inflation is worth less than if you bought it today) so why should they?

How about you look around at some other games and realise 3 things.
    1. these guys are already far better to there players (even those who don't or rarely spend real money on it) than people in charge of other games.
    2. these guys are already far better at communicating with the players as to what they want included in it.
    3. these guys are already far better at communicating with the players in terms of upcoming events, updates and developments the people in charge of other games.

And on a personal note, if you've already bought a gem pit, you have a ready supply of gems, if you've already got an endless copper mine as well you clearly have enough money to put your hand in your pocket again.

Reply to Thread