Reply to Thread

Thread: Resources in star menu are shuffled

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Resources in star menu are shuffled

Hi all,

I thought I had a problem with items in my star menu being shuffled after selection so I contacted BB support. They rather blew me off. I thought it must be a problem local to my system.

I've checked with my guild and it's a common experience, so I thought I'd air it here.

Let's assume you have four buffs in your star menu. And nothing else. Slot's 1 - 3 are baskets and slot four is a Red Flying Settler (RFS.) Slot 1 has 10 baskets, slot 2 has 15 and slot 3 has 20.

This is what used to happen and what BB support believes continues to happen:

If you select the buff in slot 3 and apply it to twenty buildings, when you re-open the menu, slot 3 is greyed out until the system catches up with the buffs being applied. Then the RFS in slot 4 is moved left into slot 3.

This is what happens to me (and the members of my guild who responded when I asked on guild chat):

If you select the buff in slot 3 and apply it to 20 buildings, when you re-open the menu, any of slots 1, 2 or 3 may be greyed out. If the system catches up with the buff whilst the menu is open the RFS is moved forward from slot 4 to slot 3. However, the system might also shuffle the baskets in slots 1 and 2 so that now slot 1 has 15 baskets and slot 2 has 10.

BB support believe that this problem is at my end and that either my version of Flash is out of date (which it's not) or that my browser cache needs clearing (which makes no difference.)

So, I'm wondering is this behaviour common? Or is it just me and my guild?

Thanks,
    Teddd

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Happens to me constantly, I just assumed it's like that for everyone. I'm amazed if BB don't recognise this as common behaviour... that's just embarrassing!!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    This happens ALL the time to me. I've just chosen to accept it, it doesn't impact my gaming experience very much. But the problem exists and i wouldn't mind if they fixed it.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I have found that buffs of the same type may get shuffled around in the star menu depending on how many of the stack are left, but they do still stay grouped together.

However if a stack gets depleted then all items are moved to the left to occupy that space.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

Quote Originally Posted by Teddd View Post

BB support believe that this problem is at my end and that either my version of Flash is out of date (which it's not) or that my browser cache needs clearing (which makes no difference.)

So, I'm wondering is this behaviour common? Or is it just me and my guild?

Thanks,
    Teddd
    i think, whenever they have no solution, this is their best answer
    a lot of people have the same problem and all of them have an outdated flash, bad connection and whatever else they can think of
    we play their game, but their bugs we are to blame for

World
    Sandycove

It's indeed a problem I have often seen in my star menu. While I can usually find the stack back easily, it's kinda annoying.

I do have an idea why the buff stacks jump around. Gytha_Ogg mentioned that the order depends on the the amount of buffs still in the stack. However seeing this:

I'm pretty sure it's not determining the order of the buff stacks.

Most star items have clear sorting requirements, buff stacks are fuzzy and the star menu resorts often.

There doesn't appear to be anything that instructs the game to sort the buffs in any order, so often when it's sorted again (which happens when the amount of buffs in a stack decreases) they change order. This is very annoying while buffing someone and trying to see how many you have left. But most of the times you'll be able to find it anyway.

Last edited by Fexno; 01.08.13 at 19:32.

World
    Sandycove
    Happens to me all the time as well.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    It's truly amazing that anyone could say this doesn't happen. It happens to all of us all the time. As best as I can remember, this started around the time the parrot exploit was fixed. The prov house got laggier & slower to queue, buff sorting went haywire, and not-count-downing stacks & ghost stacks appeared.

prntscr.com/1m0bo5
    Last edited by Hairy; 18.08.13 at 18:45.

Reply to Thread